{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Stags fan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Stags fan

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:23 am

Welcome aboard Alf there's a few tongue in cheek characters on here you may have to take with a pinch of salt.....

Reference your question regrdingna half season ticket the club do a membership card for £20 for the QLE stand an adult match ticket purchased before match day is £11 works out cheaper than a season ticket unless your over the golden age of 65
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby AlfStag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:19 am

Stoney wrote:The shirt I have Alf is an XL so probably no good for you.

You should come to an away game with the Shirebrook Stags sometime, were a friendly bunch!

That sounds a cracking idea Stoney - it would be good to get to know a few folk. I'll pm you mate.
AlfStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby AlfStag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:27 am

SINA STAG wrote:Welcome aboard Alf there's a few tongue in cheek characters on here you may have to take with a pinch of salt.....

Reference your question regrdingna half season ticket the club do a membership card for £20 for the QLE stand an adult match ticket purchased before match day is £11 works out cheaper than a season ticket unless your over the golden age of 65

QLE membership has sold out it seems Sina otherwise I'd have gone for it. Shame that.
AlfStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:30 am

SINA STAG wrote:Welcome aboard Alf there's a few tongue in cheek characters on here you may have to take with a pinch of salt.....

The QLE tickets sold out pre season
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:11 am

[quote="Stoney"][quote="SINA STAG"]Welcome aboard Alf there's a few tongue in cheek characters on here you may have to take with a pinch of salt.....

Reference your question regrdingna half season ticket the club do a membership card for £20 for the QLE stand an adult match ticket purchased before match day is £11 works out cheaper than a season ticket unless your over the golden age of 65[/quote]
The QLE tickets sold out pre season[/quote]

I can understand it being sold out if the stand was full or 90% full taking into consideration of keeping 10% if seats back for match day sales....

But it's not..... Oh well Stags have budget to stick to.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:29 am

Welcome Alf. Seems that you have joined us at the right time. I get your drift. I`ve supported Brentford, QPR and Arsenal in the past. I also played and ran teams and still play League table tennis. My second wife left me 8 years ago and John took over as Chairman. I`ve been coming ever since. I`ve made some good friends. We have our fair share of knobs, but just ignore them. Tony Mansfield is a great bloke. This could be the start of the good times. I saw the Dave Smith years!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Wingfieldstag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:12 am

Group of us travel from Alfreton to all home games , i also get the odd bus up for away games if you fancy joining us . Sent you a PM
Wingfieldstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby AlfStag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm

PRL13 wrote:Welcome Alf. Seems that you have joined us at the right time. I get your drift. I`ve supported Brentford, QPR and Arsenal in the past. I also played and ran teams and still play League table tennis. My second wife left me 8 years ago and John took over as Chairman. I`ve been coming ever since. I`ve made some good friends. We have our fair share of knobs, but just ignore them. Tony Mansfield is a great bloke. This could be the start of the good times. I saw the Dave Smith years!

I hope those two events weren't connected? ;) Seriously though...life does have it's ups and downs just got to keep on keeping on eh?

I can honestly say that I wasn't particularly aware of how well the Stags were doing but it does help when you start to go to a few games if the football is alright and there's a bit of optimism about. I've stood on enough cold terraces watching awful football and listening to teams getting slated to know what a slog it is. Mind you at the Port Vale game all I could hear in my right ear was shouts of "rubbish"

My uncle is a director at Brentford by the way. Let's hope in a year or two they're on the fixture list. 8-)
AlfStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 pm

AlfStag wrote:
PRL13 wrote:Welcome Alf. Seems that you have joined us at the right time. I get your drift. I`ve supported Brentford, QPR and Arsenal in the past. I also played and ran teams and still play League table tennis. My second wife left me 8 years ago and John took over as Chairman. I`ve been coming ever since. I`ve made some good friends. We have our fair share of knobs, but just ignore them. Tony Mansfield is a great bloke. This could be the start of the good times. I saw the Dave Smith years!

I hope those two events weren't connected? ;) Seriously though...life does have it's ups and downs just got to keep on keeping on eh?

I can honestly say that I wasn't particularly aware of how well the Stags were doing but it does help when you start to go to a few games if the football is alright and there's a bit of optimism about. I've stood on enough cold terraces watching awful football and listening to teams getting slated to know what a slog it is. Mind you at the Port Vale game all I could hear in my right ear was shouts of "rubbish"

My uncle is a director at Brentford by the way. Let's hope in a year or two they're on the fixture list. 8-)

If we were 90 points clear at the top of the league, and 9-0 up in the first 10 minutes, there'd still be a few shouts of 'get him off' at a misplaced pass. The trick is to blank it out.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum