{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Keith Curle

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Keith Curle

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:29 pm

oldweststander wrote:Opinions again, mostly from people who never met him.

Ooo friend
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Well they didn't "earn the right" Saturday, Keith's favourite phrase.

One match too late, you'll have to go to Northampton away now to berate him Rob :lol:

I think we've been over this bridge many times Woody :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:29 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Whether he was a nice guy or not has no impact on whether he's a good manager.

He wasn’t a good manager or a nice guy.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Yes Amber.

Seemed friendly enough
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Met him on several occasions and he always had time to speak and came across very well.

Good manager, he was a 'close call' decision away from promotion and I still rank the 3-1 win at Huddersfield a few weeks previous to the play offs as the best away display I have attended.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:Met him on several occasions and he always had time to speak and came across very well.

Good manager, he was a 'close call' decision away from promotion and I still rank the 3-1 win at Huddersfield a few weeks previous to the play offs as the best away display I have attended.

It was 4-1 and I agree, we completely destroyed them in front of 20,000 people!!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:50 pm

Conker wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:Met him on several occasions and he always had time to speak and came across very well.

It was 4-1 and I agree, we completely destroyed them in front of 20,000 people!!

3-1.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:59 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Conker wrote:

3-1.

And only 18600 people :lol:
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Jamie wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
Conker wrote:

3-1.

And only 18600 people :lol:

1700 of them from Mansfield.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:33 pm

18,633 (1745)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:34 pm

A good article on Keith Curle reflecting on his time as manager of Carlisle from 2014-2018.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/173 ... td-tenure/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:43 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:I liked the guy, good choice IMO.

I tried to talk to him at a Stags open day, he completely blanked me, and walked away.

Most unapproachable Stags manager I ever came across.

In fact I got a much warmer reception from Paul Cook when I meet him in a restaurant, even though I told him I was a Stags fan.

Curle always was an arrogant waster. He was the most arrogant player I’ve ever seen.

Not quite, surely you haven't forgotten Cartoon Palmer
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 am

Call him what you like, he did us a big favour Sat by tonking Carlisle.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:48 am

The only thing I had against Curle was listening to his interviews.He spoke too quickly and was painful to listen to.Would not want him back here.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 am

pemill wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:I liked the guy, good choice IMO.

I tried to talk to him at a Stags open day, he completely blanked me, and walked away.

Most unapproachable Stags manager I ever came across.

In fact I got a much warmer reception from Paul Cook when I meet him in a restaurant, even though I told him I was a Stags fan.

Curle always was an arrogant waster. He was the most arrogant player I’ve ever seen.

Not quite, surely you haven't forgotten Cartoon Palmer

The same Keith Curle who tried, whilst playing for Sheffield United, to get a game abandoned trying his upmost to get sent off

A fan of him or not I do recall and was stunned way back when at an away game at Chester City hearing Stags fans racially abusing him with stewards refusing to get involved due to fact they were outnumbered
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 am

Keith Curle has had his drinking problems like a lot of footballers and managers. I've been told by fans that the likes of Kevin Nolan, John Sheridan and Paul Cook also like a drink. He was probably an alcoholic when he was managing the Stags. He is a strange character but he always seems to talk honestly about his experiences.

I was talking to an experienced non-league player from Sheffield about John Sheridan and he said he was an old school manager - a drinker and a gambler :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ny-sansom/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm

stagone1959 wrote:I thought he was a plonk with an ego the size of a house,as far as he was concerned if he didn't sign you then you were rubbish,he should have got us up automatically and far from blooding youngsters he alienated most of them with his I am God and you are rubbish approach.Anyone who didn't rate Bobby Hassell is a plonk.

:oops: :oops: That'll be David Flitcroft then....
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:17 am

Keith Curle speaks about his court battle with Hasloan.

“If you are accused of something, you can do no more than take it to the appropriate avenue and you win every single point of order.”

“I think there were 18 points of order that went to court, and I won every single one of them."

“I still see the previous owner in and around Sheffield, and the conversations are pretty short.”

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/spor ... -1-8888634
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:31 am

That is a race to the bottom with those couple of helmets
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum