{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Charlton - Replay tickets on sale

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Charlton Scorefred sponsored by The Amazing FA Cup

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:37 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:The game was there to win today unfortunately the manager chose to try and hang on as he has done many times during his tenure and we got the same result a draw. We might as well of gone for it at 1-0 and carried on attacking. We now go to the valley for a game we could do without and have little chance of winning.

I agree with the last sentence abc.

However, the rest is fake news.

I must of been imagining all the draws snatched from winning positions ? Btw CJ is still CJ no matter who the manager is so that could well be fake news .

Even with your bias against DF you must see that CJ has developed greatly under the current manager.

As I said previously CJ is still CJ and even though I like him as a player I don't think he has improved significantly. I'm not bothered whether you believe it or not but I wouldn't say I was biased against Flipflop I just wish he was braver with his tactics. I was impressed that he went for it after halftime against Grimsby but today in my opinion he went back to his usual way and bottled it.

If you look at CJ from when Murray was here and what he's like now, I'd say he has significantly improved.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:37 pm

abc - what a thoroughly depressing person.

I thought we held our own against a team doing well in L1.

Last corner of the game we left just two back and they left two forward. How on earth is that negative?! We went for the win and we're unfortunate not to get it.

CJ is unplayable at times and, while still frustrating at times, has hugely improved this season under Flitcroft. If you can't see that, you're looking very selectively and possibly have an agenda... any team in this league would love to have CJ playing for them.

Well done Stags. Rapidly becoming the best side we have had since the early 2000s... no matter what some naysayers think.
Last edited by Random Hero on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:38 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
abc wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Nothing to lose by going to the Valley, last time in that position (with nothing to lose) was West Brom and what a performance that was.

What are the likely games to shown on TV and will it definitely be the Tuesday? Hopefully confirmed soon as need to get the afternoon off work!! :)

Stop the moaning we're still in the hat!

Did we beat WBA ?

I bet you’re such fun to be around abc.

:lol:

Did i expect us to beat West Brom - No, do i expect us to beat Charlton at the Valley - No.

But i'll still go to support the team.
Last edited by Stags 2002 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Like I said we didn’t sit back but yeah we did not really go for it either, that’s a fair criticism.
, although still harsh considering we were playing a team in the league above.

Our chance to progress does feel unlikely now but let’s see.

CJ actually vastly improved under Evans, yeah I know you all hate him and he hurt ya feelings but it’s true, he’s actually continued to improve this season so either Flitcroft is doing a good job too or him and Evans got lucky.
Last edited by Conker on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:40 pm

old ram stag wrote:not true bobby when flitcroft took over we were 4th we are now 7th.

That’s just crass
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Sneag wrote:Will the replay be on the 20th Nov or will that still be part of the international break? Also will the Port Vile game survive?

both managers confirmed after the game that the replay is on the 20th.

The Port Vale game cannot not be off as Rep Ireland U21 do not have a game so there are a max of two players who can be called up and you need three to be called up for a game to be off. I think Flitcroft also confirmed this on Friday if I remember from his interview.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Random Hero wrote:abc - what a thoroughly depressing person.

I thought we held our own against a team doing well in L1.

Last corner of the game we left just two back and they left two forward. How on earth is that negative?! We went for the win and we're unfortunate not to get it.

CJ is unplayable at times and, while still frustrating at times, has hugely improved this season under Flitcroft. If you can't see that, you're looking very selectively and possibly have an agenda... any team in this league would love to have CJ playing for them.

Well done Stags. Rapidly becoming the best side we have had since the early 2000s... no matter what some naysayers think.

Last corner of the game 2 on 2 with Bishop sat in front of them, not quite what you said. My point is we should of been braver at 1-0 instead of waiting for them to equalise. Regarding CJ of course he would get in any team in this league as I said I like him but you just try and put your own spin on things if you like.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:46 pm

old ram stag wrote:it's called opinions that's why we have message boards, if ABC thinks it then it's his opinion, and as for boring drawing games we are winning is getting MTFCMAD.

True bud, but by the same token you can't pretend yours or Abc is the only valid opinion and anybody disagreeing isn't entitled their right to reply.

After all, the realists seem happy to throw about the HappyClappers tag, but take exception if they're branded negative whiners. A tad hypocritical perhaps?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:48 pm

We played well today. Charlton are a decent team and we made them look ordinary at times. Regarding the replay - it’ll be different. Charlton will attack and we can get at them on the break.
CJ is an exciting player and will continue to improve. His pace is starting to terrify defenders. The late tackle/wrestle said it all. COYS, I’m looking forward to visiting the Valley.
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:51 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
old ram stag wrote:it's called opinions that's why we have message boards, if ABC thinks it then it's his opinion, and as for boring drawing games we are winning is getting MTFCMAD.

True bud, but by the same token you can't pretend yours or Abc is the only valid opinion and anybody disagreeing isn't entitled their right to reply.

After all, the realists seem happy to throw about the HappyClappers tag, but take exception if they're branded negative whiners. A tad hypocritical perhaps?

That's a fair point you make imo however the happy Clappy brigade are very touchy about anyone questioning anything Flipflop does and seem to want to start throwing insults about which doesn't help matters.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:03 pm

abc wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

That's a fair point you make imo however the happy Clappy brigade are very touchy about anyone questioning anything Flipflop does and seem to want to start throwing insults about which doesn't help matters.

That statement is true on both sides, imo.

In most cases it's not the content that causes friction, but the manner of how it's relayed and the frequency its done.

Imo, the board would be great if everyone gave balanced opinions & openly discussed aspects in a calm respectful manner. Being prepared to concede points rather than scoring them gets so much more out of a thread.

However, we have a few too many ex shop stewards frequenting this board! ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:07 pm

I can't take any negatives out of that game whosoever . Charlton aren't just a decent team , they are a very good team . Any neutral at the game wouldn't of knew who was the league one team . There were a few average performances but no one played badly . I cant understand the critism of Hamilton . I agree with Conker , Evans made him into a better player and I think he's got even better this season . There are not many wingers out there who perform week in week out , even at a higher level . If he continues the way he is then teams from league above will come sniffing .
All in all a good game . Don't right us off just yet
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:11 pm

tmwilson wrote:I can't take any negatives out of that game whosoever . Charlton aren't just a decent team , they are a very good team . Any neutral at the game wouldn't of knew who was the league one team . There were a few average performances but no one played badly . I cant understand the critism of Hamilton . I agree with Conker , Evans made him into a better player and I think he's got even better this season . There are not many wingers out there who perform week in week out , even at a higher level . If he continues the way he is then teams from league above will come sniffing .
All in all a good game . Don't right us off just yet

Can you tell me who has criticised Hamilton ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Can't believe the s#@t on here. The football and organisation of the team, is the best it's been for the last 20 years. I thouroughly enjoy watching this team and the football being played, and I haven't been able to say that for a long time. Some on here have an agenda as far as the manager is concerned, and nothing he does will ever be right. Keep doing what your doing Dave, and stuff the idiots on here.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby daddycool » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Cannot understand the bottled it comment , he took two ineffective forwards of to try two more .we had the best chance late on with mellis near miss, charlton are a better team than us and are going to dominate at some stage ,but if that’s bottling it your correct.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:34 pm

BBC saying CJ goal best of weekend
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:45 pm

abc wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

More fake news abc.

We were all disappointed that DF failed to keep us in a playoff spot last season.

The difference is we were willing to give him a chance to show what he could achieve with his own players, whilst you and one or two others constantly gripe and fail to see the bigger picture.

At this stage we are better placed than last season.

Perhaps it was right we didn't sack him after a handful of games.

If you want to keep snipping if we fail to win games, do so .

But to me it seems to be nit picking and boring.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 pm

The One wrote:BBC saying CJ goal best of weekend

Billericay Dickie's was better.

Bit ofa pi$$er that Charlton's was offside.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:54 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

More fake news abc.

We were all disappointed that DF failed to keep us in a playoff spot last season.

The difference is we were willing to give him a chance to show what he could achieve with his own players, whilst you and one or two others constantly gripe and fail to see the bigger picture.

Snipping ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Watched today and thought it bodes well for us as we press on in how league 2 campaign.
We competed very well against a good side with some quality players and could see why near the top in league 1.
We still got a chance at there place but odds are low us going through ,but we still go there and give our best shot.
Still kept the unbeaten run going :D

:D Good time being a Super Stag :D Rather than a Magpie falling of a Wheel Barrow in to the pit of misery :lol:

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:20 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

More fake news abc.

Snipping ?

I’ll have a short-back-and-sides while you’re at it
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:45 pm

It's a result not to be ashamed of, or to warrant criticism.. I was well impressed from my view from bet365.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Good game, could av won but draw seemed a fair result to me.

Last thing we really wanted, anotherr game to pull in.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:57 pm

You don't half talk raspberries
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Madstagsfan2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Couldn't get to the game but managed to watch on Betfair. Stags looked the better team for most of the match and can count themselves unlucky not to get the win. The equaliser was very, very tight, but for me was just and I mean just onside. I've had to replay it many times and the camera angles isn't perfect, but I can't fault the officials for giving it.

Absolutely no reason why we can't win the replay.
Madstagsfan2
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum