{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clownty Scorefred sponsored by Cum On Feel The Noize

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clownty Scorefred sponsored by Cum On Feel The Noize

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:55 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:18 pm

Bradders wrote:Didn't think we were "poor " first half but Notts came out with a game plan and it worked for a while. After half an hour they started to crack, and then second half we stepped up a gear. Notts then showed exactly why they're in that predicament as we gradually pulled them to pieces. It was almost too easy at the end.

I think the issue was that they were trying to nullify our passing from the back and we ended up with Matty Preston and Ryan Sweeney sinking or holding balls to 2 small strikers who didn't win a thing in the air.
We stepped up when we started adding width
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:50 pm

The One wrote:
Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Just got back from the game, I would really worry if I was a County fan. This team is conference at best. Our poor finishing has let them off the hook. Their players look devoid of all energy and basic skills. New manager has got a real job at County. We did enough but again needed the luck to move the score on. My MOM would be Olejnik he was a class act today and his dead ball delivery was premiership. If County had scored who knows, they had the chances. A great derby, a great result, Bish went off injured with a shoulder problem hope he is not out the next game.We'll done David F

Thought he had a mare today

You must be Conrad's dad or agent. :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Our best passages of play involved white and Hamilton Dow that right hand side.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:54 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:55 pm

I thought it was hilarious when the corner section of the QL stand applauded and cheered the assistant referee when he managed to get a decision correct.

His mind didn't seem to be on the game and he made some horrendous decisions.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I thought it was hilarious when the corner section of the QL stand applauded and cheered the assistant referee when he managed to get a decision correct.

In the first half I'm sure turley tried to play a ball down the wing and it went out of play, no Mansfield player near him but county got the throw in? not sure what that was all about.

I also thought Hayden white won a corner with his shot, or did it hit the post? looked like a save to me!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:10 pm

The ref and linesman were absolutely terrible today. Some laughable decisions at times.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:11 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::D

Sky sports video

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... tts-county

Thanks Stags For Life ..... Your links are always very much appreciated!
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:12 pm

:lol: Just waiting to see the young mans Clownty vlog see if he as pressed the destruct button :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:21 pm

:D Enjoy , just going to watch myself so none the wiser what is going to happen :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:24 pm

It was an easy afternoon. Well done all stags fans. We were great.

What happened at 75 odd mins in the away end in the gangway nearest the west stand? Coppers were there for ages.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby JAMES9002 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:It was an easy afternoon. Well done all stags fans. We were great.

What happened at 75 odd mins in the away end in the gangway nearest the west stand? Coppers were there for ages.

Just some pushing and shoving nothing major

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ield-town/
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:33 pm

JAMES9002 wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:It was an easy afternoon. Well done all stags fans. We were great.

Great journalism from the Sun, poor David yet again living in brother Garry's shadow. :roll:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:43 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I thought it was hilarious when the corner section of the QL stand applauded and cheered the assistant referee when he managed to get a decision correct.

In the first half I'm sure turley tried to play a ball down the wing and it went out of play, no Mansfield player near him but county got the throw in? not sure what that was all about.

I also thought Hayden white won a corner with his shot, or did it hit the post? looked like a save to me!

Keeper got a hand to it, should have been a corner.

There was the one 2nd half that bounced in the technical area & he didn't give a throw.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:04 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::D Enjoy , just going to watch myself so none the wiser what is going to happen :lol:

My personal favourite was "Mansfield are walking throughy us like cheese"

He thought that the referee was poor against them. My view is that he and the IG stand linesman were both poor for both sides
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:05 pm

For twenty minutes today it was a local derby but the gulf in ability showed.

Did County have chances? Yes. But did we give them the chances? Yes. We were the better side and at the end it was a canter. They have a lot to put right and Ardley has a lot to do in the next few months if they are to stay up.

As at team we played well. All played well and played their part though only some more than others. Some players have a higher profile role than others (ie Pearce will always have a higher profile than Preston, Bishop than Elsnik etc) but all played well.

We played well as a team, with all playing their part including that of the substitutes. Well done all, there was a gulf in ability and class but the way the side played today made me proud to cheer them all on.

PS sign Elsnik, Sweeney and Walker on full time contracts as soon as possible.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Come on Old Ram Stag? What is your view today or does your silence speak volumes?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:19 pm

JAMES9002 wrote:

They've just started a thread on their board about our policing and stewards, yes we know they're poor but isn't there a common theme when they visit that they are the trouble causers?
In fact they fight among themselves at home games, they should look a bit closer to home, morons
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 pm

They love giving it the big one.

No toilets were harmed in the making of this film
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:39 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:For twenty minutes today it was a local derby but the gulf in ability showed.

Did County have chances? Yes. But did we give them the chances? Yes. We were the better side and at the end it was a canter. They have a lot to put right and Ardley has a lot to do in the next few months if they are to stay up.

As at team we played well. All played well and played their part though only some more than others. Some players have a higher profile role than others (ie Pearce will always have a higher profile than Preston, Bishop than Elsnik etc) but all played well.

We played well as a team, with all playing their part including that of the substitutes. Well done all, there was a gulf in ability and class but the way the side played today made me proud to cheer them all on.

PS sign Elsnik, Sweeney and Walker on full time contracts as soon as possible.

If we go up apparently we’re going to put a package together for Walker to keep him. Also we are after a young Forest starlet on loan. Think I caught a name that sounded like Apaya, but not sure. Personally I thought Walker lead the forward line brilliantly today with lots of clever runs between him and CJ. EDIT. Just seen another thread where someone has answered the Appiah one!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
JAMES9002 wrote:

They've just started a thread on their board about our policing and stewards, yes we know they're poor but isn't there a common theme when they visit that they are the trouble causers?
In fact they fight among themselves at home games, they should look a bit closer to home, morons

Anyone who wears a burberry style scarf at a football match deserves arresting IMO. Regardless of if they done anything wrong. If anything is a clear indicator of a stunningly obvious lack of IQ it is one of those on a person.

If you don't give police and stewards a cause to bother you then they won't.

The only saving grace for them now is the fact that Sol Campbell has the Macc gig. There is now only one relegation place to avoid.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Vice President » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Iliketrains wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
JAMES9002 wrote:

Anyone who wears a burberry style scarf at a football match deserves arresting IMO. Regardless of if they done anything wrong. If anything is a clear indicator of a stunningly obvious lack of IQ it is one of those on a person.

The only saving grace for them now is the fact that Sol Campbell has the Macc gig. There is now only one relegation place to avoid.

:o :shock: Really? :roll:
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:59 pm

bellwhiff wrote:They love giving it the big one.

No toilets were harmed in the making of this film

I thought they were just trying to leave, and the stewards were forcing them to watch to the end. No wonder they got desperate!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Vice President wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
JAMES9002 wrote:

:o :shock: Really? :roll:

:lol: It was a bit tongue in cheek tbh but it's not a good look is it? :shock:
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum