{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Valiants Scorefred sponsored by Loving The Football

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Valiants Scorefred sponsored by Loving The Football

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:58 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:wish Pope plays for us
CJ will be gone in Jan on this form hope we get a good fee

great win today

His form is excellent. I know every player has his price, but i would like to think Hamilton would like to see the season out with us instead of jumping ship. By all accounts the club have put a lot of time and effort in to him and the fans have always stuck by him even when they've found it frustrating, so i don't think Radford would be too willing to sell considering he is such a big part of our promotion push. I also think he really enjoys it here and likes working with Flitcroft so hopefully we're not faced with that problem now we are seeing the best of him! I do expect him to climb the leagues at some point but hopefully it can be with us.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Spot on Edwinstowe. We never looked last conceding all game. We are just one striker away from being in the top two, everything else is perfect. Got to say, Bishop as absolutely incredible today, he was everywhere!
Oh, and the chap at the back of D block in the Quarry lane end, think you need to find another sport, because you certainly don't know anything about football.
To keep calling the front three, f@#*ing useless, at the top of your voice, every time a chance is missed, just shows you up, for the idiot you are!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:00 pm

:)

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:07 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:wish Pope plays for us
CJ will be gone in Jan on this form hope we get a good fee

great win today

But with JR and CR in charge I’d expect a fee around the club record and DF have the chance to sign a replacement.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:09 pm

CJ: Flitcroft is reason behind my improvements

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018 ... port-vale/
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Won ugly?

We controlled the game and played some lovely stuff and created a hat full of chances. They didn't have a sniff other than a few moments of bluster. We weren't at the heights of some of our recent games but that display was light years ahead of anything we've seen in recent years. We have a style of play that all the players have bought into. We controlled the game. We have attacking full backs, three defenders who like defending and are playing out from the back with ease and have a midfield that is creative, energetic and put out fires, something we have missed since Murray in his pomp.

In addition to being on the verge of creating an a excellent footballing team, I saw Flitcroft was having to educate, with grace (unlike his predecessor), some of our supporters who were very upset we were winning with 10 minutes to play.

More ugly wins like that please!
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Marky Mark wrote:CJ: Flitcroft is reason behind my improvements

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018 ... port-vale/

I'm not surprised, it actually makes a difference from just screaming at players (Evans) to spending time on the training ground improving his finishing and all round play.

CJ is a shadow of the player we saw when Murray signed him, hats off to him as we all knew he needed to contribute more to games... today he won us the game.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:27 pm

CJ should be our first £1m player.

White was fantastic today, best he's played in ages.

I really enjoyed the game again, I feel for those who didn't!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Im not the real OND wrote:Won ugly?

We controlled the game and played some lovely stuff and created a hat full of chances. They didn't have a sniff other than a few moments of bluster. We weren't at the heights of some of our recent games but that display was light years ahead of anything we've seen in recent years. We have a style of play that all the players have bought into. We controlled the game. We have attacking full backs, three defenders who like defending and are playing out from the back with ease and have a midfield that is creative, energetic and put out fires, something we have missed since Murray in his pomp.

In addition to being on the verge of creating an a excellent footballing team, I saw Flitcroft was having to educate, with grace (unlike his predecessor), some of our supporters who were very upset we were winning with 10 minutes to play.

That’s my point
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:36 pm

Rob wrote:CJ should be our first £1m player.

I said that today, by the end of the season he'll be worth that if he keeps this up
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:39 pm

An accomplished performance all round today.

Bossed the game from start to finish, don’t think vale even had a shot on goal tbh.

Cracking performance from CJ again with a belter, and to say you’ve got elsnik not even getting into the side with the performances he’s put in shows great things ahead.

Expect rose and probably Davies to be gone in January, either neither good enough or don’t have the right attitude, sorry, no - though would be a surprise to see both go given it’s a month long window.

Didn’t get the panic after they had a man sent off, something needs resolving there.

Cap doffed to those in apologies
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:39 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:We have to drop Davies and put in Rose with Graham.

No Walker. Are you sure about that ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:41 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

That’s my point

Is it?! You said we won ugly. I said it was far from ugly. :lol:
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:48 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:51 pm

BigGuy wrote:Sky News were at the game today, intervewing fans outside the ground about Brexit.

Saw some familar faces on the report. Plenty of ‘I don’t know’ responses !

They were indeed. There to show how a once staunch Brexit voting town is now unsure... Like we all are! Very unsure.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Im not the real OND wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

That’s my point

Is it?! You said we won ugly. I said it was far from ugly. :lol:

We won by one nil in a game we should have romped. Perhaps ugly is a poor choice of word.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:07 pm

I'm enjoying having chances to miss to be honest.

Down to 10 men and losing away from home. You may as well go for it. Which port Vale did. They essentially went 4 up top which DF matched with 4 at the back.

As for time wasting. Have you seen our upcoming fixtures? We are playing Sat-Tues for a long time then the hectic Christmas schedule. Had we not bothered going into the corner and went for the goal and gave up possession and they countered and scored people would be questioning why we didn't take the ball into the corner.

End of the day. 3 points. 1 off autos. In excellent form. Creating hateful of chances and playing some good football. Or would people rather we swapped with county?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:16 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I'm enjoying having chances to miss to be honest.

Down to 10 men and losing away from home. You may as well go for it. Which port Vale did. They essentially went 4 up top which DF matched with 4 at the back.

As for time wasting. Have you seen our upcoming fixtures? We are playing Sat-Tues for a long time then the hectic Christmas schedule. Had we not bothered going into the corner and went for the goal and gave up possession and they countered and scored people would be questioning why we didn't take the ball into the corner.

End of the day. 3 points. 1 off autos. In excellent form. Creating hateful of chances and playing some good football. Or would people rather we swapped with county?

Has anybody actually expressed being unhappy today or have you suggested so by accident?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Conker wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I'm enjoying having chances to miss to be honest.

Has anybody actually expressed being unhappy today or have you suggested so by accident?

A fair few have expressed being unhappy, if they aren't then they did so "by accident"

Have you read any of the thread, there are complaints we didn't win by more than 1, complaints about time wasting. Surely people wouldn't have expressed concerns at that if they were 100% happy about it?

I'm not meaning to make that sound like they are 100% unhappy either but just placing a bit of perspective on proceedings. Joking aside, did anybody really think County would be in the relegation zone come mid-November? Many would probably say that if you finished above them you'd be promoted but at their rate 1 team that finishes above them will get relegated. And long may it continue.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:48 pm

:lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:54 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol:

I could watch that all day.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:56 pm

White was fantastic today, best RB/RWB/RCB we have had in ages ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:55 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:27 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:We have to drop Davies and put in Rose with Graham.

No Walker. Are you sure about that ?

Beat me to it.

Walker & Rose up top all day long. Graham must be close to a start though, he has to on Tuesday.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum