{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stevenage scorefred sponsored by a game in 'the slums'.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stevenage scorefred sponsored by a game in 'the slums'.

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Well done. Showed real character to come back after conceding so close to half time.

Nice to see Walker amongst the goals.

Massive game against Bury coming up.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Brilliant.

Said at half time we were much the better side and we made it tell second half. Made you proud to be a Stags fan supporting us today, kept going despite Stevenage and the refs best efforts to slow us down.

Sweeney fantastic but In fairness they all had good games and very pleased for Walker to get back on the scoresheet, let’s hope he has a big Christmas period. Up the Stags!!!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Special mention to Conrad Logan for a crackin save at 1-1 when he tipped it onto the bar.....game changer !!!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Superb result. Great resilience in coming back from that goal at half time.

Still unbeaten away. Phenomenal result.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Probably the best way atmosphere at an away game apart from the derbies for a long time. The lads and the drummer never stopped
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:19 pm

On the way back . A bit tipsy but a very happy man . Dominated the game . Great away support .
arsene wengers coat. We have looked promotional candidates for months . Including pre season freindlies and the cup games , there has not been one team that has been better than us . Massive game against Bury so we need to turn out in force .
COYS
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Well done done stags, a great result, especially after going 1 - nil down at half time.

:coys:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Stags fans sung the entire game, a huge thanks to the drummer, Conrad Logan pulled off a fantastic save at 1-1. Defence was massive today. May be a few injuries for players today. Bishop and Benning were struggling with knocks.We need everyone at the next home game COYS
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Brilliant away win at a team near the playoffs, and after being 1-0 down, excellent. Bury at home will be tough though.
Only Norwood and Stockley have scored more than Walker haven't they? And both of them may go to higher clubs in the transfer window.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:46 pm

tmwilson wrote:On the way back . A bit tipsy but a very happy man . Dominated the game . Great away support .
arsene wengers coat. We have looked promotional candidates for months . Including pre season freindlies and the cup games , there has not been one team that has been better than us . Massive game against Bury so we need to turn out in force .
COYS

I've seen us several times and we've looked good, but not ruthless.

Starting to believe beyond just being a hopeful stags fan.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Stags fans sung the entire game, a huge thanks to the drummer, Conrad Logan pulled off a fantastic save at 1-1. Defence was massive today. May be a few injuries for players today. Bishop and Benning were struggling with knocks.We need everyone at the next home game COYS

Glad to hear we turned out. Never happy missing a game but gutted to have missed one where the fans were in good voice and creating a good atmos.. How many were there?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Johnny H wrote:Special mention to Conrad Logan for a crackin save at 1-1 when he tipped it onto the bar.....game changer !!!

That's good to hear.

I hope he keeps it up until the end of the season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Sorry i really dont think we would have conceded that goal with bobby in goal cross i logan nowhere and we concede sorry hes just not good enough
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Johnny H wrote:Special mention to Conrad Logan for a crackin save at 1-1 when he tipped it onto the bar.....game changer !!!

That's good to hear.

I hope he keeps it up until the end of the season.

Sorry he did not put in onto the bar ,rewind is a gift ,hes not a great keeper hope jake kean gets his chance
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:20 pm

spanishstag wrote:Sorry i really dont think we would have conceded that goal with bobby in goal cross i logan nowhere and we concede sorry hes just not good enough

Go away, who needs people like you on this thread!
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm

spanishstag wrote:Sorry i really dont think we would have conceded that goal with bobby in goal cross i logan nowhere and we concede sorry hes just not good enough

Login kept us in the game
Give your head a shake
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:27 pm

We won 3-1 and dominated the game, who cares whether he did or didn't tip it onto the bar.

I'm more than happy with Logan in nets, he's proven himself many times over, he knows the team, the team know him.

Onwards and upwards, can't wait for Boxing Day, there's going to be a big crowd, we need to start quick and match Bury's quick starts.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Sorry its about opinions ,as for saying logan kept us in the game ,not what i watched ,hes not good enough imo .we woudnt have conceded that goal with bobby in goal, if you disagree fair enough but its just my opinion ok l
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:41 pm

spanishstag wrote:Sorry its about opinions ,as for saying logan kept us in the game ,not what i watched ,hes not good enough imo .we woudnt have conceded that goal with bobby in goal, if you disagree fair enough but its just my opinion ok l

And if White had done his job they wouldn't of got in the position to score and if Walker had taken his first half chances , we would of been out of sight in the first half and if Benning hadn't gone off , Rose wouldn't of set the second goal up . It's a team game .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:41 pm

Sounds like a grown up showing to going behind against the run of play.

Seems like we’ve got a group of lads that seemingly don’t understand what lose means.

Big game against bury on Wednesday
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 pm

spanishstag wrote:Sorry its about opinions ,as for saying logan kept us in the game ,not what i watched ,hes not good enough imo .we woudnt have conceded that goal with bobby in goal, if you disagree fair enough but its just my opinion ok l

Get off the Samgria.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Not sure if you were at the game or if this post is a joke. First of all it wasnt Logan’s fault - the ball should not have come in

How can you post as you have after such a great away performance. And the support was immense

COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:11 pm

I never said it was logans fault ,what i said was i dont think we would have conceded a goal like that with him in goal
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Very good performance, always looked in control and every player deserves a mention. We looked more threatening when we moved CJ into LWB - just one of those games where he struggled up front due to the bigger centre backs.

Fans were immense - starting to believe!!!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Get off the Samgria.

Samgria sorry sir ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum