{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby spanishstag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Notts are not a good team ,your not bottom of the league if you are ,likewise we are not a bad side ,your not 2nd if you are ,its hopefully a bit of a fluke ,,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:06 pm

spanishstag wrote:Notts are not a good team ,your not bottom of the league if you are ,likewise we are not a bad side ,your not 2nd if you are ,its hopefully a bit of a fluke ,,

sensible post alert....
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby S7AGS » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:18 pm

yaxhamstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Notts are not a good team ,your not bottom of the league if you are ,likewise we are not a bad side ,your not 2nd if you are ,its hopefully a bit of a fluke ,,

sensible post alert....

Equally, you could argue that a load of the Notts team that got them rock bottom are now not involved and have 'better players' and that not all the players we have playing for us now got us to 2nd in the league!....
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:22 pm

True,but you can become a better team if you bring in the right players. I think it made a difference Mackail- Smith and Stead starting against us and not Newport. Equally you can become a worse team if vital players are missing or not performing to their potential. Get my drift? Hopefully we can get back to winnings ways.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:42 pm

CMS ,will never play as well again for nutts as he did against us ,he must be in an oxygen tent after his efforts against us ,in fact he was a sub last night ,the others played like men possessed ,that wont last long ,ok against the top 3 but when it comed down to the run of the mill games they will fail ,we just played them when they were on a high,no excuse for us but it happens ,were still one of the best teams in this division ,no matter who says otherwise ,and there arent many by the way ,we will be top 3 no worries
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:54 pm

spanishstag wrote:CMS ,will never play as well again for nutts as he did against us ,he must be in an oxygen tent after his efforts against us ,in fact he was a sub last night ,the others played like men possessed ,that wont last long ,ok against the top 3 but when it comed down to the run of the mill games they will fail ,we just played them when they were on a high,no excuse for us but it happens ,were still one of the best teams in this division ,no matter who says otherwise ,and there arent many by the way ,we will be top 3 no worries
I hope you are right. Saturday's game is pivotal. Win and we are back on track. Lose, I think we could be in trouble in terms of top three.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:34 pm

I’m banking on the belief that we simply CANNOT play as badly again.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:37 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m banking on the belief that we simply CANNOT play as badly again.

Fair call Edders that.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m banking on the belief that we simply CANNOT play as badly again.

I sincerely hope you're right.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:51 am

Amber Andy wrote:

True,but you can become a better team if you bring in the right players. I think it made a difference Mackail- Smith and Stead starting against us and not Newport. Equally you can become a worse team if vital players are missing or not performing to their potential. Get my drift? Hopefully we can get back to winnings ways.

8 new players doesn't improve a rubbish team if that was the case there's still 3 positions that need covering by the 8 decent players n not counting players sat on the bench waiting to come on when 3 of the 8 run out of steam in 90+ minutes.....

County are still what they are a club with no money n ageing fan base sat at the bottom of the league n conference bound.....

We seen it last season with the sheep warriors we've witnessed it ourselves in 2008 n we all know your sat there for a reason it's not beating n drawing with the top 3 or 4 clubs they've got to beat the teams around them to survive......

Last Saturday was a fluke 9 out of 10 games we would beat the bedwetters with our squad....

COYS
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Contrast of emotions from Claude and Lukomski on his blogs of Sat (ultimate high of beating Mansfield for the 1st time in a lifetime) and Tues (four massive bumps back to reality). You have to hand it to Claude and Lukomski though they remained remarkably upbeat post Newport.
I'd like to see him travel to Prenton Park and see his vlog after but I don't reckon he'll go. Rovers will want revenge for their defeat at ML so Clownty'll do well to return with anything.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:59 pm

They won there game of the season ,they deny it ,but my god they hate us with a passion ,six fingered friends ,inbreds ,they hate it when were doing well ,cant see them getting owt at tranny rovers really ,then as every game goes past nil points becomes even more important than the last ,i hope the next time i visit the mother in law its a lovely trip stags up nutts non league sounds kinda nice really :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Yeovil to beat Cambridge at home, and County to lose to a Tranmere side wanting to get in the playoffs. County find themselves 5 points adrift again and it'll be like Lincoln, Forest Green and us never happened for them!
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:04 pm

At the moment Yeovil look doomed. Their form is LLLLLLL since they beat the Stags. They have some massive fixtures in the next month starting with the home game against Cambridge United tomorrow:

Cambridge United (H)
Morecambe (H)
Lincoln City (A)
Port Vale (A)
Macclesfield Town (H)
Milton Keynes Dons (A)
Newport County (H)

Port Vale also need to start picking up some wins. Their form is LWLDLLL
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:09 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

8 new players doesn't improve a rubbish team if that was the case there's still 3 positions that need covering by the 8 decent players n not counting players sat on the bench waiting to come on when 3 of the 8 run out of steam in 90+ minutes.....

County are still what they are a club with no money n ageing fan base sat at the bottom of the league n conference bound.....

We seen it last season with the sheep warriors we've witnessed it ourselves in 2008 n we all know your sat there for a reason it's not beating n drawing with the top 3 or 4 clubs they've got to beat the teams around them to survive......

Last Saturday was a fluke 9 out of 10 games we would beat the bedwetters with our squad....

COYS

Of course new players ( if they are better than the existing players ) will improve any team. It's just a matter of how much they improve the team. If they improve them significantly the team will move up the league. Eight new players would be over two thirds of the starting line up.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:34 am

Amber Andy wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

COYS

Of course new players ( if they are better than the existing players ) will improve any team. It's just a matter of how much they improve the team. If they improve them significantly the team will move up the league. Eight new players would be over two thirds of the starting line up.

Have you worked in a team Andy where 2 or 3 arnt pulling their weight or arnt good enough to see the end result?? 2 or 3 days a week these people can be carried but after a while the end result becomes further away... n it's due for the rest trying to cover the ones who arnt good enough....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:18 pm

Poor wee lambs lost again today. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby e4d0 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:56 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Poor wee lambs lost again today. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Hang on.....They beat us and were heading for the playoffs last weekend. What's gone wrong? :lol: :lol: :lol:
e4d0
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:30 am

A sky reporter is claiming Notts County are under threat of administration due to Big al company being in serious debt. Not sure if it’s true, definitely out the blue.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:33 am

Apparently, Paragon are in financial difficulties and may call in the administrators (Source: Sky Sports News reporter Rob Dorsett).

If that were to happen, then the administrators will probably call in any Paragon loans to Notts County. I guess we'll see if Alan Hardy ploughed the money in, or Paragon.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yellafella » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:36 am

7 million in loans apparently, would any prospective buyer be willing to take that on? If they were to go into administration, would any points deduction be applied this season or next?
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yellafella » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:52 am

yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jimstag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:53 am

Scary stuff, I would be fine with them going down but going out of business would be very sad. Thank god the Radfords came in and saved us when they did!
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Conker wrote:A sky reporter is claiming Notts County are under threat of administration due to Big al company being in serious debt. Not sure if it’s true, definitely out the blue.

Not really, there's been a group of lads on twitter who have been warning about this for a good year or so.

Gruff wrote:Apparently, Paragon are in financial difficulties and may call in the administrators (Source: Sky Sports News reporter Rob Dorsett).

If that were to happen, then the administrators will probably call in any Paragon loans to Notts County. I guess we'll see if Alan Hardy ploughed the money in, or Paragon.

Apparently it was Paragon loaning it to Notts with 4% interest on it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:17 pm

A lot can happen in 9 days clearly :lol:
Stag95
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum