{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Can Stags finish in the TOP 3 ? (Be Wembley Winners?)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Can Stags finish in the TOP 3 ?

Postby Big yella » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:20 pm

abc wrote:
Big yella wrote:
abc wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
You are literally unbelievable. What a clown.

I just love the way all the Flitcroft out brigade always slip in the "I want him to do well" line just before or just after the assassination attempt of a manager who has lost once in the league all season and is one point off the automatic promotion places.

Akin to your constant assassination of one of our forwards ?

No, I don't try and hide behind false platitudes. I've never liked Rose's diving, always thought he was over rated, and once he disrespected the club with his transfer request three days before the season started I wanted him gone and still do. So nothing at like those hiding behind their falseness.

I've wanted Flipflop gone since he ruined last season, now the team has picked up a bit could I change my mind or would that be a false platitude ???

No this is a false platitude, you may recognise it.

So those of us that are not in the happy clapper brigade aren't real fans ? Just because some are't getting carried away by one decent win doesn't mean they are negative, more realistic. As I have said in a previous post I really hope Flipflop proves us doubters wrong.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:35 pm

abc wrote:
I've wanted Flipflop gone since he ruined last season, now the team has picked up a bit could I change my mind or would that be a false platitude ???

Could you look at yourself in the mirror and live with that, Abc? ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:48 pm

I thought this was a message board where you could have opinions, bellwhif just calls people names, Spartacus bores you to death with ramblings, when I've sat next to him at Bury, and believe me he was NOT praising DF ,s style of play that day and a few others, and big yellow hates Rose so much he may need security to get from his car to the dressing room door.
Last edited by old ram stag on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:00 pm

old ram stag wrote:I thought this was a message board where you could have opinions, bellwhif just calls people names, Spartacus bores you to death with ramblings when I've sat next to him at bury and believe me he was NOT praising DF ,s style of play that day and a few others, and big yellow hates Rose so much he may need security to get from his car to the dressing room door.

Why thank you. That is the nicest thing you have ever said about me.

And yes, at Bury, I was not a happy gladiator. Far from it.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:26 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
old ram stag wrote:I thought this was a message board where you could have opinions, bellwhif just calls people names, Spartacus bores you to death with ramblings when I've sat next to him at bury and believe me he was NOT praising DF ,s style of play that day and a few others, and big yellow hates Rose so much he may need security to get from his car to the dressing room door.

Why thank you. That is the nicest thing you have ever said about me.

And yes, at Bury, I was not a happy gladiator. Far from it.

Understandable given that Carolyn attended the game without her paddling pool full of lime green jelly. ;)
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:11 am

I asked in my earlier post for views from abc and old ram Stag. I think we now have that and I think it’s clear that the majority feel really positive. ABCs constant use of the name Flipflop is indicative of his views on DF

I suppose all I am trying to say is the club is improving , I think that’s clear to everyone and we are playing some great stuff. DF has also shown a commitment to youth which is commendable

Whatever happens at Charlton and Lincoln I still believe we will go up. If we lose one or both of those games I’m sure we’ll hear plenty from the two serial whiners.

COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:21 am

yorkstag wrote:I asked in my earlier post for views from abc and old ram Stag. I think we now have that and I think it’s clear that the majority feel really positive. ABCs constant use of the name Flipflop is indicative of his views on DF

I suppose all I am trying to say is the club is improving , I think that’s clear to everyone and we are playing some great stuff. DF has also shown a commitment to youth which is commendable

Whatever happens at Charlton and Lincoln I still believe we will go up. If we lose one or both of those games I’m sure we’ll hear plenty from the two serial whiners.

COYS

If I choose to refer to 'Dave' as Flipflop that is my prerogative, I don't give a damn what you think, so cut out the wanna be bully boy tactics. I was at the game on Saturday, I will be at Lincoln, I will continue to follow the club as I have done for the last 40 odd years. Just because I choose to have an opinion that is not totally in line with some doesn't give you the right to attempt to create some sort of mob mentality to drive the nay sayers out of town.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby old ram stag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:27 am

I think some in the pro DF camp often let themselves down by finishing their points with a little insult, Yorkie your post was valid but you then spoil it by calling us serial whiners, as if to say your view is correct and other views are just moaning. I will say again DF plays some quality football but I hate the hold on phase 11 back for corners which have lost us so many points.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:01 pm

There was a 10 minute phase during Saturday's game around 70 mins where we slowed down & looked a bit clumsy and indecisive, but tbf we finished the game strongly. I think we still have a way to go instilling the win at all costs attitude, but our team spirit / grittiness seems better than it was this time last year....
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:05 pm

old ram stag wrote:I think some in the pro DF camp often let themselves down by finishing their points with a little insult, Yorkie your post was valid but you then spoil it by calling us serial whiners, as if to say your view is correct and other views are just moaning. I will say again DF plays some quality football but I hate the hold on phase 11 back for corners which have lost us so many points.

True, but being branded a happy clapper ain't exactly a badge of honour either! :P

Maybe both are guilty of it?
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:07 pm

abc wrote:
yorkstag wrote:I asked in my earlier post for views from abc and old ram Stag. I think we now have that and I think it’s clear that the majority feel really positive. ABCs constant use of the name Flipflop is indicative of his views on DF

COYS

If I choose to refer to 'Dave' as Flipflop that is my prerogative, I don't give a damn what you think, so cut out the wanna be bully boy tactics. I was at the game on Saturday, I will be at Lincoln, I will continue to follow the club as I have done for the last 40 odd years. Just because I choose to have an opinion that is not totally in line with some doesn't give you the right to attempt to create some sort of mob mentality to drive the nay sayers out of town.

Of course it’s up to you what you call DF. But your constant use of “flip flop” is not novel (if it ever was) and makes you seem to be an absolute idiot.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
abc wrote:

COYS

Of course it’s up to you what you call DF. But your constant use of “flip flop” is not novel (if it ever was) and makes you seem to be an absolute idiot.

Who rattled your petticoat ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:29 pm

abc wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
abc wrote:

COYS

Who rattled your petticoat ?

“Members of the Jury - I rest my case”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 pm

so abc when you refer to nay sayers I assume that's you ( your words) and old ram stag I didn't insult you so I assume you identify as a serial whiner. Which I would guess based on your posts you both are...and abc you can call Df Flipflop but please don't pretend that's anything other than an insult.

Please stop trying to insinuate fans who are optimistic and positive are happy clappers - some of us are just positive about where we are . Try it

And yes I will be at Lincoln....just support the club , manager and players

COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:07 pm

yorkstag wrote:so abc when you refer to nay sayers I assume that's you ( your words) and old ram stag I didn't insult you so I assume you identify as a serial whiner. Which I would guess based on your posts you both are...and abc you can call Df Flipflop but please don't pretend that's anything other than an insult.

Please stop trying to insinuate fans who are optimistic and positive are happy clappers - some of us are just positive about where we are . Try it

COYS

There you go again trying to tell folk exactly how they should be supporting the club and what we should be thinking and saying. Who do you think you are ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:41 pm

abc wrote:
yorkstag wrote:so abc when you refer to nay sayers I assume that's you ( your words) and old ram stag I didn't insult you so I assume you identify as a serial whiner. Which I would guess based on your posts you both are...and abc you can call Df Flipflop but please don't pretend that's anything other than an insult.

COYS

There you go again trying to tell folk exactly how they should be supporting the club and what we should be thinking and saying. Who do you think you are ?

oh cheer up you miserable old goat
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:49 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
abc wrote:

COYS

There you go again trying to tell folk exactly how they should be supporting the club and what we should be thinking and saying. Who do you think you are ?[/quot

oh cheer up you miserable old goat

:lol: :lol:

pessimistic
/ˌpɛsɪˈmɪstɪk/Submit
adjective
tending to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen.
"he was pessimistic about the prospects"
synonyms: gloomy, negative, defeatist, downbeat, gloom-ridden, cynical, bleak, fatalistic, dark, black, despairing, despondent, depressed, dejected, demoralized, hopeless, melancholy, glum, lugubrious, suspicious, distrustful, doubting, alarmist; informalgiven to looking on the black side
"a pessimistic outlook on life"
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:20 pm

No it is quite possible to finish in top 2
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Yes

With a few two nil wins added also
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:57 pm

If we invest in a decent striker in January it will become more likely.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:26 pm

I'm assuming 81 points will be enough for automatic promotion, TOP 3 finish.

Current Table
PLD.....W......D.....L......PTS.......PPG

Required for 81 points
PLD.....W.....D.......L......PTS......PPG
Based on our current PPG 1.68 we would finish on 77 points, which is in the play-offs.

In our last 10 league games we've averaged PPG 1.8 :clap:

Only 1 defeat in Flitcroft's last 24 League games ;)
Won 9
Drawn 14
Lost 1

What a performance by Krystian Pearce today :clap:

:coys:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:28 pm

thanks for your work Kirkby stag! love seeing these in the current form were in.

1 defeat in 24 not bad that ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:05 pm

I'm assuming 81 points will be enough for automatic promotion, TOP 3 finish.

Current Table
PLD.....W......D.....L......PTS.......PPG

Required for 81 points
PLD.....W.....D.......L......PTS......PPG
Based on our current PPG 1.75 we would finish on 80.5 points, which is usually Top 3 :D .

In our last 10 league games we've averaged PPG 2.0 :clap:

Only 1 defeat in Flitcroft's last 25 League games ;)
Won 10
Drawn 14
Lost 1

Well deserved Players Xmas Party in London tonight

KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:10 pm

KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 am

Lincoln, MK Dons, Colchester and Bury all good teams. In fact I think the top teams are better this season than last. We will need for two of these teams to falter and sign a striker who will score goals for us on a regular basis.

I think a playoff place is more realistic. If we do achieve that we will have improved on last season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum