{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County KEWELL SACKED

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:09 pm

When the going gets tough......

As soon as Clownty have won 2-3 games he'll be back on saying, 'we'll still make the playoffs'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Guess his humongous head finally exploded when he saw the league table
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:42 pm

@ProperFoot
Follow Follow @ProperFoot
More
Notts County

An offer has been made to preferred candidate Paul Hurst

Hurst has given stipulations & raised concerns

Chairman Alan Hardy announced tonight he is taking a “social media break” after suggesting 80% + of squad should be transfer listed

Both matters are related

7:36 PM - 18 Nov 2018
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Brilliant.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Dan wrote:@ProperFoot
More
Notts County

Chairman Alan Hardy announced tonight he is taking a “social media break” after suggesting 80% + of squad should be transfer listed

Both matters are related

only 46 followers on that twitter account. Do you know something we don't?

Are Hurst's stipulations that Hardy shuts his gob (hence the social media break), or that Hurst is allowed to replace 80% of the squad in January?
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:21 am

I'd imagine that Darrell Clarke is coming to the end of his time at Bristol Rovers, he'd be ideal for them.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:27 am

Marky Mark wrote:I'd imagine that Darrell Clarke is coming to the end of his time at Bristol Rovers, he'd be ideal for them.

No!
we don't want them getting anyone that might succeed
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:09 pm

It's a difficult job for anyone who takes it on. Survival has to be their main priority, whereas playoffs :hysteria:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:59 pm

give it to Mad Dog please, best christmas present ever mwahhhhhh
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Dan wrote:@ProperFoot
More
Notts County

Both matters are related

only 46 followers on that twitter account. Do you know something we don't?

Are Hurst's stipulations that Hardy shuts his gob (hence the social media break), or that Hurst is allowed to replace 80% of the squad in January?

That's my reading of it also, Martin.

I think while Hurst is mulling it over he wants AH silenced (probably long term), plus a chunk of money to do things his way in Jan.

If he joins it then becomes a question of how long AH remains silent on Twitter, especially if they start an unbeaten run. I sense a few of his Tweet taunts/rants will deter PH & the players, and if left unchecked Hursty will be off. Honestly think half of the club's problems are because of AH's unprofessional media approach which spreads like a virus into the club and team. Ie - why should they be the consummate club ambassador when Hardy isn't?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:36 pm

This looks like the reason why he has gone quiet :mrgreen:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/not ... ys-2235296
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:07 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Hurst odds on
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm

The One wrote:Hurst odds on

Of course! It’d be that hat-trick in the ‘66 World Cup that appeals to Hardy’s ego.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:34 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
The One wrote:Hurst odds on

Of course! It’d be that hat-trick in the ‘66 World Cup that appeals to Hardy’s ego.

Not to mention the pickled shark
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Sadly i think Hurst would be a quality appointment
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:58 pm

I can't see how they will attract players without overspending. If 80% of the squad is to leave, they would have to be sold for ffp to not kick in.

Why would a player go to a side who have changed managers twice. Hardy didn't even give kewell a transfer window.

They are the oldest league club but I personally can't see that as a reason. They are stuffed now.

Even my missus is aware, she doesn't want me to go on the 8th December because I "would be on the train home to Nottingham with a bunch of annoyed County fans who just lost 8-0" I said I'd be fine ill just kick the zimmer from under them if they start anything. :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I can't see how they will attract players without overspending. If 80% of the squad is to leave, they would have to be sold for ffp to not kick in.

Why would a player go to a side who have changed managers twice. Hardy didn't even give kewell a transfer window.

They are the oldest league club but I personally can't see that as a reason. They are stuffed now.

Even my missus is aware, she doesn't want me to go on the 8th December because I "would be on the train home to Nottingham with a bunch of annoyed County fans who just lost 8-0" I said I'd be fine ill just kick the zimmer from under them if they start anything. :lol:

it's also particularly hard to attract quality when you're second bottom in league two, as chesterfield found that out last year when they relied on young loans who had no experience of a relegation scrap
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:05 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I can't see how they will attract players without overspending. If 80% of the squad is to leave, they would have to be sold for ffp to not kick in.

I'd love it to be the case but we have to be realistic it should be no less than 10-0 :lol:

Seriously though I'm more wary of that fixture than the trip to the gimps at the weekend. Saturday we know we have to up our game, County will up their game against us due to the derby we however can't afford to be complacent.

Bish has been pivotal in many of the positive things this season but understandably has found memories from his time at County. I have no doubt he will remain professional when playing but who's to say he only puts in 95% of his usual shift? It could equally work in our favour and he puts an extra shift in.

We've already proven with trips and draws at Macclesfield and Cheltenham that no team down the bottom is a push over, Spireites also proved that last season at home. Coupled with a potential new manager bounce nothing (as much as I wish it could be) should be taken for granted.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:12 pm

I imagine if Bishop read that he would find it insulting. There's no way that bloke would give any less than 100%
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:57 pm

Stoney wrote:I imagine if Bishop read that he would find it insulting. There's no way that bloke would give any less than 100%

I did equally say it could work in our favour and he puts in an extra shift, i also said i have no doubt he'd remain professional (and it would be 100% professional) that would never be questioned, emotions in the heat of the moment are harder to control and could throw him off his game.

It's not intended as an insult to a player who quiet frankly has been a revelation for us this season. He is both an important and integral part of our team and to be blunt the man defies logic for the things he can do given his age. Its a fair point (amongst the others I listed) to discuss how the emotions of the game might or might not affect him.

He might secretly be a robot which is why age is no boundary for him, however I suspect like all of us he has emotions coupled with a secret weapon in the form of beetroot juice.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:59 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Stoney wrote:I imagine if Bishop read that he would find it insulting. There's no way that bloke would give any less than 100%

I did equally say it could work in our favour and he puts in an extra shift, i also said i have no doubt he'd remain professional (and it would be 100% professional) that would never be questioned, emotions in the heat of the moment are harder to control and could throw him off his game.

It's not intended as an insult to a player who quiet frankly has been a revelation for us this season. He is both an important and integral part of our team and to be blunt the man defies logic for the things he can do given his age. Its a fair point (amongst the others I listed) to discuss how the emotions of the game might or might not affect him.

He might secretly be a robot which is why age is no boundary for him, however I suspect like all of us he has emotions coupled with a secret weapon in the form of beetroot juice.

No way will Bish treat that game any different to any others I can guarantee you that 100%.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:21 am

Now Kewell's been sacked can we not return the thread title to Notts County?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 am

:lol: Agent Kane Hemmings doing a fine job :D After 18 games in and you be on your 4th Manager at Clownty :D

k Nolan , H Kewell Caretaker manager S Chettel and the new manger to be named :lol:

:lol: In just over a year Oxford manager SE & DF :lol:

Nickname Agent JINX :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 am

[quote="STAGS FOR LIFE"]:lol: Agent Kane Hemmings doing a fine job :D After 18 games in and you be on your 4th Manager at Clownty :D

k Nolan , H Kewell Caretaker manager S Chettel and the new manger to be named :lol:

:lol: In just over a year Oxford manager SE & DF :lol:

Nickname Agent JINX :lol:[/quote]

Don't forget his partner in crime Relegation Dennis both doing a fine job for club n county....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum