{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury Scorefred sponsored BY Its Derby Day

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by 4 Days To Derby

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Sorry but that’s a shambles of a performance. Preston, White, Mellis, Rose, Kahn, Walker, Benning will struggle to have worse games in a yellow shirt. That’s the only positive

If he wants to keep the wing back formation yet still shoehorn Hamilton into the side he may as well play him as one of the front two, as Rose and Davies are a waste of space
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm

This is the thing, Bury played their 2nd string but they include some good players. All trying to force their way into the 1st team there. I noticed every time they had the ball they had options, players with both arms in the air clearly screaming for the ball. We didn't have that.

We took one touch too many at times and took too long to come to a decision on where we were going to play the ball. We cannot take our time like that against a side full of players hungry for a first team shirt.

It's no surprise to me that the 2 players to come out with any credit is Hamilton, who is in the best form of his career. and logan, who lost the starting berth to Olejnik months ago.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:05 pm

They did not look at the races all night, let’s write this one off. Only CJ impressed me.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:16 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:Sorry but that’s a shambles of a performance. Preston, White, Mellis, Rose, Kahn, Walker, Benning will struggle to have worse games in a yellow shirt. That’s the only positive

If he wants to keep the wing back formation yet still shoehorn Hamilton into the side he may as well play him as one of the front two, as Rose and Davies are a waste of space

We have to get Hamilton’s positioning right on Saturday, he’s the key.

Davies is a concern for me, hasn’t offered anything really since he joined, the odd moment yes but not enough in the grand scheme of things. Need one in off any strikers backside to get them going again.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:16 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

We have to get Hamilton’s positioning right on Saturday, he’s the key.

Davies is a concern for me, hasn’t offered anything really since he joined, the odd moment yes but not enough in the grand scheme of things, doesn’t look particularly fit either. Need one in off any strikers backside to get them going again.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Disappointed, but if we are going to put in such a performance I'd rather it be in this competition.

I hope we've got it out of our system before Saturday's game.

It seemed lack lustre, let's hope the "bug" is not still in the camp.

Only the league to play for now.

COYS.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:21 pm

Bury were better all over the pitch than us.Every time one of their players had the ball they moved it quicker and had options.We were taking too much time and got caught in possession.Davies is poor so we need a player up front who can hold the ball up and score some goals.Bury MK dons and Bury will surely finish above us.It looks like the playoffs at best.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Meanwhile......over at Port Vale.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/st ... ed-2292589

"Superintendent Ricky Fields added: "This was the biggest policing operation for a football match in Stoke-on-Trent for more than 10 years." :shock:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:26 pm

geoffhill wrote:Bury were better all over the pitch than us.Every time one of their players had the ball they moved it quicker and had options.We were taking too much time and got caught in possession.Davies is poor so we need a player up front who can hold the ball up and score some goals.Bury MK dons and Bury will surely finish above us.It looks like the playoffs at best.

Classic Stagsnet
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Disappointed, but if we are going to put in such a performance I'd rather it be in this competition.

I hope we've got it out of our system before Saturday's game.

It seemed lack lustre, let's hope the "bug" is not still in the camp.

Only the league to play for now.

COYS.

This
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 pm

I struggled to get to the ground in time, and arrived just before 7.35. That meant missing kickoff as it took ten minutes to buy a ticket due to the last minute throng.

It would have done me a favour to have been seriously late though as the first half was only for the Bury fans. Second half was a bit better; although we still looked lethargic, at least Hamilton gave some hope and was a little unlucky not to score. The pedantic ref didn't help.

I'm not sure whether this was terrible preparation for Saturday, in that it burst the team's bubble of confidence. Or great preparation, in that it will make them realise that they won't win just by turning up.

In any event, they've proved that they aren't a good Cup side. Let's hope that we won't need the playoffs to get promotion as I don't think they'll be able to raise their game.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Bury were better all over the pitch than us.Every time one of their players had the ball they moved it quicker and had options.We were taking too much time and got caught in possession.Davies is poor so we need a player up front who can hold the ball up and score some goals.Bury MK dons and Bury will surely finish above us.It looks like the playoffs at best.

Classic Stagsnet

Agreed RC. Not only that, geoffhill was so impressed by Bury that he reckons they are gonna win TWO automatic promotion slots.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 pm

It's a classic case of Bury wanted it more. Their 2nd string wanting to impress and did. We dust ourselves down and get the 3 points on Saturday.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 pm

The best sides I have seen in League 2 this season are Bury and Franchise FC. We could end up competing with Lincoln City for that 3rd automatic promotion place.

We need to be beating County on Saturday before a couple of tricky away trips to FGR and Stevenage. We then have Bury at home on Boxing Day. These could all be six pointers.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:00 pm

Only watched online but we looked rusty and I think Bury hit us hard from the start and displaced us.

Bury played good, sharp, attacking football and looked like we do on a good day.

Not overly worried, teams have raspberries days. Our passes need work, as well as getting options for players.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:44 am

The long break was needed as they had been on a busy schedule but sometimes after a rest like we had the momentum and drive are lost a bit and that was evident first half

Sat will need to be different energy and play and I think a few midweek games are good drivers for form and commitment.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:10 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Bury Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by 3 Days To Derby

Postby geoffhill » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:44 am

Sorry meant to put Lincoln as one of the three teams who will go up automatically.I hope to be proved wrong though.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:00 am

Bury are clearly a very good side but I reckon that was the worst we have played this season. We were better in the 2nd half when CJ came on, but other than him I am struggling to think of anyone else who had a good game. Before the game I thought DF had his team selection wrong, I would have stuck in a few more fringe players - however, having seen how off the pace they were, I think it might have been the game they all needed to get them back on track after the break.

At least we were better 2nd half and at least had a few more decent attempts on goal. ifollow and Martin and Dean were once again excellent :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:25 am

Only other comment was that it was in essence a full strength and rested team so sad to lose but the old old well trodden adage of the league being more important is very much the case for Stags this season.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:32 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

Can't argue with that honest appraisal. He didn't express an opinion on why the team played so muted; perhaps he just doesn't know. Managers can only do so much. Once the match has kicked off they can't do much more than stand and watch, and we're not the first team to be well prepared for a game and then fail to get out of first gear.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:34 am

Bury were quick to get the ball to their midfield while we used Preston and Sweeney as our out players. Both good defenders but not great at distribution. Their 4 4 2 meant our wing backs were covering their wingers with little opportunity for them to get forward in the first half.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby BELSE » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:29 am

3 shoots on target all night all from Bishop that says it all no strikes
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 am

BELSE wrote:3 shoots on target all night all from Bishop that says it all no strikes

We didnt put one good ball in the box for them to get on the end of. A lot of the time our strikers have to come deep up the pitch to get the ball, which is why our strikers don't score many. Hamilton is that quick our strikers cannot get into the box when he delivers lol
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum