{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Charlton - Replay tickets on sale

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Charlton Scorefred sponsored by The Amazing FA Cup

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Of course CJ has improved greatly over the past 2 seasons, he's a young man learning his trade. And guess what, as he plays more games he will get better still.

I don't think much of the Improvement is hugely down to either manager but due to CJ's determination and application.

He is a total credit to the club and to himself. I do conceed though that playing him on the right so often will improve his right foot and make him a more balanced player, although I don't think Mr Flitcroft is intentionally playing him there for that reason.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Why do we create so many chances but fail to convert them. Rose and Davies are under performing. Walker has been inconsistent but committed. Both Rose and Davies look to only be performing to 90% of their talent. Flitcroft is too fixed on one way of playing and presumably the same with training / motivation. If only he could get two out of the three hitting the mark he would convert the draws to wins.

One of the best teams in this league so believe the playoffs is the least we can expect this season.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:42 pm

My prediction half true so far and hopefully will be proved wrong
Super Stags in first game easily beaten in replay but good performance and Stags thriving on 2 games a week
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:39 am

tmwilson wrote:I can't take any negatives out of that game whosoever . Charlton aren't just a decent team , they are a very good team . Any neutral at the game wouldn't of knew who was the league one team . There were a few average performances but no one played badly . I cant understand the critism of Hamilton . I agree with Conker , Evans made him into a better player and I think he's got even better this season . There are not many wingers out there who perform week in week out , even at a higher level . If he continues the way he is then teams from league above will come sniffing .
All in all a good game . Don't right us off just yet

Had a scout sat next to me and wrote in BIG letters next to CJ's name... ONE TO WATCH. I'd expect serious bids from higher leagues in the Jan window.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 am

There is a real danger that other clubs will be after both CJ and Mellis in January. On current form both could be playing L1 at least.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:19 am

Need to look after CJ, he will make this club a fortune.

Too many times have we had real talent and let it go either for free or trough tribunal. If we’re going to get interest in players like CJ we need to ensure the money we get is right.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:08 am

Totally agree, what is his current contract length left? Happy to see him leave up the leagues to better himself provided the fee is right.

Fingers crossed we can keep hold of him (and Mellis) until the season ends though.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:18 am

Chander Lear wrote:Totally agree, what is his current contract length left? Happy to see him leave up the leagues to better himself provided the fee is right.

Fingers crossed we can keep hold of him (and Mellis) until the season ends though.

Signed a two and a half year deal last January, along with Rose.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:19 am

Big yella wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Totally agree, what is his current contract length left? Happy to see him leave up the leagues to better himself provided the fee is right.

Signed a two and a half year deal last January, along with Rose.

Got ya, so will be tapped up by Posh in January then !!!
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:37 pm

sunray wrote:Why do we create so many chances but fail to convert them. Rose and Davies are under performing. Walker has been inconsistent but committed. Both Rose and Davies look to only be performing to 90% of their talent. Flitcroft is too fixed on one way of playing and presumably the same with training / motivation. If only he could get two out of the three hitting the mark he would convert the draws to wins.

One of the best teams in this league so believe the playoffs is the least we can expect this season.

Yup - in some games we've managed over 20 scoring chances, or put another way one every 4+ minutes. While it can be intensely frustrating i think those games safely tick the 'entertainment' box! ;)

For a good number of years we watched games that the NHS could show to patients as a cheap form of anaesthetic. Definitely need Rose & Davies on form, but so far i'm pleased with the hat-full of chances rather than just managing a couple of shots each half. Many a game under Murray (and some with Evans) hurt so bad i'd swear someone had poured bromine on my retinas! :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Think the F A probably cost us at least 1500 on the gate by playing the game yesterday
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Think the FA must have cost us at least 1500 on the gate by playing the match yesterday instead of Saturday
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:25 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Think the FA must have cost us at least 1500 on the gate by playing the match yesterday instead of Saturday

They definitely took numbers off the gate, but I'm not sure it was that many.

In any event, let's hope the TV money more than compensated for the loss in gate receipts.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 pm

This was what I put in my report:
It was Charlton’s first visit to Mansfield for 40 years, and reduced their travelling support to under 500, from what would probably have been around 1500 I’m told.

So 1000 off the attendance of Charlton fans. I would have thought a minimum of 500 off the attendance of Stags fans. 1500 off in total.

My back of a fag packet calculations:

Let's say an average ticket price of £13.
In Round 1 each club gets a straight 50% of the gate receipts.

Then each club lost about £9750.
Which is less than the £12,500 that the clubs got for TV coverage.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:39 pm

They haven't lost anything Marty as they never had it in the first place. You shuda said, 'they would have made X more if it was played on the Sat'. Also if Charlton'd brought nearly a full NS full then probably t'Plod would've put more bodies out to police them and the Plod bill would've gone up.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Well looking on the bright side we should get a decent amount of money from the replay at Charlton.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Well looking on the bright side we should get a decent amount of money from the replay at Charlton.

I'm not so sure. Charlton had 4,400 crowd for their last FA Cup tie at home.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Well looking on the bright side we should get a decent amount of money from the replay at Charlton.

If you read their forums alot of the fans expect another weakened team to play against us in the replay so will no doubt hit the gate. Its a shame they play at home the Saturday after our game as the next 3 after that are away. Had it been in between those games it may have inflated the gate.

More importantly how many of us are going to make the trip? Closest comparison is Barnet last season also a midweek fixture after a very poor run in the league with 225ish stags attending.

However its the FA Cup and likely to be a new ground for a few so could inflate it to 300 / 400 at most? Any more than that would be an exceptional effort.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:26 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

If you read their forums alot of the fans expect another weakened team to play against us in the replay so will no doubt hit the gate. Its a shame they play at home the Saturday after our game as the next 3 after that are away. Had it been in between those games it may have inflated the gate.

More importantly how many of us are going to make the trip? Closest comparison is Barnet last season also a midweek fixture after a very poor run in the league with 225ish stags attending.

However its the FA Cup and likely to be a new ground for a few so could inflate it to 300 / 400 at most? Any more than that would be an exceptional effort.

I think Bowyer is in danger of mismanaging his team selection.
He played his first team on Tuesday 6 Nov against Walsall.
Then his reserves against Mansfield, and in the Checkatrade tomorrow - 2 games for the same players in 48 hours; he has already said he will do this.
They don't play on Saturday.
Then if he plays his reserves against us again, he will not have played his first team for 2.5 weeks until they play Bristol Rov on 24 Nov. Nuts.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkstag » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:11 am

bigalstag wrote:Can't believe the s#@t on here. The football and organisation of the team, is the best it's been for the last 20 years. I thouroughly enjoy watching this team and the football being played, and I haven't been able to say that for a long time. Some on here have an agenda as far as the manager is concerned, and nothing he does will ever be right. Keep doing what your doing Dave, and stuff the idiots on here.

Good post. It’s pretty obvious abc would love DF to fail that’s why he continues to use the term Flipflop which we all know is intended to mock

Not much wrong at the One Call from what I can see

COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:20 am

I have been looking into getting down to the Charlton for this game and wow its a bugger.

I'd need the full day off (obviously a few beers in the big smoke is a must)

Train - WOW no wonder no one uses it anymore. £60 return from Notts, Newark slightly cheaper but then its getting Newark. The last train i could possibly get back to notts, would get me in at 2.10am lol, Then its getting back from Notts. What really bugs me about the train costs is that I could drive to London for less than that and have 4 people in the car to split the cost. Ps I aint a tight arse.

SSA seems a viable option and for £25 isn't too badly priced but its likely you wouldn't be getting down to the ground until 6pm what with the M1 being horrendous and hitting the M25 during rush hour.

Ifollow looking ever more appealing.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:26 am

Chander Lear wrote:I have been looking into getting down to the Charlton for this game and wow its a bugger.

Train - WOW no wonder no one uses it anymore. £60 return from Notts, Newark slightly cheaper but then its getting Newark. The last train i could possibly get back to notts, would get me in at 2.10am lol, Then its getting back from Notts. What really bugs me about the train costs is that I could drive to London for less than that and have 4 people in the car to split the cost. Ps I aint a tight arse.

SSA seems a viable option and for £25 isn't too badly priced but its likely you wouldn't be getting down to the ground until 6pm what with the M1 being horrendous and hitting the M25 during rush hour.

only midweek Football League and Checkatrade Trophy matches are shown live (ie video) on iFollow.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:11 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:I have been looking into getting down to the Charlton for this game and wow its a bugger.

only midweek Football League and Checkatrade Trophy matches are shown live (ie video) on iFollow.

Just read it. devo! Not get back until 3am on a coach and thats assuming there is no extra time. M1 is closed in 2 places over night too. I'll watch it on teletext
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:02 am

£28.50 return from Newark into Kings Cross. Then just to sort getting over to The Valley by either train or tube.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:18 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

£28.50 return from Newark into Kings Cross. Then just to sort getting over to The Valley by either train or tube.

Whats times though? And when is the last train back? It takes around between 39 and 51 mins from Charlton to Kings Cross, depending on which train you catch.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum