{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Transfers Thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Additions

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Need to sit down with CJ and extend his contract now before the January window otherwise there will be pitiful bids coming in from higher divisions that may unsettle him.
Get on the case please Carolyn
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:02 pm

John won't settle for pitiful bids on CJ. The lad is beginning to become a proper player now thanks to DF's guidance. Can play, winger, wing back and out and out striker. He's making me eat humble pie now he's producing end product. I think his potential is frightening and should without a doubt be our first £1,000,000 player when he's sold. Added to that I feel if we play our cards right with the sell on clause he could make well over double that.

I think Marty will need a couple of bob in commission also ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Heres a thought ,what if we utilise our (special relationship ) with forest ,and ask them to loan us jason cummings ,who looks like hes returning to them from posh ,probably had enough of evans ,just a thought
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm

spanishstag wrote:Heres a thought ,what if we utilise our (special relationship ) with forest ,and ask them to loan us jason cummings ,who looks like hes returning to them from posh ,probably had enough of evans ,just a thought

I think he's too good for league two
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:39 am

Bristol city letting Mohamed Eisa go out on loan and FGR forum reckon he is going there .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:24 am

Would be a sensible move for Mo. Played for Cheltenham before and then got the move to Bristol. Seems he's struggled to make an impact stepping up and a loan to FGR a couple of miles up the road means he won't have to uproot.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Heres a thought ,what if we utilise our (special relationship ) with forest ,and ask them to loan us jason cummings ,who looks like hes returning to them from posh ,probably had enough of evans ,just a thought

Yes so do i ,but if you dont ask you dont get ,stranger things as they say
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:10 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Said he was to good for league one, and hasn't been doing that well recently
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:30 am

Bit of a wrong un ain't he ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:47 am

Tune of the YAYA Toure song

CJ CJ CJ CJ HAMILTON CJ CJ CJ CJ HAMILTON!!

Just a thought, we won't need to sell him to a league one club, he'll be playing there with us!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Tune of the YAYA Toure song

CJ CJ CJ CJ HAMILTON CJ CJ CJ CJ HAMILTON!!

Just a thought, we won't need to sell him to a league one club, he'll be playing there with us!

Nah he's on fire!! :D

Hope your right about league 1 though!
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:40 pm

We look every part a L1 outfit at the moment but we know that 3 of our first 11 are loanees. Therefore we need to build for L1 in the knowledge that the players on loan may not be here next season.

This is.why I hate loans, especially when.your team is based on them. Look at Notts County this season and last. Without their loans they're a sinking ship. Which we might be without Walker, Elsnik and Sweeney.

I think that walker's days at forest are up, so possibly could pull off that signing. Sweeney looking good but don't know his relationship with Stoke, same with Elsnik and Derby. I'd certainly want to keep them all.

All we need in Jan is a striker, but not another loanee.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:51 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:We look every part a L1 outfit at the moment but we know that 3 of our first 11 are loanees. Therefore we need to build for L1 in the knowledge that the players on loan may not be here next season.

This is.why I hate loans, especially when.your team is based on them. Look at Notts County this season and last. Without their loans they're a sinking ship. Which we might be without Walker, Elsnik and Sweeney.

I think that walker's days at forest are up, so possibly could pull off that signing. Sweeney looking good but don't know his relationship with Stoke, same with Elsnik and Derby. I'd certainly want to keep them all.

Might get to keep all 3 giving them competition in league one next season if parent clubs want to give them that challenge
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:21 pm

I heard Elsnik contract was up in the summer? Hes worth signing, will only get better under DF too.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 pm

We should be trying to secure all three. They're all good enough for League 1
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:We look every part a L1 outfit at the moment but we know that 3 of our first 11 are loanees. Therefore we need to build for L1 in the knowledge that the players on loan may not be here next season.

Might get to keep all 3 giving them competition in league one next season if parent clubs want to give them that challenge

Exactly this.

Take Ben Whiteman for example went to Doncaster season after us (after promotion to league 1) and then they signed him.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Surely not another Hoban. If he is top scorer in Irish League then other strikers are not up to much.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:58 pm

I Know Derby are actively trying to sell some young players.... Few already gone like Charles Vernam and Jamie Hanson who everyone had high hopes for. Making way for the current crop who astonishingly sit top of premier league two.

Not sure where Elsnik fits into the picture. Jayden Bogle has been given a chance and he's now a first team regular at the age of 18.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:43 pm

lifestags wrote:I heard Elsnik contract was up in the summer? Hes worth signing, will only get better under DF too.

To answer my own question, just googled it and his contract IS up on the summer, we have him until then so you would think we are in a good place to sign him.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:38 am

Anybody heard any more on the Mo Eisa loan interest?
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:52 am

Just rumours more than anything. Last I heard Forest Green, Lincoln and Mansfield were interested.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:52 pm

CJ being scouted by Birmingham
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:42 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:CJ being scouted by Birmingham

Lets hope it's for more than just a Fire Safety Badge then! ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:CJ being scouted by Birmingham

I would imagine many more clubs are too.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum