{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Transfers Thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Additions

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Rob wrote:CJ's value will have dropped since Belly revealed he doesn't rate him.

I’ve been shaking my head at the comments on this thread. If he goes for a million, I’ll show my 4rse in Rumbelow’s window
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:CJ's value will have dropped since Belly revealed he doesn't rate him.

I’ve been shaking my head at the comments on this thread. If he goes for a million, I’ll show my 4rse in Rumbelow’s window

That's why Rumbelow's went bust! What bet did you lose then? :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

That's why Rumbelow's went bust! What bet did you lose then? :lol:

:lol: Ratners went bust as well , he gets around a bit :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:03 pm

CJ has improved greatly since he signed for us, but I doubt anyone would pay a million pound for him.

He needs to stay with us and continue his development.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:19 pm

CJ still has work to do if he is to be sold for that much. probably £600-750k at present form. Managers will be watching him closely. If he is instrumental in getting us promoted then he could very well move for £1m in the summer. If we aren't promoted then I suspect his value may decrease because he may want to leave to play at a higher level.

CJ is under contract until 2020 (he signed a new deal around the end of last season) and we also have an option to extend it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

I don't think he is worth a million yet, but he has the potential to be if he continues to develop as quickly as he has this season. The things he doesn't have you can teach, what he does have, you can't. A left sided player with the ability to go past a man with ease and with blinding pace is sure to attract attention.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:44 pm

News on Ashley Nadeson. John Sheridan has admitted defeat in trying to keep him on loan.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/172 ... lisle-utd/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Apparently we are after a Forest rising star on loan. It sounded like Apaya. Never heard of him tbh. Anyone know anything?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Apparently we are after a Forest rising star on loan. It sounded like Apaya. Never heard of him tbh. Anyone know anything?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvin_Appiah
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

It'd still be better viewing than strictly come prancing :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:21 am

HU7stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Apparently we are after a Forest rising star on loan. It sounded like Apaya. Never heard of him tbh. Anyone know anything?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvin_Appiah

;)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 am

Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:34 am

I could easily see a championship club coming in with 1 mil for CJ, have a look around football and the money involved, nothing surprises me anymore!
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:23 pm

I'm not sure £1mil is a realistic fee at this stage

As a comparison Nathan Thomas went to Sheffield United for an estimated £350,000 on a three year contract when Hartlepool got relegated. The fee was officially undisclosed but that was the rumour.

He had a very good season prior to that move and nearly kept the pool up singlehanded.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I don't think he is worth a million yet, but he has the potential to be if he continues to develop as quickly as he has this season. The things he doesn't have you can teach, what he does have, you can't. A left sided player with the ability to go past a man with ease and with blinding pace is sure to attract attention.

I’m not disputing the potential. He’s clearly got that in spades. I just gave them seen anything in the games I’ve watched this season to justify the hype.

And yes, I do know he’s just put us in the lead against County :)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:51 pm

If he carries on like this we’re going to need a replacement sooner or later. The irony is that Thomas would probably be ideal.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Bolton players looking to strike for all sorts of financial issues - Christian Doidge? Proven scorer at our level and Bolton desperate for cash whilst players desperate just to get paid....
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Marky Mark wrote:If he carries on like this we’re going to need a replacement sooner or later. The irony is that Thomas would probably be ideal.

No thank you, he may have skill but he doesn't have the heart and temperament of CJ.

Several times he lost the ball today and his head dropped and he put little effort in trying to get back into position.

Besides he got homesick the last time he played for us :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:Bolton players looking to strike for all sorts of financial issues - Christian Doidge? Proven scorer at our level and Bolton desperate for cash whilst players desperate just to get paid....

He’s only on loan.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Marky Mark wrote:If he carries on like this we’re going to need a replacement sooner or later. The irony is that Thomas would probably be ideal.

The fact he was Notts best player on the day shows how bad they are. NT has loads of ability just no desire. On numerous occasions today he looked for the foul or blatantly dived.

He’s a million miles from being in the same bracket as CJ both as a player and individual.

He’s definitely not someone Flitcroft would work with either
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby nick_stags » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Thomas is crap. And we don’t play with wingers.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:22 pm

nick_stags wrote:

Thomas is crap. And we don’t play with wingers.

Spoke to a county fan today who said Thomas is the worst player at the club and he meant it. At the Stags he was a luxury player who offered little going forward and nothing going back. CJ literally is a million miles ahead of that waste of space.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 am

I'd imagine CJ's value increased a couple of quid yesterday :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:56 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:Bolton players looking to strike for all sorts of financial issues - Christian Doidge? Proven scorer at our level and Bolton desperate for cash whilst players desperate just to get paid....

He’s only on loan.

It was a loan with a view to making it permanent. £1m was the figure quoted. Makes you wonder if FGR made them pay so much of it up front or not, or if Bolton have had their pants down to get a good striker in for the year without paying a penny for him.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:48 am

Hamilton. A young player that is improving all the time, has pace to burn which is something you can’t add to a players attributes (they have it or don’t!). Can play a number of positions and starting to add goals now he’s been moved up the pitch. Is he worth £1m to another team? Probably not at the moment but we should be quoting these large figures to stop teams like Peterborough etc. making silly bids and trying get to turn his head, especially as he’s contracted for a while. My message to him would be that he’s getting regular game time and improving here, stay here and keep that up and he’ll play at a higher level and earn more than if he moves straight away. Plus he gets the chance to become a club legend if he takes the club with him.

Appiah. I’ve seen him play for England youth team and he looked a very good player, whether he fits into the current system would be my question but he’s got skills and could be a good addition on loan.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum