{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Charlton - Replay tickets on sale

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Charlton Scorefred sponsored by The Amazing FA Cup

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:42 pm

Wouldn't say we're controlling it but we're well in the game. Both sides have had some good opportunities. Great goal by CJ. Very winnable tie from here. COYS
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::D Great goal CJ

its on betfair if you got a account , live stream and bigger pop picture than bet365

I've just learned how to make B365 full screen...pinch screen and open fingers like zooming in and it goes full screen
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:14 pm

guiseley 4-1 up against Cambridge :o
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:27 pm

1-1 :(
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Decent performance, if not a little frustrating to not hold on. Their equaliser was surely offside? CJ was electric, Walker and Mellis a little below their performances on tuesday. Sign of how far we have come that a draw with Charlton is seen as a bit disappointing.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:54 pm

It was a good game. It ebbed and flowed for each side. Probably unlucky not to go through because we did make a few good chances at 1.1 in the last minutes. Looking forward to seeing Stags away at Charlton.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Clip of the equaliser is on the BBC website. Looks as though he’s offside to me.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Gutted not to win that. Think we shaded it over 90, and holding out for that 1-0 win was our best chance of getting through.

We played well today, but that replay away at Charlton is horrible considering we play lincoln away in the same week. Look forward to the draw on Monday, but that will dictate for me what kind of go we give it at the Valley.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Really good performance, we deserved the win. CJ, Bishop and Pearce fantastic, Davies with one of the worst, laziest, most uniterested peeformances I have seen. If he's not fit don't play him, or maybe he's just that lazy.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Well done Stags, best team throughout, keep up the momentum!!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:13 pm

What date is the replay ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Any other manager would now be getting stick for going too deep and trying to hang on to 1-0. Obvious what was going to happen and now face a horrible mid week trip to the valley. Well done Flipflop.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 pm

bellwhiff wrote:What date is the replay ?

Probably on the 20th mate
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:23 pm

abc wrote:Any other manager would now be getting stick for going too deep and trying to hang on to 1-0. Obvious what was going to happen and now face a horrible mid week trip to the valley. Well done Flipflop.

Your quickly becoming the most boring poster on here by a country mile.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:30 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
abc wrote:Any other manager would now be getting stick for going too deep and trying to hang on to 1-0. Obvious what was going to happen and now face a horrible mid week trip to the valley. Well done Flipflop.

Get your head out of his back side he bottled it today.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm

abc wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

Get your head out of his back side he bottled it today.

He didn’t bottle anything, they had a ten minute spell and scored a scrappy goal from it. We didn’t sit back at all.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

becoming?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:35 pm

m1cksut wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

becoming?

ignore the troll, that bell would be moaning if we were promoted
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:38 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

abc has a point though, even if the goal was correctly disallowed we would only have continued to hold onto our lead.

It was another "masterclass" from DF to for some reason drop Walker into a deep central position and put Rose in a wide right position. The shape was working in the first half barring the very poor Davies. Then to drop CJ back who all our good play was coming through blunted any attacking threat we had.

Couldn't quite understand what our plan was in the last 10-15 minutes. We seemed happy enough to take a draw despite having a good opportunity to try and settle the tie there and then. It's going to be much more difficult to go to Charlton and win than if we were braver in the final moments today and gives us another unnecessary fixture to deal with in an already busy period.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:41 pm

That’s a shame that you feel like that, especially after such a good performance. I disagree with your comment. I watched the entire game and I don’t think we sat back. We created chances and were unfortunate not to have scored a second (which probably would’ve won the tie).

This is the most promising and positive period I can remember for a long time, which is why I find posts like yours just unnecessary, unhelpful and just weird.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Bradders » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Stags looked the better side overall, creating plenty of chances and not really in trouble at the back or in midfield. We were unfortunate not to get a second goal - a couple of chances would have gone in on another day. Mellis didn't keep his recent form going, looking a bit tentative and with a poor touch. CJ eased himself into the game well and kept the Charlton defence occupied, as well as scoring a superb individual goal. Walker played well but was reluctant to shoot.
I think that Charlton will count themselves lucky to get a second chance.
I didn't see any sign of Stags being told to sit back - indeed some great positive play near the end could have sealed the result, but as you'd expect Charlton did get into the game for a spell and has us pinned back, leading to their hotly-disputed goal.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:47 pm

AlanStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

abc has a point though, even if the goal was correctly disallowed we would only have continued to hold onto our lead.

It was another "masterclass" from DF to for some reason drop Walker into a deep central position and put Rose in a wide right position. The shape was working in the first half barring the very poor Davies. Then to drop CJ back who all our good play was coming through blunted any attacking threat we had.

Couldn't quite understand what our plan was in the last 10-15 minutes. We seemed happy enough to take a draw despite having a good opportunity to try and settle the tie there and then. It's going to be much more difficult to go to Charlton and win than if we were braver in the final moments today and gives us another unnecessary fixture to deal with in an already busy period.

Alan you are simply NOT allowed to question Flipflops tactics on here, even when he goes 1 up front at home or even when he pulls our most threatening player back to wing back :shock: it is just not on they will even deny he did these things.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Steve North wrote:

That’s a shame that you feel like that, especially after such a good performance. I disagree with your comment. I watched the entire game and I don’t think we sat back. We created chances and were unfortunate not to have scored a second (which probably would’ve won the tie).

This is the most promising and positive period I can remember for a long time, which is why I find posts like yours just unnecessary, unhelpful and just weird.

Well said
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Sat back my arse. Played a league 1 side. There 1 down and tried to attack us more. We were getting over run in the middle of the park. Bought Butcher on so we could compete better in midfield.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Good game today. Should have won but got to remember Charlton also on a good run they had a good 10 min before the goal but that's it. Well done mtfc. Some fans moan at everything
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum