{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

fighting in the North Stand

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

fighting in the North Stand

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:04 am

what was all that about, anyone know?

tbh it just added to fun of the day for us lot lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: fighting in the North Stand

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 am

yorkshire stag wrote:what was all that about, anyone know?

tbh it just added to fun of the day for us lot lol

Nothing happened. Some Notts fans wanted to leave early and the stewards were like “nope you can stay and watch this sh I t for a few more minutes” :lol:
Really, it was handbags with no arrests!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 am

According to the Skunks message board it was the fault of the police, the stewards, the shape of the stadium and Stags fans enjoying the game.

Petulant brain dead raspberries from the Medduhs were in no way responsible for their own behaviour.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 am

I think they we’re arguing about the time of the next train to Nottingham :-)
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:33 am

Got told by a County friend of mine that it was an argument about the shape of their chairman’s head.

Some say it’s a cone and some say it’s an egg.

It’s amazing what they get exited about down the A60 these days.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:36 am

Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:40 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Got told by a County friend of mine that it was an argument about the shape of their chairman’s head.

Tippy Tappy's got a great shot of Wallace on his phone in his seat post the final whistle. If ever there was a photo of pure dejection this has to be it. Wish he'd post it on here. Apparently Wallace didn't make it to t'game till a couple of mins before kick off as the Pronto service was running 30 minutes late :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:42 am

Spiritater wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Got told by a County friend of mine that it was an argument about the shape of their chairman’s head.

Tippy Tappy's got a great shot of Wallace on his phone in his seat post the final whistle. If ever there was a photo of pure dejection this has to be it. Wish he'd post it on here. Apparently Wallace didn't make it to t'game till a couple of mins before kick off as the Pronto service was running 30 minutes late :lol:

I've seen that and was hoping he'd put it on - its every single fan slumped in their seat after a soul destroying loss, but its Hardy so its amazing. Its a caption competition waiting to be held. He's basically working out in his head how much he'd lose if he sold the club tomorrow.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:36 am

Spiritater wrote:

Would love to see this :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Spiritater wrote:

I was sat behind Hardy and he looked defeated even before kick off. I honestly don’t think he will be the owner too long, if he can find a buyer. The guy looks stressed!!! Spoke to Radford and he’s the complete opposite. Love it COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Hardy was chatting to Radford at the end of the game then returned to the away directors section, sat down and put his head in his hands.

Apparently told he was not invited to John's birthday party even though he had just given him a three point present
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sunray » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:56 pm

My wife was listening to Radio Nottm and they were saying Stags fans were involved. Fake news - trying to rubbish Mansfield fans instead of the real hooligans. Just shows how poor their reporting has fallen since Colin retired. I suppose if you watch crap every week it rubs off.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:00 pm

sunray wrote:My wife was listening to Radio Nottm and they were saying Stags fans were involved. Fake news - trying to rubbish Mansfield fans instead of the real hooligans. Just shows how poor their reporting has fallen since Colin retired. I suppose if you watch crap every week it rubs off.

Don't worry the Nottm post is the same, although Leigh (biased) Curtis gives them average marks, his comments on each player makes out they made a good game of it :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby DE STAG » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:41 pm

Makes me laugh all their talk of our neanderthals with six fingers etc., have they never been to Clifton, the Meadows, Top Valley, Forest Fields etc., it's like going to the very edge of civilisation, some very peculiar looking people, keep your doors locked and drive as fast as you can!
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:47 pm

DE STAG wrote:Makes me laugh all their talk of our neanderthals with six fingers etc., have they never been to Clifton, the Meadows, Top Valley, Forest Fields etc., it's like going to the very edge of civilisation, some very peculiar looking people, keep your doors locked and drive as fast as you can!

There are just six, very active, fathers in The Meadows - three of whom are out of prison at any one time.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:35 pm

sunray wrote:Hardy was chatting to Radford at the end of the game then returned to the away directors section, sat down and put his head in his hands.

Apparently told he was not invited to John's birthday party even though he had just given him a three point present

Hardy was feeling unwell, Ardley referred to it post match. I'm not surprised given what a pig's ear he's making of running Notts County.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
sunray wrote:Hardy was chatting to Radford at the end of the game then returned to the away directors section, sat down and put his head in his hands.

Hardy was feeling unwell, Ardley referred to it post match. I'm not surprised given what a pig's ear he's making of running Notts County.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hysteria: :hysteria: :rofl: :rofl: :yahoo: :yahoo: You are a proper comedian at times Marty :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Martin, comedy gold!!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Clifton isn’t to bad to be honest, it’s Meadows and Broxo that got to watch out for.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Old timer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Speaking to Counteh fans at work, their "fans" have been fighting amongst themselves at Meadow Lane without the help of anybody else so its a bit lame to blame other people.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Weren’t they all fighting among themselves recently at MK Dons aswell?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby DE STAG » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:08 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7931335/notts-county-fans-police-mansfield-town/

Handbags and Zimmer frames

Handbags... Colostomy bags more like.
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hysteria: :hysteria: :rofl: :rofl: :yahoo: :yahoo: You are a proper comedian at times Marty :lol:

When I spoke to JR recently, he said that he sympathised with Hardy's situation regarding managers and seemed sincere. We're lucky to have an owner who's not only ambitious and forward thinking, but polite, diplomatic and decent to people, even those that very vocally dislike our club, like Hardy.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:51 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

When I spoke to JR recently, he said that he sympathised with Hardy's situation regarding managers and seemed sincere. We're lucky to have an owner who's not only ambitious and forward thinking, but polite, diplomatic and decent to people, even those that very vocally dislike our club, like Hardy.

added to that the fact that not many stags fans would have questioned any decision JR could have made to part company with DF at the end of last season. In JR we trust.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DazMondo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Love the title, fighting in the north stand... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I remember when there was real fighting in the real north stand. :lol: :lol: :lol: that shambles shows how far behind county fans have fallen, wouldn't even class it as handbags.. :rofl: :rofl:

just saying :geek:
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum