{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Gimps Scorefred sponsored by Full Focus On The League

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Gimps Scorefred sponsored by Full Focus On The League

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:12 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Can we all agree that we want Flitcroft in now though?

Good luck with that :lol:

Even if you get consensus, someone will want someone out! I mean you now have Belly who is telling everyone how he doesn't rate CJ based on three games, when most of us know he is having a terrific season and is starting to fulfill the potential we know he has. I think if we were top by 10 points you'd still get folk having a go at CJ, Rose, Walker etc, etc. It's all a bit sad.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:22 pm

Just got in after a great day.

What a way to draw a game. A draw was more than fair and was probably a 0-0. Thought we were comfortable with their threat for 95% of the game and never felt troubled... but then again I never felt as though we were going to score.

Fair play to the team carrying on and getting the goal, what a finish by Mellis!!! Can’t stand Lincoln, the fans, the manager, everything. Chuffed to get an equaliser and results went our way. We wasn’t at full flow but a great point and on to Tuesday.

Edit.

Just heard Flitcrofts comments R.E. Sweeneys tonsillitis and sickness at half time, and also CJ’s tonsillitis. Great effort to get a well deserved point.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:30 pm

Nice to see you living up to your name bellraspberry
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Number63 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:09 pm

Very well done to the team today.

A cracking fighting spirit performance against good opposition.

Fantastic following.

I'm not convinced that the pass back technique to the keeper has been completely nailed.

A couple of times today we created problems for ourselves that could have been avoided.

It's tight in the league and a simple error could cost us cheap goals and points.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Did Green and Rhead acknowledge the away fans at all? Just listened to Flitcroft say that they are top players at this level... Well...!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 pm

A great reception for both from the Stags fans but particularly for Matt Green. They were chanting "Greeny" louder than the Lincoln fans. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Do you think we could swop Rhead and Green for Davies and Rose in January
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:20 am

I think Matt Green will leave Lincoln in the January transfer window as he is not starting games and his contract is up at the end of the season. I'm sure there are a few League 2 clubs who might offer him decent terms for a two year contract.

I think Rheady is on a decent contract at Lincoln and Danny Cowley will probably try and keep him as a Plan B off the bench and as back up in case Akinde is injured or suspended. There may be a few National League clubs who might want to sign him on loan.

I would love to have both players on our bench along with Ollie Palmer as they are all great "Plan B's" and score goals. They all want to start though. It would be interesting to see how Matt Green would play under David Flitcroft. Steve Evans just labelled him as "a bad egg" and thought the likes of Lee Angol and Jimmy Spencer would be a better option. Matt Green always gave 100% even though his confidence was shot to pieces under Evans.

They always say though - never go back.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:28 am

Fantastic finish by Mellis under that pressure - Danny Rose did brilliant in the build up as well.

Lincoln did edge the second half but I was unimpressed with Akinde and disagree with others on this thread who want him here! Matt Rhead still does Matt Rhead things and why anyone decided to boo him is beyond me.

DF has my respect over the last few weeks, I doubted him last season and was underwhelmed at the start of this season but the performances I am watching have completely changed my mind.

We do miss White when he is out, I like Atko and his work effort but he’s not a right wing back, hopefully Hayden is back for Tuesday!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:33 am

abc wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Preston and Pearce were brilliant today. Benning, Sweeney and CJ not so good but fair play for playing through illness.

Great finish by Mellis. Good to see Otis back as well, we looked much better going forward with him on.

Khan did bugger all.

Found pockets if space, actually gave the defenders and option to play out from the back. Involved in all our best sequences bar the goal.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:47 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I think Matt Green will leave Lincoln in the January transfer window as he is not starting games and his contract is up at the end of the season. I'm sure there are a few League 2 clubs who might offer him decent terms for a two year contract.

I think Rheady is on a decent contract at Lincoln and Danny Cowley will probably try and keep him as a Plan B off the bench and as back up in case Akinde is injured or suspended. There may be a few National League clubs who might want to sign him on loan.

I would love to have both players on our bench along with Ollie Palmer as they are all great "Plan B's" and score goals. They all want to start though. It would be interesting to see how Matt Green would play under David Flitcroft. Steve Evans just labelled him as "a bad egg" and thought the likes of Lee Angol and Jimmy Spencer would be a better option. Matt Green always gave 100% even though his confidence was shot to pieces under Evans.

They always say though - never go back.

I'd have Greeny back in a heartbeat. He's still loved by the fans, as shown today.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:48 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Did Green and Rhead acknowledge the away fans at all? Just listened to Flitcroft say that they are top players at this level... Well...!

I'd imagine Green did. He did when we went there last season. Not sure why Rheady would acknowledge us though. He got booed.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:34 am

:D

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:55 am

Let's put the game into perspective.

We've had a bout of tonsillitis in the camp, sounds like nearly half the team are suffering, we have injuries. We have played 3 more games than Lincoln have in the past 2 weeks. Yet we managed to draw, away from home, against the early pace setters of the league. We are going to lose again at some point this season but it won't be without a fight.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:10 am

bigalstag wrote:Nice to see you living up to your name bellraspberry

In what way ? What bit do you disagree with ? Wait till the flush goes from your face before commenting. It appears to affect your objectivity.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:12 am

Rob wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Can we all agree that we want Flitcroft in now though?

Even if you get consensus, someone will want someone out! I mean you now have Belly who is telling everyone how he doesn't rate CJ based on three games, when most of us know he is having a terrific season and is starting to fulfill the potential we know he has. I think if we were top by 10 points you'd still get folk having a go at CJ, Rose, Walker etc, etc. It's all a bit sad.

What’s your point ? Am I not allowed to have an opinion based on what I’ve seen ? Are you in charge of Stagsnet ? I must have missed the bit where you took over moderation.
Do you think CJ has a good first touch ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:29 am

His point is you know naff all. CJ is a great asset, having a great season and has been in devastating form the last month. The fact your writing off one of our best prospects having seen him 3 times out of 20 odd games is laughable.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:41 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Did Green and Rhead acknowledge the away fans at all? Just listened to Flitcroft say that they are top players at this level... Well...!

Green got a great ovation of 'Greeny, Greeny' from us Staggies when he entered the fray late on and and at the end as folk were filing out he stayed out to warm down and another chant went up and he came across to applaud those left. The guy is a legend to us, always will be and would atm be no worse than Dan, Tyler or Craig... but probably no better and we need better.

Rheady for some strange reason was booed which I could not understand so didn't give any acknowledgement to the Stags fans. He'll always be remembered by me fondly for his part in that goal on that night without which we'd not be talking about a top of the table clash in Lge2
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

What’s your point ? Am I not allowed to have an opinion based on what I’ve seen ? Are you in charge of Stagsnet ? I must have missed the bit where you took over moderation.

You need to stop coming to games then. We need CJ at top form and he doesn't reach that with you in the crowd ;) :lol:

Seriously though, in league 2 he's not gonna be perfect. I can see what you are saying the end product has gone from being non-existent when he joined to being there is spells. Some games this season he's been unplayable and others been a passenger who can run fast. I suspect you attended the latter games.

The thing with CJ is he's all over the place positionally in a game. One minute he's in the hole next he's on the left then on the right and when Khan came on he was RWB. I still maintain that CJ is being shoehorned into the side because we don't play with wingers.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:17 am

gazza1988 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

You need to stop coming to games then. We need CJ at top form and he doesn't reach that with you in the crowd ;) :lol:

Seriously though, in league 2 he's not gonna be perfect. I can see what you are saying the end product has gone from being non-existent when he joined to being there is spells. Some games this season he's been unplayable and others been a passenger who can run fast. I suspect you attended the latter games.

The thing with CJ is he's all over the place positionally in a game. One minute he's in the hole next he's on the left then on the right and when Khan came on he was RWB. I still maintain that CJ is being shoehorned into the side because we don't play with wingers.

I can only comment on what I’ve seen and all I’ve seen is a player with no first touch.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:21 am

Just seen the Sky highlights and we evidently didn’t touch the ball till we equalised. What about the Rose chance in the first half ? Did that hit the post or was it saved ? My eyes are shot away.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:23 am

Spiritater wrote:

Green got a great ovation of 'Greeny, Greeny' from us Staggies when he entered the fray late on and and at the end as folk were filing out he stayed out to warm down and another chant went up and he came across to applaud those left. The guy is a legend to us, always will be and would atm be no worse than Dan, Tyler or Craig... but probably no better and we need better.

Rheady for some strange reason was booed which I could not understand so didn't give any acknowledgement to the Stags fans. He'll always be remembered by me fondly for his part in that goal on that night without which we'd not be talking about a top of the table clash in Lge2

Whilst I wouldn't boo either, (the Rhead booing is a mystery to me) I don't get this love-in with them, Green got top dollar on his return from Brum and was never the same, Evans didn't help of course , we're seeing his influence still on Rose.
But giving Green the big applause ? Take a look at his celebration at their goal and Rhead yesterday, tho I don't blame Rhead for that after being booed. Their celebrations weren't those of men who get misty eyed about Mansfield Town.
Both now a pair of impact subs, we have moved on, and even though we desperately need that talisman striker, these two ain't it.
Thanks for your service chaps.....and adios.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:27 am

bellwhiff wrote:Just seen the Sky highlights and we evidently didn’t touch the ball till we equalised. What about the Rose chance in the first half ? Did that hit the post or was it saved ? My eyes are shot away.

it was saved.

Coming up at midday on the club youtube channel: the goal, some great defending from the Stags (Pearce, Preston and Sweeney), while on iFollow the full match available to re-watch at midday, and my Club highlights once loaded.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:59 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Whilst I wouldn't boo either, (the Rhead booing is a mystery to me) I don't get this love-in with them, Green got top dollar on his return from Brum and was never the same, Evans didn't help of course , we're seeing his influence still on Rose.
But giving Green the big applause ? Take a look at his celebration at their goal and Rhead yesterday, tho I don't blame Rhead for that after being booed. Their celebrations weren't those of men who get misty eyed about Mansfield Town.
Both now a pair of impact subs, we have moved on, and even though we desperately need that talisman striker, these two ain't it.
Thanks for your service chaps.....and adios.

In a high tempo and passionate atmosphere I don't blame any player for celebrating a goal. We clapped Green and Green clapped us - there is mutual respect. He deserved his applause and chant for being the genuine club legend that he is. End of.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:32 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Just seen the Sky highlights and we evidently didn’t touch the ball till we equalised. What about the Rose chance in the first half ? Did that hit the post or was it saved ? My eyes are shot away.

it was saved.

Coming up at midday on the club youtube channel: the goal, some great defending from the Stags (Pearce, Preston and Sweeney), while on iFollow the full match available to re-watch at midday, and my Club highlights once loaded.

Thanks Martin. Got to say that Pearce was colossal yesterday.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum