{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What a time to be alive and a stags fan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

What a time to be alive and a stags fan

Postby Fitzy499 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:16 am

After reading and laughing, a lot, at bobs board and Notts board I think it is an amazing time to be a stags fan. We are so lucky to have owners like the radfords and other members such as Paul and Tina briughton and Steve Hymas on board. We are very lucky m, some may disagree,to also have Flitcroft in charge of the team. We are going in the right direction and the complete envy of the spirites and Notts, as well as a lot of other teams in our league and others.

And long may it continue

:coys: :mtfc:
Last edited by Fitzy499 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: What a time to be alive and a stags fan

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Especially, if like me, your brother is a County Season ticket holder!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha to him!!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:43 pm

I was lucky enough to watch yesterday's match with John, Carolyn, Steve, Tina and Paul and they're all great people. With them in charge of our club, we'll be absolutely fine. Hearing them talk about their plans and ambitions for the club as if they were already in place made me extremely optimistic for the future. There's no doubt in their minds that we'll end up in the higher divisions.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:15 pm

I wonder what the realistic time frame would be to go up two divisions. How long would we have to financially consolidate in League 1 before we could seriously invest for the Championship push. The finance needed would be vastly higher. Not that I'm ahead of myself here...
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Quite a few teams have gone up from L2 to championship in successive seasons
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm

It’s great mostly because it keeps Norman at bay
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:58 pm

part time pete wrote:Quite a few teams have gone up from L2 to championship in successive seasons

Yeah but I mean to be able to stay there?
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Fitzy499 wrote:After reading and laughing, a lot, at bobs board and Notts board I think it is an amazing time to be a stage fan. We are so lucky to have owners like the radfords and other members such as Paul and Tina briughton and Steve Hymas on board. We are very lucky m, some may disagree,to also have Flitcroft in charge of the team. We are going in the right direction and the complete envy of the spirited and county as well as a lot of other teams in our league and others.

And long may it continue

stage fan, spirited and county?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:34 pm

bellwhiff wrote:It’s great mostly because it keeps Norman at bay

Is Norman having a social media break like Alan ‘Cone Head’ Hardy from down the road?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:35 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:I wonder what the realistic time frame would be to go up two divisions. How long would we have to financially consolidate in League 1 before we could seriously invest for the Championship push. The finance needed would be vastly higher. Not that I'm ahead of myself here...

I think it's best not to put a time limit on it.

I will be happy if we keep progressing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Fitzy499 wrote:After reading and laughing, a lot, at bobs board and Notts board I think it is an amazing time to be a stage fan. We are so lucky to have owners like the radfords and other members such as Paul and Tina briughton and Steve Hymas on board. We are very lucky m, some may disagree,to also have Flitcroft in charge of the team. We are going in the right direction and the complete envy of the spirited and county as well as a lot of other teams in our league and others.

And long may it continue

Oh for fooks sake get a life ,yes its great but its only football really ,not life or death
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:20 pm

spanishstag wrote:

And long may it continue

Oh for fooks sake get a life ,yes its great but its only football really ,not life or death

One person posts a positive thread. The other spends time finding the negative in that. Wonder who needs to 'get a life' :lol:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:25 pm

:good_post:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:33 pm

spanishstag wrote:

And long may it continue

Agreed there are more important things in life, but life is so much better when we are doing well.

For one thing there is less gloom and doom on here, although the usual suspects still find something to moan about.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:35 pm

Spiritater wrote:

And long may it continue

stage fan, spirited and county?[/quote

I’ve sorted this for you, damn predictive text
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Fitzy499 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:39 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

And long may it continue

One person posts a positive thread. The other spends time finding the negative in that. Wonder who needs to 'get a life' :lol:

Bloody hell its been absolutely years since we have been able to gloat about our neighbours. Never even said it was life or death just that at the moment we can finally look forward to positive things due to the radfords et al. Didn’t realise posting positive things would be so bloody bad
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Fitzy499 wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

And long may it continue

Bloody hell its been absolutely years since we have been able to gloat about our neighbours. Never even said it was life or death just that at the moment we can finally look forward to positive things due to the radfords et al. Didn’t realise posting positive things would be so bloody bad

Must be some bad weather and a sangria shortage in Spain.......someone’s not a happy chappy.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 am

Terrible rain ,but no alcohol shortage its just me i dont do the gushing praise thing ,probably summat to do with the england win as well :lol: best to just ignore me :oops:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:43 am

spanishstag wrote:Terrible rain ,but no alcohol shortage its just me i dont do the gushing praise thing ,probably summat to do with the england win as well :lol: best to just ignore me :oops:

Strange,youre normally well over the top with praise.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum