{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League Two Team of the Season (so far)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

League Two Team of the Season (so far)

Postby d3d4 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi all,

I have put this together using the InStat Index. It took me ages but is very interesting:

http://d3d4football.com/instat-index-league-two-team-of-the-season-so-far/

Hope you enjoy.

James
d3d4
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: League Two Team of the Season (so far)

Postby grufti » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:50 pm

You're playing Preston and Hamilton out of position :lol: :lol:
All three centre-backs have been excellent, but the majority of Stags would have chosen Pearce out of the three.
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm

I assume this is stats driven but v interesting

I think there is little to choose between the back three - as a unit they have been exceptional.

Its interesting that CJ's stats stack up and support the view we all have. I do wish we could stop talking about CJ being out of position. There is no doubt his stint at wb has improved him beyond belief

COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Matt Preston has played in all three of the CB positions and CJ has played mostly on the right. Does it really matter. Their stats show how well they have been doing. Bobby Olejnik on bench and Tyler Walker just misses out (level with Jayden Stockley)
Only Lincoln have 4 players in this team. Shows how well Stags have been playing generally.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Jimstag » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:02 am

It would be good to see how their index is calculated but it feels in the right area. CJ has been great and improving rapidly, he’s played in numerous positions so I’m ok with the right winger tag. Our defence has a decent record, we defend as a unit so singling 1 out is tough, I guess the stats are slightly better when Preston has played vs the other two, personally I think KP is more influential and Bishop has been cracking sitting just in front
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks for posting the stats James. That's very interesting reading and a decent side.

Danny Mayor has been a stand out player in League 2 this season.

I think Bobby Olejnik, Matt Preston, Krystian Pearce, Neal Bishop and CJ Hamilton are all worthy of a place in the team. Jacob Mellis will also be a good contender if he carries on in the 2nd half of the season in his current form.

I would have thought Mal Benning must be up there as well at left back for his attacking play allthough this does mean he loses his man sometimes when defending.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Thanks for posting the stats James. That's very interesting reading and a decent side.

Danny Mayor has been a stand out player in League 2 this season.

I think Bobby Olejnik, Matt Preston, Krystian Pearce, Neal Bishop and CJ Hamilton are all worthy of a place in the team. Jacob Mellis will also be a good contender if he carries on in the 2nd half of the season in his current form.

I would have thought Mal Benning must be up there as well at left back for his attacking play allthough this does mean he loses his man sometimes when defending.

I agree. The defence has been excellent. However, if we are to achieve promotion this season - then we need another midfielder (Jacob Mellis?), plus a striker to also be in that team. Therein lies the challenge for the second half of the season.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:58 pm

we need what we have needed for two years now, a proven goal scorer
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:04 pm

wonder what it would take to prise Danny Mayor from Bury
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:33 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:we need what we have needed for two years now, a proven goal scorer

No you don’t. Having a 20 goal a season striker isn’t key to promotion. Goals from all over the pitch can contribute, something which we lacked last season.

Burton Albion won promotion from L1 by scoring only 57 goals in 46 league games. They only conceded 37 goals.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum