{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Train to Lincoln

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Train to Lincoln

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:00 am

Anyone getting on at Newark? They don't seem to be affected, I think I'm right in saying?
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Train to Lincoln

Postby Lick » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:12 am

https://www.thetrainline.com/train-time ... -2018/0810

Nothing on this web site saying delays etc
Lick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:22 am

Lick wrote:https://www.thetrainline.com/train-times/newark-castle-to-lincoln-central/24-nov-2018/0810

Nothing on this web site saying delays etc

I think it's just the Worksop line. 8.42 Newark Castle seems a good one
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby w12stag » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:39 am

Just checked Northern Rail website.Their"Arriva Northern Rail Baseline Contingency Plan:Sat 24 November.Version 1 dated 21/11/18. "Phew,what a mouthful!
The Sheffield to Lincoln train is replaced by buses.Plan B required.
w12stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:45 am

Mansfield/Mansfield Woodhouse to Lincoln via Nottingham £14:10 return.

Mansfield to Newark bus £6:50 return, Newark to Lincoln train £6:20 return.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Big yella wrote:Mansfield/Mansfield Woodhouse to Lincoln via Nottingham £14:10 return.

Mansfield to Newark bus £6:50 return, Newark to Lincoln train £6:20 return.

Excuse me, it’s £14:10 return from Kirkby Hardwick too!!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:37 pm

if you are coming by train Good luck trying to get a beer in the town centre !!!!!!!
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:42 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:if you are coming by train Good luck trying to get a beer in the town centre !!!!!!!

I will be headed into Town after for a pint. So thank you for wishing me good luck.

Jolly sporting of you!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Ive heard rumours that the plod are putting coaches on and sweeping the train at a stop before lincoln and taking everyone to a specific pub to stop fans getting into town
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:56 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Ive heard rumours that the plod are putting coaches on and sweeping the train at a stop before lincoln and taking everyone to a specific pub to stop fans getting into town

Football fans being treated like criminals without seeing if they can actually behave or not.

There are 3 of us going to the match. Going on the train, fancy a beer before, go to the game, have a few beers after and get the last train home. What is so wrong with that?!
James
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:01 pm

James wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Ive heard rumours that the plod are putting coaches on and sweeping the train at a stop before lincoln and taking everyone to a specific pub to stop fans getting into town

Football fans being treated like criminals without seeing if they can actually behave or not.

There are 3 of us going to the match. Going on the train, fancy a beer before, go to the game, have a few beers after and get the last train home. What is so wrong with that?!

my thoughts exactly. What they dont want to crowds and crowds. especially if they have crowds and crowds
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:13 pm

James wrote:

What's so wrong with that, is that you're a Mansfield Town supporter, therefore you will have a tendency to start hitting people & throwing street furniture through windows.

If the Police are reading, I'm looking forward to going for a pre-match drink also, & will probably congregate on the Brayford Pool Waterside if you'd like to come & make sure i'm behaving.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Would be ridiculous if so. Also these type of things always end up with fans not getting in the ground on time. In fact, didn’t the Westfield buses get stopped when we played Lincoln away in the FA Cup (3-3)? Seem to remember no end turning up 15/20 mins in to match because of a similar situation.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:42 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Would be ridiculous if so. Also these type of things always end up with fans not getting in the ground on time. In fact, didn’t the Westfield buses get stopped when we played Lincoln away in the FA Cup (3-3)? Seem to remember no end turning up 15/20 mins in to match because of a similar situation.

even later than that after the queues to get in. it is because of that little stunt i have refused to coach it again to Lincoln. It was absolutely farcical.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:26 pm

and what can they do if we all claim we're not even there for a football match? last 3 times i've gone lincoln on train there's a police presence at station but they genuinely didn't care where you went. last year we were all well behaved at quayside spoons so don't see why they wouldn't let us crack on with that again
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:28 am

Our coach is stopping in a certain town outside of Lincoln. Avoid the hassle and have a pub to ourselves, sorted.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:41 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:if you are coming by train Good luck trying to get a beer in the town centre !!!!!!!

I will be headed into Town after for a pint. So thank you for wishing me good luck.

Jolly sporting of you!

i’m going this afternoon, i’ll save you a seat
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:48 am

Just had to the Square Sail Spoons where we went last year, no issues whatsoever.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby joey bananas » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:00 am

Just head down to the Golden Cross pub on the corner of high street / queen street.
A stone's throw from the ground (well a Geoff Capes stone throw) , good selection of beers and the 100 or so old Lincoln boys made me and about half a dozen other stags that were dotted around feel very welcome ......(actually they did :-]
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:32 am

I'm going to The Ritz wetherspoons on the High Street. Plenty of Stags in there last year.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby RickyJ » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:37 am

ParisStag wrote:I'm going to The Ritz wetherspoons on the High Street. Plenty of Stags in there last year.

Got turned away from there last year after showing my ID and made to go to the Square Sail.
Sarifo, Sarifo, Sarifo!!!
RickyJ
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:58 am

RickyJ wrote:
ParisStag wrote:I'm going to The Ritz wetherspoons on the High Street. Plenty of Stags in there last year.

Got turned away from there last year after showing my ID and made to go to the Square Sail.

Really? There were loads of us in there. I got there before there were any bouncers to be fair.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:23 am

We're on it! Ram-packed train from Nottingham. WE'RE ON OUR WAAAAAY!!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:27 am

RickyJ wrote:

In the Ritz now. No problems whatsoever
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby joey bananas » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:28 am

ParisStag wrote:
RickyJ wrote:

In the Ritz now. No problems whatsoever

Let's hope it stays that way
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum