{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tyler Walker

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tyler Walker

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:31 am

ParisStag wrote:I haven't been able to attend the last few games (watched a couple on ifollow) but I'd love to have seen the reaction of the miserable sod in front of me who always slates Walker. I bet he didn't even celebrate his goals.

Don't happen to sit in the QLE do you? There was a guy there giving the right some stick for stopping play when Danny clashed his head with a defender. The moron then went on to shout at CJ to take on his man, and then shouted "why the raspberry did you do that" if he lost it
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:54 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Only won 3 in 5 games though! :P

We'll know how tough the team are when we face Lincoln, but for me a hard to beat team is the foundation of a great one in the making.... hopefully
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 am

:D

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Keep up the good work Tyler the goals will come
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Tyler was very good on Saturday imo his constant clever running in behind the defenders, with CJ switching with him had them bamboozled. Albeit only against Notts terrible defence, he deserves more credit than he gets.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm sorry but I just don't see it.
If he's as good/talented as many say he should be setting this division alight and scoring for fun.
For me he is doing nothing of the like, I never feel here's a goal when he gets the ball in a dangerous position.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:06 pm

scotsstag wrote:I'm sorry but I just don't see it.
If he's as good/talented as many say he should be setting this division alight and scoring for fun.
For me he is doing nothing of the like, I never feel here's a goal when he gets the ball in a dangerous position.

Are you being serious ?
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Stockportstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:13 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:

Are you being serious ?

He helped rip County's defence apart on Saturday.
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team

Postby scotsstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:16 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:

Are you being serious ?

Yes.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:17 pm

Stockportstag wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:

Are you being serious ?

But never scored, go figure. ;)
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Improving each game
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:36 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Improving each game

Yes, but still not setting the league alight to say he is supposedly a Championship player.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:38 pm

scotsstag wrote:

Yes, but still not setting the league alight to say he is supposedly a Championship player.

Apart from being shortlisted for divisional player of the month
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:47 pm

And?
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:07 pm

scotsstag wrote:

If he was a Championship player he wouldn’t be at Mansfield Town
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:12 pm

He's probably not a Championship striker, but he's performing like a top end League 2 one at the moment.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm

I agree he's not a championship player. He plays for a championship club and has potential. If he was the finished article he wouldn't be on loan here.

Either way if you automatically think a 'fringe' championship player should be tearing League Two apart then you've clearly not watched much League Two football.

His touch to take it past the defender on Saturday was differnet class. He's started working much harder of late than when he arrived and the goals have started to come.

He's a good asset for us and is doing a decent job all in all. Yes his finishing isn't all that but if it was he wouldn't be here.

The good news is he is doing well and that will show other championship level managers they can trust there young stars with us and DF.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:41 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Stockportstag wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:

Are you being serious ?

But never scored, go figure. ;)

Team game innit.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Walker has had a purple patch when needed, CJ currently having a purple patch.

I'm happy for the players to rotate the focus and continue scoring as a team.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:06 pm

He's scored more goals than the rest of our strikers.

You must think rose, Davies and Graham are garbage then? :roll:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

He's scored more goals than the rest of our strikers.

You must think rose, Davies and Graham are garbage then? :roll:

Not garbage but they're not very good. You have to be looking to improve the side all the time as I'm sure DF is, he knows and you know that if we had a decent striker we'd be top.
Walker had 5(FIVE) chances in those highlights and finished none, his conversion rate is poor, hence DF wanting a striker in January. Whether he'll tempt one that's any better is a different matter.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Unbelievable Jeff :roll:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:39 pm

To me Tyler Walker is a number ten, in the Beardsley role more than that of a number nine. Walker is there to bring into play with his movement, touch and positioning the traditional number 9. Though the two we have, Rose and Davies, have not come up with goods so far. Had they been doing so the perception of Tyler Walker to many would be extremely differing. He would be lauded as the ‘man behind the goal machine’.

Tyler came here firstly to continue his football education and develop as a player. Not as the finished article to fire us to promotion. Forest have entrusted us with ‘One of their own’ to expand his football horizons and develop him in a way that could not possibly happen whilst sat on the bench at the city ground.

The pre-season friendlies when we first saw him had some of the most breathtaking football we have seen at Field Mill for many a year in which Tyler more than played his part. Though when the ‘agricultural’ style of football commenced in the league, like all young players he had needed to learn and adapt.

Because he isn’t running himself into the ground, because he isn’t chasing lost causes, because she isn’t thumping his chest isn’t down to a lack of interest or effort it is because he knows where to be and when to be there. But he has had to adapt to life in division 2 where ‘footballers’ are at times a scarcity.

He is our top scorer and a name on the team sheet every game. Long may it continue though I think that the best is yet to come from him.
Last edited by I am Spartacus on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:40 pm

And it’s about time he had his own song!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Walker is doing just fine, but I do not understand for the life of me how he gets in the player of the month award ahead of Pearce or Bishop - in fact, as much as I like Walker, he'd not make my top 5 Stags performers in November. This is not a go at Walker, but a reflection of how well we have played as well as how clueless those who shortlist these awards are. However, Walker clearly is a talented lad and I am sure will play at a higher level.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum