{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Charlton - Replay tickets on sale

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Charlton Scorefred sponsored by The Amazing FA Cup

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:23 pm

I thought it was a good game today, we get a 2nd and it would have been game over.

I didn't think we sat back per se, but the substitutions and tactical changes had a negative impact on the team as an attacking force.

Davies was getting a lot of stick around me today, but I thought we looked worse after he went off. I wouldn't argue with him getting the hook but it was disappounting Danny didn't contribute a thing when he came on.

What was the point in giving Jordan Graham 45 seconds. I get he's a kid & needs some protection but give the lad 15 minutes at least.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:29 pm

it's called opinions that's why we have message boards, if ABC thinks it then it's his opinion, and as for boring drawing games we are winning is getting MTFCMAD.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:38 pm

old ram stag wrote:it's called opinions that's why we have message boards, if ABC thinks it then it's his opinion, and as for boring drawing games we are winning is getting MTFCMAD.

Having opinions is all well and good, but you should be prepared for people to challenge and stress test those opinions - that’s why we have message boards !!
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Chris M » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Sneag wrote:I thought it was a good game today, we get a 2nd and it would have been game over.

I didn't think we sat back per se, but the substitutions and tactical changes had a negative impact on the team as an attacking force.

Davies was getting a lot of stick around me today, but I thought we looked worse after he went off. I wouldn't argue with him getting the hook but it was disappounting Danny didn't contribute a thing when he came on.

What was the point in giving Jordan Graham 45 seconds. I get he's a kid & needs some protection but give the lad 15 minutes at least.

I thought the same thing. Davies did not look very sharp today but when he went off we struggled to hold the ball up front. I was hoping that Danny may have grasped his chance when he came on, but did not achieve much. Thought we played well today against a good side from a division higher. Much tougher to go down there and win though.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:46 pm

:)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46087418

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:48 pm

I agree but on this board you get called names if you question the managers tactics or the constant draws from winning positions, I also question why he defends set pieces when 1 up with all 11 back in our 18 yard box, it invites the opposition to throw everyone forward very often leads to us conceding.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:50 pm

old ram stag wrote:I agree but on this board you get called names if you question the managers tactics or the constant draws from winning positions, I also question why he defends set pieces when 1 up with all 11 back in our 18 yard box, it invites the opposition to throw everyone forward very often leads to us conceding.

probably because we're in the best position on and off the field for years and there's still some whinging / nit picking at certain things.

Yes we aren't perfect and there's still a long way to go but it's just boring reading the same posters nitpicking game after game.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Will the replay be on the 20th Nov or will that still be part of the international break? Also will the Port Vile game survive?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:56 pm

not true bobby when flitcroft took over we were 4th we are now 7th.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Bradders wrote:Stags looked the better side overall, creating plenty of chances and not really in trouble at the back or in midfield. We were unfortunate not to get a second goal - a couple of chances would have gone in on another day. Mellis didn't keep his recent form going, looking a bit tentative and with a poor touch. CJ eased himself into the game well and kept the Charlton defence occupied, as well as scoring a superb individual goal. Walker played well but was reluctant to shoot.
I think that Charlton will count themselves lucky to get a second chance.
I didn't see any sign of Stags being told to sit back - indeed some great positive play near the end could have sealed the result, but as you'd expect Charlton did get into the game for a spell and has us pinned back, leading to their hotly-disputed goal.
Thats how I saw it too.

I think we had our chance to get through today, and I don't fancy our chances in the reply.

Maybe it's best to "save" our wins for the league.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:11 pm

The game was there to win today unfortunately the manager chose to try and hang on as he has done many times during his tenure and we got the same result a draw. We might as well of gone for it at 1-0 and carried on attacking. We now go to the valley for a game we could do without and have little chance of winning.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:12 pm

old ram stag wrote:not true bobby when flitcroft took over we were 4th we are now 7th.

Really old ram stag, perhaps you should compare like for like.

Where were we in the league under SE after the same number of games last season?

Also compare CJ under DF and CJ under SE.

Under SE last season CJ's finishing was awful. Perhaps the difference is how much time our current manager is prepared to spend on the training pitch.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:15 pm

abc wrote:The game was there to win today unfortunately the manager chose to try and hang on as he has done many times during his tenure and we got the same result a draw. We might as well of gone for it at 1-0 and carried on attacking. We now go to the valley for a game we could do without and have little chance of winning.

I agree with the last sentence abc.

However, the rest is fake news.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Wink68 said it best, we were getting overrun in midfield, I was worried Charlton were going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and beat us, so a tactical substitution worked. And I didn't see a corner where every man was back defending once? Cj was the outlet most times and Jordan graham at the end, it's just plain misinformation, or even lying to make a point.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:16 pm

I assume CJ was mom as he was brilliant, but Bishop was also excellent, he almost scored from a corner and then as charlton broke into our box, it was him putting the block in, and this guy is 37?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Nothing to lose by going to the Valley, last time in that position (with nothing to lose) was West Brom and what a performance that was.

What are the likely games to shown on TV and will it definitely be the Tuesday? Hopefully confirmed soon as need to get the afternoon off work!! :)

Stop the moaning we're still in the hat!
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:The game was there to win today unfortunately the manager chose to try and hang on as he has done many times during his tenure and we got the same result a draw. We might as well of gone for it at 1-0 and carried on attacking. We now go to the valley for a game we could do without and have little chance of winning.

I must of been imagining all the draws snatched from winning positions ? Btw CJ is still CJ no matter who the manager is so that could well be fake news .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Nothing to lose by going to the Valley, last time in that position (with nothing to lose) was West Brom and what a performance that was.

What are the likely games to shown on TV and will it definitely be the Tuesday? Hopefully confirmed soon as need to get the afternoon off work!! :)

Did we beat WBA ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:20 pm

I think it was not a case of us sitting back rather it was them forcing us back.Don't forget they are high up in a better lrague than we are.They passed the ball well and their movement was very good.We have a chance in the replay I feel sure.We shall see.Davies was poor but should be able to hold the ball better than he did.Having said that Rose did not do a lot when he came on.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Are we really moaning about a good draw against a decent league 1 side.

It just shows how far MTFC has come in just a short space of time. Oh, we can still win the replay too!!! KTF COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:25 pm

abc wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Nothing to lose by going to the Valley, last time in that position (with nothing to lose) was West Brom and what a performance that was.

Did we beat WBA ?

I bet you’re such fun to be around abc.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:25 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I must of been imagining all the draws snatched from winning positions ? Btw CJ is still CJ no matter who the manager is so that could well be fake news .

Even with your bias against DF you must see that CJ has developed greatly under the current manager.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:25 pm

1970 just prior to their goal we had only left CJ up for their corner and I mentioned it to my father as he jogged back into the box allowing them to push on and score. no lies I want us to win and improve.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:29 pm

geoffhill wrote:I think it was not a case of us sitting back rather it was them forcing us back.Don't forget they are high up in a better lrague than we are.They passed the ball well and their movement was very good.We have a chance in the replay I feel sure.We shall see.Davies was poor but should be able to hold the ball better than he did.Having said that Rose did not do a lot when he came on.

They're not Man City. When they were in the ascendancy in the second half our manager chose to leave Davies up on his own therefore we were in effect playing 532
just as he did against the mighty Exeter City and it has cost us again.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Even with your bias against DF you must see that CJ has developed greatly under the current manager.

As I said previously CJ is still CJ and even though I like him as a player I don't think he has improved significantly. I'm not bothered whether you believe it or not but I wouldn't say I was biased against Flipflop I just wish he was braver with his tactics. I was impressed that he went for it after halftime against Grimsby but today in my opinion he went back to his usual way and bottled it.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum