{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anderson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Anderson

Postby Never easy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Not even on bench for reserves . What’s the story ? Let’s hope he’s off next month obviously no future here
Never easy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Anderson

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Yeh i haven't even seen him around for ages. He was knocking around the ground and the gym etc in his tracksuit
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 pm

Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:09 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:...

You make a really valid point here, Edders. Thanks for the contribution.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:16 pm

He must curse the day he walked into Field Mill.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Would be great to get him off the wage bill in January and reinvest that money elsewhere, but I just find it difficult to see anybody coming in for a player who hasn’t kicked a ball in anger in 6/7 months and is on very high wages.

Best we’ll probably be able to manage is a loan with them paying a percentage of his wage, but we’ll see!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Makes you wonder to what extent the falling out between him and the management went to.

He's been well and truly outcast, but if he deemed the treatment to be unfair then he has every right to go to the PFA about it....but he hasn't done which makes you start to think he can't exactly be an innocent party?
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:25 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:He must curse the day he walked into Field Mill.

I think we should curse the day he walked into field mill.
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Obviously mouthed off about something he doesn't like...

Might come across all nice on social media and when he meets fans but you never really get to know a footballer unless you work with them.

Wish someone would just say whats going off. Glad its not affecting the rest of the camp
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Chimney wrote:

I think we should curse the day he walked into field mill.

Haha. True.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Never rated him. No pace and poor end product. This guy knows how to steal a living. We’ve had a few of them recently!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Obviously mouthed off about something he doesn't like...

Might come across all nice on social media and when he meets fans but you never really get to know a footballer unless you work with them.

Wish someone would just say whats going off. Glad its not affecting the rest of the camp

I'm guessing both sides have opted for the professional 'silent' approach until it gets resolved, if ever.

I'm gonna make a huge presumption and say it's Anderson, given how respectful and patient DF is in general and how the rest of the squad have responded to his approach. Either way, i don't want him near the 1st team till this is cleared and it's proven no ill feeling remain. Until then we need to find some BSP cash cow who'd be willing to pay 40%+ of his wages to at least get him back on people's radars.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:08 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

I'm guessing both sides have opted for the professional 'silent' approach until it gets resolved, if ever.

I'm gonna make a huge presumption and say it's Anderson, given how respectful and patient DF is in general and how the rest of the squad have responded to his approach. Either way, i don't want him near the 1st team till this is cleared and it's proven no ill feeling remain. Until then we need to find some BSP cash cow who'd be willing to pay 40%+ of his wages to at least get him back on people's radars.

also Anderson doesn't really fit into flitcroft's system , he doesn't have the legs to play at right wing back and I can't see him anywhere else on the pitch.

he didn't pull up that many trees last year either, I just wish we could free up his wages so we could get someone in who is useful to the team
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm

From what I heard Anderson was fed up with playing right back, he'll play there is needed (ie no other option) and was upset when Evans said he'd "played there before" in the press. Apparently he sat down with Flitcroft and said he wants to play as a "out and out winger" but Flitcroft said he doesn't use those kinds of player in the system so they both agreed he'd be transfer listed here. He had offers but the best offer was a third of his wage here and he couldn't afford to take such a drastic pay cut immediately (which for me is fair enough, you got a family to feed and I know I couldn't take such a large pay cut now)

The blame lies at Evans feet for the situation for giving him such a high wage and for playing him out of position.

Right now it's a mutual agreement both fairly happy given the circumstances. With Flitcroft's high standards I doubt he'd be fit enough to play anyway. Rather get a youth player some game time.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Totally unacceptable. Club pay the wages and should be prepared to play where the manager thinks best. Where would all those fans watching stags and paying for our tickets be if we took that line at work!! Just hope this is nowhere near the story.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Theres a lot more than that to it, if the above was true then why wouldn't DF play Ando in the reserves/youth team to keep fitness up? It would be in everyones interest you would think, there's obviously been an unrepairable argument.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stags4eva » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:41 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

also Anderson doesn't really fit into flitcroft's system , he doesn't have the legs to play at right wing back and I can't see him anywhere else on the pitch.

he didn't pull up that many trees last year either, I just wish we could free up his wages so we could get someone in who is useful to the team

Don't get me wrong I never really rated Anderson but for me he is far more suited to playing wing back than Atkinson who seems to be the current back up (even though he's useless) and he got taken back off the transfer list.

This makes me think there's a lot more too it.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:25 pm

stags4eva wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Don't get me wrong I never really rated Anderson but for me he is far more suited to playing wing back than Atkinson who seems to be the current back up (even though he's useless) and he got taken back off the transfer list.

This makes me think there's a lot more too it.

I don't think Atkinson is useless at all, he is a good steady backup player/sub who can play in midfield , out on the right or at right back. I did expect more of him seeing as he has played in league one a lot but a good squad player to have
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 pm

I bet he does. He must be gutted picking up £3,750 a week & not having to go to work for it!!! (Allegedly!)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Why won't a reporter put the question to DF so he can set the record straight? With Stevo doing most manager interviews it's easy for the club to brush it under the carpet. If only Radio Nottm or 103.2 gave enough of a damn to provide more coverage and ask more pressing questions.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Stoney » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:31 am

I would love to know what he's actually done. If anyone actually knows the truth pm me.

I liked Ando as a player and think he's good enough to get on the bench but wish we could free his wages up ASAP. The way Flitcroft favours players who listen to his advice and want to improve and work their balls off for the club such as CJ, Benning, Pearce etc. Then I tend to believe the fault lies at Anderson's door.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:26 am

Looking at his twitter, being frozen out by us seems to be allowing him to summarise on BBC Radio Suffolk for Ipswich Town games.

Do they get paid to do that job as well? If so it can't be bad!
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:58 am

You've got the team playing well and only one League defeat in 20 games. It seems to me that it looks as though most of the 1st team squad must be singing off the same hymn sheet with DF as chief conductor. Ando's been singing a different song for a while now and couldn't care a monkey's.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Spiritater wrote: Ando's been singing a different song for a while now and couldn't care a monkey's.

Please enlighten us, as most people seem to be merely speculating.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Bradders wrote:
Spiritater wrote: Ando's been singing a different song for a while now and couldn't care a monkey's.

Please enlighten us, as most people seem to be merely speculating.

You don't have to be a genius to work it out.

Flitcroft has alluded to in quite a few interviews about 'bad influences' last season, and that the players weren't really 'in it together', and then also mentioning this week that when he came in some players weren't quite into learning & progressing as players than others were.

Anderson has obviously been round the block, played at a much higher level and had a fairly successful career. Fine when dropping down a level when you have a manager like Evans who's remit is usually just results based. When you have a manager like Flitcroft, who wants to coach players, and improve them, i imagine players of Anderson's calibre aren't the best to have around the camp.
James
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum