{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Valiants Scorefred sponsored by Loving The Football

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Valiants Scorefred sponsored by Loving The Football

Postby Jamie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Great to get back to back wins. Vale caused us problems without ever really creating anything dangerous. We dealt with them well. The football was good again but we should of maybe been more clinical and cut throat at 1 nil with 10 men.

Another good result and performance. COYS.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:43 pm

We have to drop Davies and put in Rose with Graham.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:44 pm

The commentators on the radio seemed surprised that Davies went off.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Sneag wrote:The commentators on the radio seemed surprised that Davies went off.

Not sure why. Thought it was apparent to most in the ground that he would be the first change - he was ineffective for the vast majority of the time he was on, granted he didn't have the best of service but still. Walker quiet too but after his recent goals was never gonna come off early. Shame Rose missed those 2 chances, could really have done with him finding form but hopefully all still to come. Most important thing is 3 points and thats what we got! Thought Mellis and Bishop were excellent again, as well as Hamilton of course.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:52 pm

I thought we were poor today, comical in front of goal.

But we won, still should of been 4-0.

Mr Flitcrofy, time wasting with 5 minutes to go in the corner against ten men is ridiculous.

I’ll take 3 points with a sub-par performance all day though!
Last edited by Conker on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Danny 'can't do anything wrong' Rose, what a shocker not making the most of the GK's mistake, failing to pass to Graham when in a better position, then the bizarre dummy when he should have bulged the net into QLE.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Poor old Rosey, they don't make barn doors big enough for him to hit at present.

Sure he will come good.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:01 pm

pemill wrote:Danny 'can't do anything wrong' Rose, what a shocker not making the most of the GK's mistake, failing to pass to Graham when in a better position, then the bizarre dummy when he should have bulged the net into QLE.

confidence will be low for him with him not scoring for a while, should have scored today but he always works hard and tries. he will come good again
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:05 pm

It's got to be a concern how we were unable to get another past them at 1-0 up, with a man down, we seem to run out of gas despite them being there for the taking.

CJ had two moments of complete quality, one was unlucky not to go in and the other did - he won the game for Mansfield today and what form he is on currently.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:06 pm

:)

We have gone and done it back to back wins and 4 in the last 6 .
Great to get it out the way now hopefully add more as we head towards Christmas.
Always need to try and win when you are not at your best.
Well done DF and the team .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Sky News were at the game today, intervewing fans outside the ground about Brexit.

Saw some familar faces on the report. Plenty of ‘I don’t know’ responses !
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:13 pm

Conker wrote:It's got to be a concern how we were unable to get another past them at 1-0 up, with a man down, we seem to run out of gas despite them being there for the taking.

CJ had two moments of complete quality, one was unlucky not to go in and the other did - he won the game for Mansfield today and what form he is on currently.

it's not that much of a concern, sometimes teams galvanize when they're down to ten men . we were poor in front of goal again but we are in the play offs and things are looking up. port vale put up a good fight even when down to 10
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:14 pm

We won. We won ugly, but we won.

That’s our first back-to-back this season.

14 unbeaten

Top 5, within one point of automatic promotion spot.

Loads to complain about!!

Bring on the Imps.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:15 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Conker wrote:It's got to be a concern how we were unable to get another past them at 1-0 up, with a man down, we seem to run out of gas despite them being there for the taking.

it's not that much of a concern, sometimes teams galvanize when they're down to ten men . we were poor in front of goal again but we are in the play offs and things are looking up. port vale put up a good fight even when down to 10

I still think we are desperately short up front, it's got to be our priority in January, the unbeaten streak looks so impressive now we have started to win a few on the bounce. It was a poor performance today but things are looking good from any direction.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Conker wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I still think we are desperately short up front, it's got to be our priority in January, the unbeaten streak looks so impressive now we have started to win a few on the bounce. It was a poor performance today but things are looking good from any direction.

I agree conk, we do need another striker and I think we'll get one. It means Graham will get pushed back in the pecking order but I'd get another scorer in for our last push in Jan. A right back/wing back wouldn't be bad for backup if white is injured.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Conker wrote:I thought we were poor today, comical in front of goal.

But we won, still should of been 4-0.

Mr Flitcrofy, time wasting with 5 minutes to go in the corner against ten men is ridiculous.

I’ll take 3 points with a sub-par performance all day though!

I liked the time wasting in the corner. Every good team does it, and we are turning into a good team!!! Rose needed to pass to Graham and it would have been much better. Agree about a good striker mate.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:25 pm

On the way home we listened to DF on the radio, spoke well as usual and did mention the fact we should have killed the game off. However, we continued to attack at 1-0 and created numerous chances at the end - DF most definitely did not ask his team to time waste, though of course in injury time at 1-0 you are bound to close the game down. Some more great management from DF when White over-hit a pass to CJ (the only thing White did wrong as he was exceptional today), he didn't berate him, made light of it and you can just see the players out there are enjoying the football, as am I, the best to watch football since the early 00s.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Make a cheeky bid for Tom pope. Mind you all he did moan all game. Dirty side port vale and yes we should have beaten them 4 or 5 nil. Big game next Saturday should be a cracker glad I got a ticket
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Rob wrote:On the way home we listened to DF on the radio, spoke well as usual and did mention the fact we should have killed the game off. However, we continued to attack at 1-0 and created numerous chances at the end - DF most definitely did not ask his team to time waste, though of course in injury time at 1-0 you are bound to close the game down. Some more great management from DF when White over-hit a pass to CJ (the only thing White did wrong as he was exceptional today), he didn't berate him, made light of it and you can just see the players out there are enjoying the football, as am I, the best to watch football since the early 00s.

Good post Rob, agree completely.

We were in complete control of the game throughout the 90. Vale never looked like scoring, it's only our previous experiences of a one goal lead which made the crowd jittery, when in reality the best Port Vale managed was a couple of long throws from 20 yards out.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:31 pm

Binghamstag wrote:Make a cheeky bid for Tom pope. Mind you all he did moan all game. Dirty side port vale and yes we should have beaten them 4 or 5 nil. Big game next Saturday should be a cracker glad I got a ticket

Pope wants to play for us so much he was trying to rip Sweeney and Pearce's shirt off em every time the ball went up to him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:We won. We won ugly, but we won.

That’s our first back-to-back this season.

14 unbeaten

Top 5, within one point of automatic promotion spot.

Loads to complain about!!

Bring on the Imps.

Well Edders, that's twice on one thread I've agreed with you today mate and let me tell you that's rarer than a Clownty win. :D
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:33 pm

:) Sky sports

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -port-vale

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:38 pm

wish Pope plays for us
CJ will be gone in Jan on this form hope we get a good fee

great win today
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:49 pm

There’s nothing wrong in looking at what was not very good today, despite winning, that’s what Flitcroft has to do to continue to improve this team and watching his interview he clearly sees what we need to improve on from today.

As a fan you can ignore that when we win, and I understand that mindset.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum