{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Grimsby Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Grimsby Tickets

Postby scotsstag » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:15 pm

Anyone know the correct number of tickets we have been allocated for this match?
Mansfield website says 1062 and Stagstickets says just shy of 1500.
Only reason I ask is I'll pay on the day if there's plenty available.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Re: Grimsby Tickets

Postby part time pete » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:21 am

Earlier on in the season for the Grimsby- Port Vale game it was advertised as pay on the day and then at last minute (Friday afternoon) changed it to all ticket for away fans and many Vale fans didn’t get in and had to go to pub in Cleethorpes
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:45 am

Cant see many going. Plod have ruined it
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:07 am

682 on Boxing Day last season. Probably similar number this season.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:17 am

1PM on NYD - farcical again from the police. Intent on ruining everything for the average fan
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:34 am

Grimsby would be a decent away day purely down to us taking a good following but once again there’s a dampener on it due to a 1 o’clock KO on New Years Day which probably knocks best part of 1000 off our gate. If this were played early or late in the season and we were going well we’d sell 1500 no problem.

Ridiculous how many times this fixtures has fallen on NYD or Boxing Day in recent times.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:38 am

The plod don't want to have this fixture at any other time.

Its getting beyond a joke.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:44 am

Think I'll just get em now online and be done with it TBH.
Another early start for me from "north o the wall", really don't like the 1pm games.
Cheers for the info chaps.
COYS. :mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:54 am

I have sent an email to the FA around the rules and regulations around moving fixtures. To say there is potential for trouble is not a satisfactory answer in my opinion as we have seen soo many high profile fixtures over all 4 leagues occur at 3pm on a Saturday. If its a home game, we have the gate segregation and the blocked access to the retail park so I really cannot see what difference 2 hours makes. If they are wories about the drinkers, they just go out at 9am and not 11am
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:37 pm

I've bought two tickets this morning, but seriously considered giving it a miss. Awful venue, nowhere for a drink unless its in that decrepit pit under the stand. Park your car in the street and have to be careful you don't step on a 'Dog Egg'. Never known a place with as much on the coursey.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:09 pm

Another thing about moving this to 1pm is that there are going to be people driving to this game still over the limit from the night before. They probably won't even realise it either like a lot of people don't, but nearly everyone celebrates New Years Eve which is why a lot of accidents happen on New Years Day. Stupid decision.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Dan wrote:Another thing about moving this to 1pm is that there are going to be people driving to this game still over the limit from the night before. They probably won't even realise it either like a lot of people don't, but nearly everyone celebrates New Years Eve which is why a lot of accidents happen on New Years Day. Stupid decision.

Easy overtime for the plod. Double pay and no fans to police
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Probably treble time on NYD. :x
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Been on NYD for the last few years, but not doing it again - out on the piss then 4am bed followed by getting up for a 90 mins drive and early kick off is a joke.
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:40 pm

It was boxing day last year, but same thing. Still a festive holiday
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Soon all local games with be on Tuesday mornings at 10 am.. a few pensioners and under fives...just the job for the police to manage..not to mention ticketing ..
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:16 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Grimsby would be a decent away day purely down to us taking a good following but once again there’s a dampener on it due to a 1 o’clock KO on New Years Day which probably knocks best part of 1000 off our gate. If this were played early or late in the season and we were going well we’d sell 1500 no problem.

Ridiculous how many times this fixtures has fallen on NYD or Boxing Day in recent times.

Won’t knock a thousand off
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:28 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Grimsby would be a decent away day purely down to us taking a good following but once again there’s a dampener on it due to a 1 o’clock KO on New Years Day which probably knocks best part of 1000 off our gate. If this were played early or late in the season and we were going well we’d sell 1500 no problem.

Won’t knock a thousand off

‘Best part of’. Maybe overdoing it a touch but a couple of years ago we were just shy of 1300 when we got smashed 3-0, last year we were just shy of 700 so that’s a 600 swing there. As I say I think if it were at a different time of year and we were in this form we would take close to 1500 particularly if it was a 3pm.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:50 pm

I think if we've pushed into the top 3 then come New Years Day we should have over 1000 there whether it's a 1PM KO or not. Anyone who feels the need to go and get tanked up in Clee before the game needs their head looking at.

Just go there, support the boys, take the 3 points and then drive back to God's county and celebrate with a big smile on your face.
Hanging around in that Godforsaken sh*thole is not an option for any sane Stags fan.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Spiritater wrote:I think if we've pushed into the top 3 then come New Years Day we should have over 1000 there whether it's a 1PM KO or not. Anyone who feels the need to go and get tanked up in Clee before the game needs their head looking at.

Just go there, support the boys, take the 3 points and then drive back to God's county and celebrate with a big smile on your face.
Hanging around in that Godforsaken sh*thole is not an option for any sane Stags fan.

Bang on Spiro. What a depressing dump, even codheads pleased to get out every other week.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:34 pm

They've spent millions on Cleethorpes, I think they've done a good job of it. Can highly recommend going for fish & chips in the pier restaurant.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Spiritater wrote:I think if we've pushed into the top 3 then come New Years Day we should have over 1000 there whether it's a 1PM KO or not. Anyone who feels the need to go and get tanked up in Clee before the game needs their head looking at.

Its not about getting tanked up before. Its more to do with people getting tanked up the night before.

people also spend time with familys in the morning and set off at like 12ish. which is plenty of time to get to the game and not be over the limit
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:38 pm

I quite like getting to Cleethorpes about lunch time and having fish and chips and a pint, then strolling down to the ground. Although it's a bit of a dump it's a good traditional stadium. Not sure yet how to fit it around New Year's Day lunch though. And obviously the weather is likely to be a factor.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:49 pm

The EFL has confirmed that it's all based on police advice and nothing they can do about moving fixtures, they have to respect the request.

The club apparently have the power to say no, but as suspected the plod will slap a massive cost onto the game, which will effectively cost more then we'll make on gate receipts.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:59 pm

The One wrote:

Bang on Spiro. What a depressing dump, even codheads pleased to get out every other week.

Could be much worse, we could be going to Solihull Moors on NYD. :D
Come to think of it we could be hosting them BoxDay as well. :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum