{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shrimps Scorefred sponsored by Leave them shell shocked

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shrimps Scorefred sponsored by Leave them shell shocked

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Sneag wrote:This time wssting is embarrassing

Yeah we’re awful at it
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:49 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Conker wrote:I'm so happy we have managed to hold on, but I just feel like it's another 'paper over the cracks' victory like Carlisle - Hope I am wrong and we give MK Dons a good beating on saturday.

It's a good three points against a Morecombe team who played pretty well though.

Agree. We don't exactly scare teams at the moment, nor are we ever a nailed on dead cert for a win.

Good win and much needed. We’re not playing with the fluency, composure or confidence of a top side hopefully a few wins will build that
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:49 pm

Great 3pts, Good win
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:49 pm

adamstag wrote:We bloody won. And away

Get your lottery numbers on!

Happy days. Totally thrilled, looked good and composed and did what needed to be done.

Delighted.

Indeed, thankfully we'll be spared your mantra for a few more days, still it'll be Saturday soon enough, you might as well keep those knives ready.

Probably one of our poorest displays of the season, really poor in front of goal and as much as I am a fan of CJ he did all the hard work and then stuffed it up time and time again. Preston's distribution was woeful but Bishop was outstanding.

We were so nervous in the last 20, understandable after so many points had been thrown away, hopefully this will give them more confidence because I think we have a really good side just lacking that killer instinct.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Excellent away win, well done Stags
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:50 pm

That was a proper away performance tonight. Bit of daft time wasting at the death, but I thought we controlled the game once we went in front.

Only downside was although the front 2 did okay outside the box, they never looked dangerous in it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Happy days. Totally thrilled, looked good and composed and did what needed to be done.

Delighted.

So am I and I am pleased you are too Adam.

Let's hope this is a turning point.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:51 pm

Up to 11th with two winnable games in hand.

See what Saturday brings.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 pm

3pts away fantastic result!!
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:53 pm

Rob wrote:

Delighted.

Indeed, thankfully we'll be spared your mantra for a few more days, still it'll be Saturday soon enough, you might as well keep those knives ready.

Probably one of our poorest displays of the season, really poor in front of goal and as much as I am a fan of CJ he did all the hard work and then stuffed it up time and time again. Preston's distribution was woeful but Bishop was outstanding.

We were so nervous in the last 20, understandable after so many points had been thrown away, hopefully this will give them more confidence because I think we have a really good side just lacking that killer instinct.

They’re given the stick on what they’ve prodigies previously for legitimate reasons, and today shouldn’t detract from that. By and large what has been commented on is legitimate.

Anyway, a win is win. We needed it for many reasons and it’s about time we won a game.
Last edited by adamstag on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:53 pm

Onwards and upwards, now let’s beat MK Dons on Saturday.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Delighted.

I’m pleased we’ve gone 1-0 up and not fell into the same trap we normally do and don’t win.

Holding on could be a massive confidence
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Got to be happy with that result. Very comfortable second half and should have won it by more goals.
Need to back it up on Saturday now and beat one of the top teams!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Christ. We just won on the road. Morecambe is a tough place to go. We held on when we wouldn't usually hold on.

Cheer up you miserable lot!
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 pm

Great win :D Also be good if so called 'fans' stopped making digs at others who have criticised our manager...As I have said before, we all want the same thing! Onwards and upwards :coys:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Rob wrote:

Delighted.

Let’s be honest only against Newport and Northampton have we not been poor in front of goal.

Rose/Walker/CJ/Khan are really letting us down in that department.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:02 pm

adamstag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Delighted.

They’re given the stick on what they’ve prodigies previously for legitimate reasons, and today shouldn’t detract from that. By and large what has been commented on is legitimate.

Anyway, a win is win. We needed it for many reasons and it’s about time we won a game.

You truly are a ray of sunshine on here. Away win and you’re still dripping like a septic minge. Get a grip.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Great win :D Also be good if so called 'fans' stopped making digs at others who have criticised our manager...As I have said before, we all want the same thing! Onwards and upwards :coys:

Hilarious :lol: You want the manager sacked, you bang on about it constantly, I certainly don't want the same thing as you!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:04 pm

adamstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Delighted.

I’m pleased we’ve gone 1-0 up and not fell into the same trap we normally do and don’t win.

Holding on could be a massive confidence
I think so to. Let's hope they have got out of the habit of conceding late goals. This could be a pivotal moment in the season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:06 pm

That’s a great 3 points away on a cold Tuesday night, well done to the team and the 144 folks who went to Morecambe.

We still lack potency up front but I think nearly every team in this division has the same issue. It’ll be a tight league and it’s all still to play for COYS
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:07 pm

On way back from the game with three points. Boys worked hard all over the field against a hard working yet poor home side. We worked the ball well but again finishing was poor and decision making in front of goal was frustrating. Defence looked tight but yet again some very poor bookings picked up by our players. Won ugly but against better opposition who knows. We'll done to all who travelled, the late goal hoodoo broken. 3pts is what was needed and that has been achieved so well done Stags.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Harrington St Hero wrote:That’s a great 3 points away on a cold Tuesday night, well done to the team and the 144 folks who went to Morecambe.

We still lack potency up front but I think nearly every team in this division has the same issue. It’ll be a tight league and it’s all still to play for COYS

I played cricket against Phil Stant this summer, how many would he score in this team, he is exactly what we need, no cocking about, smash.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Some of you are literally just the other side of the same coin, why not just keep it to a proper discussion about this game, our performance - what it could mean for our next game?

I get it some of you are upset people have different opinions about DF, etc etc but why the raspberry does that matter in this thread? This problem will persist until you look in the mirror.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Conker wrote:Some of you are literally just the other side of the same coin, why not just keep it to a proper discussion about this game, our performance - what it could mean for our next game?

I get it some of you are upset people have different opinions about DF, etc etc but why the raspberry does that matter in this thread? This problem will persist until you look in the mirror.

Yeah thanks for that, it really added to the debate :lol: I take it you haven't read the bile filled score threads of games we haven't won then!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Rob wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Great win :D Also be good if so called 'fans' stopped making digs at others who have criticised our manager...As I have said before, we all want the same thing! Onwards and upwards :coys:

Hilarious :lol: You want the manager sacked, you bang on about it constantly, I certainly don't want the same thing as you!

'I am not a df fan because his results are poor. I can understand people saying to hold off on sacking him though because we dont want the reputation as a sacking club.'

The above is what I posted yesterday. I have an opinion that DF has done a poor job (which he has) but hardly been 'banging on about it constantly'. My total posts on here prove that wrong for a start. We won, I am delighted at that. Is that ok with you? Christ. :roll:
On a different note. Think this formation works well away. We are solid and hard to break down. Would prefer to see us alter it slightly at home in order to create more though.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum