{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts County tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts County tickets

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:26 am

steve-hymas wrote:As lancer quite rightly says they have been on sale for weeks .
Our ticketing system ain’t the best but here’s a novel idea.why not use that square thing stuck to your ear and ring up .
Or here’s another idea ..turn up at the game and buy one 8-)
:coys:

Were you a little disappointed with the final attendance?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:31 am

steve-hymas wrote:As lancer quite rightly says they have been on sale for weeks .
Our ticketing system ain’t the best but here’s a novel idea.why not use that square thing stuck to your ear and ring up .

Took two people with me yesterday, one a former season ticket holder that hasn’t been for years and an infrequent attender.

Both enjoyed it and were asking if half season tickets are available?

It’s not just about what the club are doing to get people through the turnstiles it is also about what you do to get others in also.

I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:47 am

Spiritater wrote:

Were you a little disappointed with the final attendance?

It was a similar number of stags fans as last season , it was just the 400 County fans missing that let it down
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Sneag wrote:

I'm sure they'd turn up if all the clubs adverising didn't point them at the online ticketing by default Steve. ;)

This :good_post:

Steve surely as a businessman you understand its about the long game converting floating fans into general attendees and then finally into season ticket holders.

Make it easy for them to attend and they will do, over time if results keep on an upward trajectory the fan base will grow with it and the club needs to be ready to take them on-board.

Steve with respect its great that you post on here but theres no point preaching to the converted who already know how poor the system is and will already have tickets. We are all passionate about the club and want it to thrive both on and off the pitch.

It's Joe blogs the current armchair Man United fan but given the correct channels to engage with the club a future MTFC season ticket holder that needs the guidance / ease of entry into the club.

We are merely pointing this out and hope as an influential member of the club you take on board our comments to help and continue to move the club forward.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Point taken ..the on line ticketing system has limitations and maybe we should put ..or ring the ticket office 482482 .easy really :mtfc:
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:23 pm

steve-hymas wrote:Point taken ..the on line ticketing system has limitations and maybe we should put ..or ring the ticket office 482482 .easy really :mtfc:

Thanks Steve and it would be a useful addition.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm

I thought I read somewhere on here a while ago that the ticketing system doesn't make any tickets available that are in peoples baskets until it resets itself overnight, so in theory if there were 1,000 tickets available on Thursday morning and a particularly indecisive person clicked on all of them and then didn't buy one, it would show as the game sold out until the next day when the 1,000 would become available again. I may have misread.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I thought I read somewhere on here a while ago that the ticketing system doesn't make any tickets available that are in peoples baskets until it resets itself overnight, so in theory if there were 1,000 tickets available on Thursday morning and a particularly indecisive person clicked on all of them and then didn't buy one, it would show as the game sold out until the next day when the 1,000 would become available again. I may have misread.

Mark this was definitely correct last season but appears to have been fixed due to tickets reappearing without any over night refresh being required for the game yesterday.

Another step forward which is great to see.

As you can see from the highlights of the game all blocks that where available to purchase tickets online where full. The less populated blocks where those that required contacting the ticket office.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:I thought I read somewhere on here a while ago that the ticketing system doesn't make any tickets available that are in peoples baskets until it resets itself overnight, so in theory if there were 1,000 tickets available on Thursday morning and a particularly indecisive person clicked on all of them and then didn't buy one, it would show as the game sold out until the next day when the 1,000 would become available again. I may have misread.

Mark this was definitely correct last season but appears to have been fixed due to tickets reappearing without any over night refresh being required for the game yesterday.

As you can see from the highlights of the game all blocks that where available to purchase tickets online where full. The less populated blocks where those that required contacting the ticket office.

So (unless I’m missing the point) why weren’t more blocks made available to oniline customers?
Sorry if this has been “done to death” in previous posts.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:15 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

So (unless I’m missing the point) why weren’t more blocks made available to oniline customers?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:40 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

You aren't missing the point and its a question that only someone from the club could confirm for sure, it most likely is as Steve states one of the limitations the ticketing system has and as a result requires the ticket office to be contacted.

Mine like others frustrations is that stagstickets was continually being plugged by the club with only 2 tickets available online and no mention to call the ticket office knowing fair well many blocks where still available to buy tickets from (just not online).

JR posted on Twitter to contact the ticket office aswell but quite rightly a simple message on the stagstickets website would point people in that direction once tickets online are no longer available online.

Blocks unavailable online where as follows.

QLE:

Block A
Block B - (The family block)

IGU:

Block J - (Players tend to wave at this block so can only assume its initially players friends and familys but remaining tickets put on sale from the ticket office).

IGL:

Block A
Block F
Block G
Block H

10% capacity had to be held back as tickets where being sold on Saturday (roughly equating to blocks F, G and H)

I did however expect on Saturday the ticket system to show all blocks / remaining tickets available to purchase but it didn't. Again this could be a system limitation and not easily accomplished.

A simple message on the stagstickets website along the lines of "Due to EFL regulations not all tickets are available to purchase online however tickets remain on sale at the ticket office - please contact (insert number) to get your ticket for the game".
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 pm

I ordered mine online and it gave me 15 minutes to pay or they went back on open sale. Worked well for me.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:00 am

I really don't understand what fans want regarding tickets they've got the chance to buy them weeks before the game on line even when the players were running onto the pitch at 12.57 you could still buy them on line...

Why do i know this.....

I took my partner n shes not the tallest of girls our seats on F row of the QLE gave her a good view of the bar n posts I checked what seats were available elsewhere in the stand.....

I was surprised seats in the IG where still available to buy......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 pm

SINA STAG wrote:I really don't understand what fans want regarding tickets they've got the chance to buy them weeks before the game on line even when the players were running onto the pitch at 12.57 you could still buy them on line...

Why do i know this.....

I took my partner n shes not the tallest of girls our seats on F row of the QLE gave her a good view of the bar n posts I checked what seats were available elsewhere in the stand.....

I was surprised seats in the IG where still available to buy......

Sina as you say tickets where available but you are neglecting to add that it was a solitary ticket in block L and a solitary ticket in block N.

As I've already stated tickets online practically sold out which is fantastic.

The challenge and discussion is about filling those other blocks that weren't available online - the blocks with empty seats on the highlights.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum