{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Creepy Scorefred sponsored by One Step Beyond

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Creepy Scorefred sponsored by One Step Beyond

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:29 pm

Whole stadium singing “Palmer, Palmer whats the score” at the end of the game was a personal highlight from tonight.

Got to be one of my most disliked players. Doesn’t help himself with his falling over and constant moaning.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Jamie wrote:You must watch a differnet game to me Rob. We bsrslg strung two passes together all night. Tippy tappy my arse.

Big get out jail free tonight. We had a couple of good chances but that's the worst I've seen us play for a couple of months.

Saturday was worse than that

As was the Swindon game.

Sweeney has started to look a little suspect however hopefully gets back to his old ways as had been very solid pre-Christmas.

White was frustrating this evening numerous times having the ball but failing to play it earlier enough, CJ unusually didn't look at the races this evening and runs where off until later in the game.

Think the two defeats had rocked confidence and as the game went on the pressure built at times you could hear a pin drop, so even we felt it sat in the stands.

Overall a vital 3pts and hopefully a huge confidence booster for Saturday away at Colchester.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 pm

A side note, Paul Warne and Grant McCann were both at tonight’s game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Interesting game. Scrappy and we resorted to hoofing it a few times.

Ajose looked sharp and I think he will be a great striker for us, should’ve scored. His link up play with grant was good (a few miss timed passes)

Hamilton was out of position which was obvious. Rose was poor when he came on.

Happy with the result, the game was poor and scrappy but I’m not fussed.

Sweeney should be dropped for Preston.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:35 pm

On a side note, well done Rose for using your head and keeping the ball in the corners. Very professionally closed out finish to the game. Grant is class!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:40 pm

DF confirmed that Walker is staying till end of season
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:Interesting game. Scrappy and we resorted to hoofing it a few times.

Ajose looked sharp and I think he will be a great striker for us, should’ve scored. His link up play with grant was good (a few miss timed passes)

Hamilton was out of position which was obvious. Rose was poor when he came on.

Happy with the result, the game was poor and scrappy but I’m not fussed.

Sweeney should be dropped for Preston.

Disagree purely because I don’t think White should be at CB or CJ at right wing back as we don’t get the best out of any of them and I don’t think either of them particularly enjoy that role, though I understand that tonight they had to do what they had to do with Preston’s suspension.

Don’t know who comes out though, possibly Benning with CJ switching to the left?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:09 pm

No way Mal should be dropped.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Jamie wrote:You must watch a differnet game to me Rob. We hardly strung two passes together all night. Tippy tappy my arse.

Big get out jail free tonight. We had a couple of good chances but that's the worst I've seen us play for a couple of months.

Happily I see quite a lot of things differently to you Jamie :lol:

We deserved to win, Smith made one save, we missed loads of chances again. As I said it was disjointed at times but better than Sat. Top tip, face the pitch.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:13 pm

Must say when the attendance was read out it sent a shiver down my spine, bringing back memories of the BSP.

'With an away following of 24....'
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:16 pm

I think it’s going to take us a while to work out how to balance the formation and personnel, it looked like went went to more of a 442 at the end with Grant and CJ in the wings allowing White to push forward on the right. It felt a bit more balanced but it could have just been that we had a couple of new players and White/CJ out of position making us a bit out of sorts?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 pm

Teams have well and truly sussed us out. High press and we find it almost impossible to play our game. That was an incredibly frustrating night. Grant looked good in spells, but he was annoying me in the 2nd half by taking an extra touch of the ball. You can see he is a clever player, when we are purring with the ball he will be sublime, but at times I just wanted him to get the ball in the box. Some poor set pieces too. If I had to rate him out of 10 he would be 6.5 tonight, looking forward to seeing the best of him, I'm fully aware he needs more game time, just my observations.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:21 am

Spiritater wrote:No way Mal should be dropped.

+1 :mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lancer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:57 am

Thats a problem we have
If we play 3 at the back you cant play both Mal and CJ on the left, so you end up moving cj on to the right which is not his natural position as has been shown over the last few games, we looked unbalanced last night.
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 am

The three points hide a few issues for me.

Stray passes are a problem throughout the team, better finishing by the opposition would have punished the mistakes. A certain left footed defender has not been at his best lately and needs a rest imo

Crawley corners were far more dangerous than ours as they were more aggressive than us to win the ball. When we had a corner Crawley had three players on the half way line which confused us totally.Not seen that before in L2. Crawley were unlucky hitting the post from a header on 12mins and we were stunned and no where near the ball. Palmer nearly stole the points just before we scored and didn't.

Our Danny looks totally off the boil but his game management at the end was awesome.

Crawley are a strong, aggressive side who work hard. I think they were worth a point. Two more bookings for key players may cost us later. Three points is three points however and we move on to Colchester. Plenty for Mr Flitcroft to think about.
Last edited by Berryhillstagno1 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby nobby +1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:59 am

better than saturday by far but what made it for me was singing and getting behind team from Quarry lane end
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 am

I thought Crawley were the dirtiest side I've seen at Stags since the BSP days. In the first 20 minutes they left a foot in at every challenge. Nasty niggly team.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:36 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:On a side note, well done Rose for using your head and keeping the ball in the corners. Very professionally closed out finish to the game. Grant is class!!!

This :)
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:48 am

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:The three points hide a few issues for me.

Stray passes are a problem throughout the team, better finishing by the opposition would have punished the mistakes. A certain left footed defender has not been at his best lately and needs a rest imo

Crawley corners were far more dangerous than ours as they were more aggressive than us to win the ball. When we had a corner Crawley had three players on the half way line which confused us totally.Not seen that before in L2. Crawley were unlucky hitting the post from a header on 12mins and we were stunned and no where near the ball. Palmer nearly stole the points just before we scored and didn't.

Our Danny looks totally off the boil but his game management at the end was awesome.

Crawley are a strong, aggressive side who work hard. I think they were worth a point. Two more bookings for key players may cost us later. Three points is three points however and we move on to Colchester. Plenty for Mr Flitcroft to think about.

Pretty much agree with all of that. Their set up at corners bamboozled us. It relies on the keeper being in control of his 6 yard box and being quick to move the ball into the opposition half. They were spread out too so if the defender c ocked up they were in on their own bearing down on goal.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:49 am

West Ham 1969 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:On a side note, well done Rose for using your head and keeping the ball in the corners. Very professionally closed out finish to the game. Grant is class!!!

This :)

And on another side note, I really hope Crawley get relegated. Pathetic away support and team tactics!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:51 am

All that mattered was the result last night but we need to think of something new because the term ‘found out’ is being rightly chucked about since Swindon.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:58 am

Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:You must watch a differnet game to me Rob. We hardly strung two passes together all night. Tippy tappy my arse.

Happily I see quite a lot of things differently to you Jamie :lol:

We deserved to win, Smith made one save, we missed loads of chances again. As I said it was disjointed at times but better than Sat. Top tip, face the pitch.

Have to agree. Yes we looked a bit disjointed at times, but that comes with new signings in key places. The effort was there though , and Grant looks like he holds the key to that incisive pass.
The referee didn't help , I'm trying to think of when he allowed play to go on, constantly blowing up for every foul.
But we won against a side that did their homework, clattered our playmakers and we should expect a lot more of that.
As for Crawley, a non league club in everything but status, tactically, support , foul play.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:05 am

Spiritater wrote:Must say when the attendance was read out it sent a shiver down my spine, bringing back memories of the BSP.

'With an away following of 24....'

How many of those were Ollie Palmer’s friends and family on complimentaries?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:08 am

People going on about all the teams are sussing us out ? What a load of rubbish . Every away team would of sent someone out to watch us beforehand so why has it taken over half a season for them to click on ?
I've seen people say it started against Bury . Bury were flying high . On form and we all expected a tough game . It wasn't pretty to watch but we won . The draw against Swindon was one of the most exciting 0.0 I have seen . We beat Grimsby away . Always a tough game and another team who was on form . For Grimsby fans to say we were very good and will go up automatically, well there i's no better compliment .
Carlisle away was always going to be tough . We was beaten by the better team and we didn't help ourselves be getting a man sent off but we still played with fight and character .
Yeovil was the worse we have played at home . Maybe the defeat at Carlisle affected them ? Maybe tiredness set it ? We have more or less plated the same starting 11 over the Christmas period .
I know this will come to a shock to some but believe it or not , teams lose . Players go missing . Yeovil didn't suss us out . We were poor and that was down to the majority of the team having a bad game .
Every week throughout the leagues , there are shock results . If it was that easy predicting results , we would all be rich .
Last night was untidy , disjointed and far from our best but we had two new players coming into the team . Preston missing and players playing out of position . That's why we wasn't as effective as usually . Not because they sussed us out .
Do some on here follow these teams we play ? How do we know they changed tactics to play us . They could play like that week in week out . Crawley were better than Yeovil but we won . Why can't we give the team credit for that . That game could of easily finished 3.1
I was thinking of going to Colchester but since we have been sussed out I'm not sure I will bother .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:13 am

Spiritater wrote:
Berryhillstagno1 wrote:The three points hide a few issues for me.

Pretty much agree with all of that. Their set up at corners bamboozled us. It relies on the keeper being in control of his 6 yard box and being quick to move the ball into the opposition half. They were spread out too so if the defender c ocked up they were in on their own bearing down on goal.

agree with both above

why we didn’t leave a man up was bonkers, even when it was obvious we had too, it was only CJ on his own, their three left up top caused us panic at our own set pieces twas a very cleaver tactic, Creepys deliveries into the box from dead balls caused us problems all night, it’s just a good job they had Bambi up front!

anyway three points is three points
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum