{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Iron chickenfeed scorefred sponsored by The Young Ones

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Iron chickenfeed scorefred sponsored by The Young On

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:42 pm

Chimney wrote:Enjoyed it tonight 800 stags fans a little disappointing

Good turn out for a reserves game in the middle of 4 home games on the trot.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Cracking game, youngsters can be proud of the way they played. Law, Smith and Gibbens the pick. Just stick that 10k in the bank. How's the win percentage looking now :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Rob wrote:Cracking game, youngsters can be proud of the way they played. Law, Smith and Gibbens the pick. Just stick that 10k in the bank. How's the win percentage looking now :lol:

About 30%. Don't cream yer pants just yet. ;)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:52 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:1-0 Blake

I thought Blake was Tyler Blake. Is he still around the club?
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Sounds like the young lads impressed then, Good stuff. Credit to Flitcroft for giving them a chance.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:Cracking game, youngsters can be proud of the way they played. Law, Smith and Gibbens the pick. Just stick that 10k in the bank. How's the win percentage looking now :lol:

I think our win percentage this season is higher than that Sneag, now he has had chance to at least make the squad partly his own. So, do you still want him sacked? Still want to follow the County/Cheaterfield model? I don't.

We're in the play-offs, beaten only twice all season, playing great football, blooding promising youngsters and yet you remain curmudgeonly. Still, if it, er, makes you happy ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Chimney wrote:Enjoyed it tonight 800 stags fans a little disappointing

They should be given free tickets if we get to the final.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Only the Major is entitled to free tickets you’ll find.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:12 pm

smulls wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:1-0 Blake

I thought Blake was Tyler Blake. Is he still around the club?

It's Tyler's younger brother Nyle.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:16 pm

robeyre wrote:Think its great blooding all the young uns. Doesnot it mean we get a fine Though for so many changes ?

No, we just needed to start four experienced outfield players or guys who started on Sunday

So we had
Rose
Atkinson
Butcher
Sweeney

Also we had Elsnik start who also thinks count as he is on loan from Derby's academy
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Enjoyed the game. Conrad provided his usual mixture of brilliance and incompetence.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Brilliant to have that many youngsters in the squad, well done to Flitcrot for giving them a chance. Jason Law was outstanding at left back.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 pm

It was an entertaining game, totally different from the first team type of performance. Clinical finishing won us the match, which was largely dominated by Scunthorpe who had the bulk of the chances. Some slapdash defending at times. Blake looks like CJ's understudy, and although lightweight looks capable of striking fear into any defence. Smith seems to have talent but backed off players too much at important moments and was guilty of watching the ball at his feet rather than reading the game so got himself into trouble (and out of it again by the same technique!). Law was less influential in the second half when the team had less of the ball, but looks confident and assured. Graham was OK.
Out of the experienced players, Elsnik I thought had a sloppy game, so pleased that he got a goal to make up for it. Rose still seems off the pace a little. Butcher looked good when he warmed into the match, and his goal seemed to give him confidence. Logan was a mixed bag, with some brilliant saves and the odd error. The others did OK.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby jeevesthestag » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

I think our win percentage this season is higher than that Sneag, now he has had chance to at least make the squad partly his own. So, do you still want him sacked? Still want to follow the County/Cheaterfield model? I don't.

We're in the play-offs, beaten only twice all season, playing great football, blooding promising youngsters and yet you remain curmudgeonly. Still, if it, er, makes you happy ;)

I make it that we've won 10 drawn 12 and lost 2 in all competitions. Win percentage 41.6%.
jeevesthestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby frt1987 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:02 pm

I think thats £50,000 banked so far from this competition for 3 straight win plus entrance fee money
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Yes those that know Sneag will be able to imagine it. Him dressed in Victorian attire,in a Charles dickens film, playing a curmudgeonly gentleman, but he’s not really like that
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:14 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:07 am

I must admit I was on the fence re DF, but performances have been good, it's now enjoyable to go to Field Mill; the way he praises the fans, and conducts himself has turned some of his critics.
He has embraced the club and the town and long may it continue
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:22 am

Chimney wrote:I must admit I was on the fence re DF, but performances have been good, it's now enjoyable to go to Field Mill; the way he praises the fans, and conducts himself has turned some of his critics.

I was in a similar position, I might be a bit behind you but definitely getting there.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:37 am

Chimney wrote:I must admit I was on the fence re DF, but performances have been good, it's now enjoyable to go to Field Mill; the way he praises the fans, and conducts himself has turned some of his critics.

Well said, Chimney. Think some of the criticism of him on here is a bit harsh. Not as bad of some of the stuff on FB/Twitter though. Some of the folk on there really do need to give their head a shake. Take this numpty for instance.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:48 am

Stag on the Beach wrote:

Well said, Chimney. Think some of the criticism of him on here is a bit harsh. Not as bad of some of the stuff on FB/Twitter though. Some of the folk on there really do need to give their head a shake. Take this numpty for instance.

It’s hard to judge it without knowing what’s happened.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:19 am

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

35% in the league, improving but not that great yet if we're looking for a top 3 finish.

The deafeat rate is fantastic.

At the moment we are 3 points ahead of where Orca had us this time last season, but we won game 18 & 19, so still too close to get carried away.

What I would say is that the football this season has been mostly excellent and that if we are still neck & neck with Evan's points to game ratio going into the last quarter of the season, then we will sustain a promotion push. I don't foresee this squad going hari kari at the death like last season.

A couple of solid additions to the squad in January we could be golden.

And yes Rob, I still would have sacked him last season. Gross negligence gets you the sack in most walks of life but JR is a patient boss and so far DF is repaying that patience.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:34 am

Stag on the Beach wrote:

the fact he thinks Anderson is one of the best players at our club is hilarious
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:35 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Stag on the Beach wrote:

the fact he thinks Anderson is one of the best players at our club is hilarious

I replied to him with that exact point. He said he should be starting ahead of Hamilton as CJ isn’t a RWB.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:53 am

I still think Anderson should be in the squad

my opinion is purely based on a footballing decision and not what has gone off behind the scenes
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum