{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Forest Green Rovers - no Refund

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Forest Green Rovers - no Refund

Postby Number63 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:41 pm

I've not been to an abandon match before....

The game was clearly not playable before half time so I think this is a bit of a mean interpretation of FGR ticket obligations.
It would be nice if the special offer could be made clear soon.

Following Saturday's game at The New Lawn - which was abandoned at half-time due to a waterlogged pitch - Forest Green Rovers have updated the club in relation to tickets purchased for the match.

They have provided the club with the following statement: 'As the game on Saturday was abandoned after the half time whistle, in line with our Ticketing Terms & Conditions, there will be no refunds available for the match.

The club will announce a special offer for the rearranged fixture, once the new date is confirmed.'

A date for the rearranged fixture will be announced in due course.
https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018/december/forest-green-ticket-update/
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Forest Green Rovers Refund

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Wants to be a bloody good special offer as you can watch it on ifollow for £10.

Should be all those who attended before ‘free’ and then £5 everyone else.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Re: Forest Green Rovers Refund

Postby Number63 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Wants to be a bloody good special offer as you can watch it on ifollow for £10.

Should be all those who attended before ‘free’ and then £5 everyone else.

I'd agree with that
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Forest Green Rovers - no Refund

Postby ironbru » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:53 pm

I dont believe the first half was completed.
I believe that less than 45 minutes were played, nor did i recall seeing the added minutes board shown.
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sw19stag » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:54 pm

I'm beginning to dislike this club more and more.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:00 pm

An absolute disgrace. The raspberrying game should have been called off earlier it was bloody obvious. At times our national game is an embarrassment and FGR will never get a penny out of me the quorn loving veggie tw**s
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:19 pm

ironbru wrote:I dont believe the first half was completed.
I believe that less than 45 minutes were played, nor did i recall seeing the added minutes board shown.

it was 45 mins 3 seconds when he blew the whistle. There should have been at least a minute added for when he stopped the game to talk to the captains.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Won't bother going all that way again on a Tuesday night.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:37 pm

horrible club, sooner it goes back to non league oblivion the better!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Same thing at Accrington some years back, that too should never have started, easy money for the club.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby part time pete » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Wasn’t expecting a refund. Let’s hope a really good offer for rearranged game
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:54 pm

part time pete wrote:Wasn’t expecting a refund. Let’s hope a really good offer for rearranged game

It's supposed to be half price, according to the T&Cs, isn't it?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:59 pm

I remember being wet through at Accrington maybe Boxing Day around 2007 that got called off at half time and we never got any refunds either.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
ironbru wrote:I dont believe the first half was completed.

it was 45 mins 3 seconds when he blew the whistle. There should have been at least a minute added for when he stopped the game to talk to the captains.

As the referee is the ‘sole’ timekeeper I am afraid the fans are, rather aptly given the weather conditions, up the creek without a paddle.

Don’t agree with what happened but that is football.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:19 pm

We did not get a refund at the match against Tranmere in 2003 which was abandoned at half time but the rearranged match the following Tuesday was free entry.

I am sure that once a match has started there is no obligation to give refunds but generally clubs will do a reduced admission for a rearranged game.

I don't think that Stags gave a refund when the match against Oxford was abandoned at half time. There were also a couple of pre season matches at home against Derby and Florist about 12 years ago where no refunds were given.

I think the rearranged match against Accrington was reduced admission and it was played in front of a crowd of 1234. An easy figure to remember!

They did however refund the gate money when .the match at Southend in 2001 was abandoned when the referee collapsed just before half time. I cannot recall what the arrangement were for the rearranged game
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby Bros » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:26 am

If JR was at the game he will have seen how bad the facilities were for the Stags fans and take pity on us. Perhaps he could offer a discount in the club shop for anyone producing an FGR ticket.
Just a thought
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 am

Bros wrote:If JR was at the game he will have seen how bad the facilities were for the Stags fans and take pity on us. Perhaps he could offer a discount in the club shop for anyone producing an FGR ticket.
Just a thought

Not sure why he'd do that. The facilities at FGR should come as no surprise, we all have access to weather forecasts and no one made you go.

I'm just surprised so many travelled.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby kaftanimp » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 am

I feel your pain on this one for sure, such a nice Club !

Last season we played Forest Gump on a Tuesday night in conditions which can only be described as appalling. Of course a Club is only a reflection of its leader - need I say more !

They kept all 400+ Lincoln fans on the open terrace in the pouring rain (I would not wish this on any visiting supporter from any team - not even FGR) while the stand behind the goal had about 20-30 FGR fans in it at most keeping nice and dry. There was no seating made available to our fans (young or old) either, we all got thoroughly soaked which seemed to delight their support who were sparsely populated around their tin pot shed.

It would only have taken a staff member or steward a few moments to move the 20-30 fans into the empty vacuum of seats in the stand opposite us to enable their visitors to all at least have some shelter from the elements.... but no, Stale Mince and his veggie munching veganites sat in their covered seats looking on in pleasure at our discomfort.

How sweet the final whistle was for us and a much deserved 1-0 victory, even though the drive back to Lincolnshire in soaking wet clothing was slightly uncomfortable... mind you, it was worse for Sean Raggett who got more than he deserved when their on loan keeper spat at him during the match ! Disgusting..

I hope you all receive free entry for the replay at the New Lawn, it's a long journey for a Tuesday night. Oh, if I were you i'd take your own pork pies, the catering is somewhat restricted even though the samosas are tasty.

Talking of leaders, I look on from afar at you Stags and very much admire what Mr Radford is doing at the One Call Stadium (Field Mill as it always will be to me). There are so many similarities between our two Clubs at the moment, a Chairman who is giving the supporters something to believe in, training pitches being built, community initiatives, two strong teams who I expect to see in League One next season competing against each other again. Teams worthy of the supporters getting behind them, these are heady days and should be embraced and enjoyed by all of us.

Both our Clubs have been through the mill in the past and it's good to see two local teams on the up together. Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from March 16th for obvious reasons.

Festive Salutations to you all
kaftanimp
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stag861 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:17 am

Sneag wrote:
Bros wrote:If JR was at the game he will have seen how bad the facilities were for the Stags fans and take pity on us. Perhaps he could offer a discount in the club shop for anyone producing an FGR ticket.
Just a thought

Not sure why he'd do that. The facilities at FGR should come as no surprise, we all have access to weather forecasts and no one made you go.

Fine, but we had already had our tickets and when we set off there was no indication the game would be affected, FGR, Radio 5 etc.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stag861 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:31 am

Forest Green manager Mark Cooper poured cold water on referee James Linington’s decision to call the game off against Mansfield Town at half-time after a torrent of rain led to a waterlogged pitch at the New Lawn.

Cooper insisted: “The right decision would have been to not start the game.

“We told the referee the forecast that it would be a monsoon of Mongolian proportions but he chose not to listen to that.

“Then he chose to call the game off when it stopped raining. "

Perhaps the ref doesn't get paid for a postponement
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:44 am

stag861 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Just a thought

Fine, but we had already had our tickets and when we set off there was no indication the game would be affected, FGR, Radio 5 etc.

Still don't see why JR should be picking up the compo tab though.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:50 am

Thank you Kaftanimp.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:08 pm

A supporter states you knew what the weather forecast stated why go. This is not about the weather. I looked the weather up and saw wind and rain, so I asked for an undercover seat from MTFC paying £19 . This was not an undercover area in any respect. As a comparison it would be like standing in the current Bishop Street stand under the curtledge of the filming stantion. No cover. I would have worn waterproof trs and taken an umbrella. The facilities are what they are but they have two half full covered areas why not give away fans one of the areas behind the goals.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm

It’s all part of the game, Forest Green can’t help the weather. They’ll still have to pay all the match day staff etc. Sure if it was the other way around here there’d be no refund
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Every ground in the country gets the first two rows of seats wet when it rains, the problem with that stand is it only has two rows
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum