{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Notts County

Postby Conker » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Good news for us if they are back in form, they have MK Dons and Stockport left to play.

Be very surprised if they get owt from either.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:15 am

Maybe they are trying Chesterfield's approach. Wait for the good teams to get promoted and wait until you are the biggest fish left.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:49 pm

Officially the worst team in Notts. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:20 pm

he’s gotta be on his bike soon
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:45 pm

Following Nigel's interview on Radio Nottingham came the big build up from Stallard and co.
For today's Notts C game v Salford. All the clichés were there re we've turned the corner and are ready to charge towards the play offs, oh dear, wrong.

Hope they do better when they play Stockport very soon.
Last edited by oldweststander on Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:19 am

Improbably saw the last 30 minutes if the Salford game, and the goalkeeping and defending was comical. Elliot Watt should have scored from 40 yards... They have a pattern for playing out from the back, and it's been sussed... They need to spend big money to be challengers next year, they have just lost their last 5 home games, and I think the supporters have realised that maybe League 2 is a step up from the Conference (finally).
I think Chesterfield could be in fo a shock next season too.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hon Sec » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:04 pm

Gruff wrote:Improbably saw the last 30 minutes if the Salford game, and the goalkeeping and defending was comical. Elliot Watt should have scored from 40 yards... They have a pattern for playing out from the back, and it's been sussed... They need to spend big money to be challengers next year, they have just lost their last 5 home games, and I think the supporters have realised that maybe League 2 is a step up from the Conference (finally).

Chesterfield have got a few players who are too good for the Conference and have played at a higher level so with additions they will probably be ok.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:40 pm

Hon Sec wrote:
Gruff wrote:Improbably saw the last 30 minutes if the Salford game, and the goalkeeping and defending was comical. Elliot Watt should have scored from 40 yards... They have a pattern for playing out from the back, and it's been sussed... They need to spend big money to be challengers next year, they have just lost their last 5 home games, and I think the supporters have realised that maybe League 2 is a step up from the Conference (finally).

Chesterfield have got a few players who are too good for the Conference and have played at a higher level so with additions they will probably be ok.

County have. But their back four is shocking, and since Palmer got injured they had nobody to protect that back four.

Chesterfield's back four is much worse than County's and is "protected" by Naylor and Jones who are both the wrong side of 33 years old.
They need to be very active on the defensive side in the transfer market or they will be in for a shock.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:08 pm

I do like listening to Mickey Pearce's post match interview. "I fought we did good. I tink the players gave everyfink" What a plonker.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby George34 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:53 pm

George34 wrote:4 points from 2 games, the galacticos are back, and maynard is a master tactician all of a sudden!
play off push imminent! :roll: :roll: :roll:

back to normal: maynard is a clown, players are all crap, lucky to escape relegation this season, all because palmer has been out of action since august/september/october/whenever, guaranteed promotion if he was still fit, refs all hate us, jones is best player in europe,promotion next season definitely! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
George34
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:07 pm

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/20 ... rd-050424/

This has gone down like a lead balloon. The owners basically saying they’re keeping Maynard and to back him because the stats say so!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:12 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:24 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:wow, this is spectacular nonsense

I blame Musings and Tippy ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:25 pm

Should have released it on April 1st
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:34 pm

Rob wrote:

I blame Musings and Tippy ;)

Members of the XG club :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:51 pm

Sounds good to me , after competing in league 2 after 4 seasons in non-league football, no knee jerk reaction to consolidating the clubs position in league football again.
Notts County have some good players and lost their manager to a club in the championship.
Giving the new manager time to improve the squad, and we all know defence was their weakness.
Picking a new manager was the owners big decision,and giving him time to move forward after a summer transfer window seems sound to me.
Notts can put their resources in the playing side, their ground is ready for higher league football.
We have failed this year, so we try again next season, always a good response, progress is always key, one step at a time and you will get there
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFC Man » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:12 pm

Unlike many, I don’t think Maynard is the problem at Notts. He inherited a side that couldn’t defend and were one of the most out of form teams in the league. The fans all worship Williams when in reality he wasn’t very successful once they’re run of about 6 games came to an end and they had to actually defend against us. Once we dismantled them they haven’t been the same since. Notts fans seem to think that things started going wrong when Maynard was appointed but in reality it was much before then. I actually think Maynard is a good manager and rate him from his time at Wealdstone but now the fanbase is up against him, he is going to struggle massively to rebuild Notts and win the fans back over. They need a whole new defence and I imagine a lot of they’re attacking talent will leave and he’ll have to recruit a whole new team. It will be a struggle for him to sign that many players and have then playing the way he wants too before the start of next season and if he doesn’t hit the ground running Notts fans will be calling for his sacking.
MTFC Man
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:17 pm

MTFC Man wrote:Unlike many, I don’t think Maynard is the problem at Notts. He inherited a side that couldn’t defend and were one of the most out of form teams in the league. The fans all worship Williams when in reality he wasn’t very successful once they’re run of about 6 games came to an end and they had to actually defend against us. Once we dismantled them they haven’t been the same since. Notts fans seem to think that things started going wrong when Maynard was appointed but in reality it was much before then. I actually think Maynard is a good manager and rate him from his time at Wealdstone but now the fanbase is up against him, he is going to struggle massively to rebuild Notts and win the fans back over. They need a whole new defence and I imagine a lot of they’re attacking talent will leave and he’ll have to recruit a whole new team. It will be a struggle for him to sign that many players and have then playing the way he wants too before the start of next season and if he doesn’t hit the ground running Notts fans will be calling for his sacking.

They already are.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Johan » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:55 am

It speak volumes that Notts are having to make this statement.

I feel for Maynard a bit. He inherited a team with defensive frailties so large you could drive a bus through them. And he’s not in charge of player recruitment - yet if the summer transfer window doesn’t go well, he’ll take all of the blame.
Johan
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:10 am

Ha, I was just coming on here to say how refreshing it was to see a club, albeit one I couldn’t care less about, taking this approach.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby mhs » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:27 am

Totally agree Musings. It's great to see the game moving on. I hope they find success, just to show some of the dinosaurs on here that things evolve.
Only joking fellas :)
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:47 am

I think chatting a load of rammel about their data model is just paying the fans lip service.

Stevie Wonder would be able to tell you their defence is terrible.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum