{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:03 pm

Spiritater wrote:Well that's one of the auto places in Lge 2 next season nailed on.

Won't affect us matey. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:18 pm

Spiritater wrote:Well that's one of the auto places in Lge 2 next season nailed on.

Are they any more different from Salford and Stockport with those expectations?
People go on about Wrexham having millions to spend, but they're only spending what they have made in revenue so far apparently - big deal with Disney + and the TikTok sponsorship....but Salford chuck a load of money at it and they haven't found it as easy as people thought they would.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:55 am

stagmanrob wrote:

Are they any more different from Salford and Stockport with those expectations?
People go on about Wrexham having millions to spend, but they're only spending what they have made in revenue so far apparently - big deal with Disney + and the TikTok sponsorship....but Salford chuck a load of money at it and they haven't found it as easy as people thought they would.

Watched them a few times this season and other than Tozer and Mullin the team are all meh...

For me their points total is a sign of how weak the league is not how good Wrexham are...

They should do well in the Welsh Premier league and Welsh Cup next year............

Oh......
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:54 am

Not one mention in this article about Wrexham's promotion of the actual Wrexham manager, but at least two mentions about an actor friend of the owners.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65361433
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Elkesley Stag » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:02 am

Marky Mark wrote:Not one mention in this article about Wrexham's promotion of the actual Wrexham manager, but at least two mentions about an actor friend of the owners.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65361433

The manager had to be persuaded to join because he did not want to be part of the circus . If the press keep asking and talking about the celebrity side of the club and ignoring him then he will be happy to stay in the background and spend the money the circus generates on players such as Mullin.
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:08 am

I got a pop up on my BBC News app when they won. I don’t think I even recall that when the PL is decided. The fawning is ridiculous and embarrassing. Just because some bloke decides to make a film.

I even had one mate who’s a United fan congratulating them in the same post that he slated City for “buying the Cup”. The hypocrisy was lost in him. Wrectum are a fake club.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:23 am

The difference from Man city to Wrectum is at least they are a British club unlike the football Foreign Legion that is Man City .... not sticking up for Wrectum by the way....
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:33 am

I'm glad to see Wrexham back, proper club who have served their time in the pit of misery and a proper ground to go to. Their recent history had many parallels to ours - dodgy owner, ground troubles, close to going out of business, relegated in the same season as us and then rescued by wealthy benefactors. Obviously I'd rather they didn't have all that money behind them, and every club deserves to be where they are but give me Wrexham over Sutton, Fleetwood, FGR, Crawley, Salford or any of that other plastic nonsense any day of any week.
Last edited by Marky Mark on Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:35 am

lol phase one complete

now for one of the tin pot teams to win the play offs & keep the bed wetters & raspberry down mwahhhhh
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:42 am

My biggest gripe is that the National League is still the National League. I had a mate tell me that the standard has gone through the roof since Stags were in it - the only Stags game he attended in the whole 5 years was the 'pay what you want' game, when folks were throwing a few coppers in the bucket.

The standard is still as relevant standard as it was ten years ago. It's still full of small clubs scratching a living together and former EFL clubs that are on their arses. So when you add a financial powerhouse that can blow every single National League club that has ever played it clean out of the water then frankly it's not a fairy tale.

I'm pleased for the long standing Wrexham fans who've gone through 15 (FIFTEEN) years in that hell hole, but don't give me the underdog story in a strong division. If it wasn't for Notts having such a good season then Wrexham's promotion and the subsequent w***fest would have been done before the winter was finished.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:49 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I got a pop up on my BBC News app when they won. I don’t think I even recall that when the PL is decided. The fawning is ridiculous and embarrassing. Just because some bloke decides to make a film.

I even had one mate who’s a United fan congratulating them in the same post that he slated City for “buying the Cup”. The hypocrisy was lost in him. Wrectum are a fake club.

Last sentence is utter s****..
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:55 pm

Oldamber66. i think youll find most premier clubs are full of foreigners as you put it. I think you need to move from the 70s
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:59 pm

Oladamber66 wrote:The difference from Man city to Wrectum is at least they are a British club unlike the football Foreign Legion that is Man City .... not sticking up for Wrectum by the way....

Hahaha

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:36 pm

As much as the Wrexham thing is a bit of a circus, I think it's fair to say the two owners appear to be wonderful human beings and have behaved with a lot of class.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65365433
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:53 am

Rob wrote:As much as the Wrexham thing is a bit of a circus, I think it's fair to say the two owners appear to be wonderful human beings and have behaved with a lot of class.

They are both really nice blokes. I spoke to them both after the Notts match & they were just two excitable guys. I’ve never seen any of their films so wasn’t as starstruck as some people were but they were really nice and have done so much for the whole town not just the football club and that’s being replicated in their new stand behind the goal too.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:40 am

Rob wrote:As much as the Wrexham thing is a bit of a circus, I think it's fair to say the two owners appear to be wonderful human beings and have behaved with a lot of class.

Yes I’ve said as such and I made a point of posting RR’s interview after the County game. I agree he’s not doing it for vanity. My issue is the hype and fawning surrounding him. Almost like he’s a white saviour.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:45 am

Clearly both nice guys and I respect that they value the community element. Only downside to me is that without their presence the national league will become a forgotten league once more, there’s many great stories there that won’t get any media coverage because the owner isn’t famous. If a team gets as many points as them next year I’m willing to bet they don’t get a tenth of the coverage for the achievement.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:15 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue May 02, 2023 8:43 am

:) The young man is getting excited . 8 mins 53 seconds

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 02, 2023 9:53 am

I can see Notts County missing out. Which would be an injustice, given the number of points they achieved.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue May 02, 2023 9:56 am

And it would be a better season for us to have them and our rivalry in League 2. I just don't get the fans who want to keep local rivals down. The financials and excitement of playing them instead of Rochdale, Crawley, Sutton, Barrow is a no brainer for me.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue May 02, 2023 10:16 am

I think it's more a case of wanting them to suffer down there for as long, if not longer than we had to.

At the time of our relegation both Notts and Spireites gave it the big 'un of "We'll never ever be Non-League like your lot."

I could cope with Notts coming back up, I don't dislike them anywhere near as much as they seem to with us....and that's only because they desperately want a rival and nobody wants them as one in return. Plus we always have a good record against them as well.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Tue May 02, 2023 10:18 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:And it would be a better season for us to have them and our rivalry in League 2. I just don't get the fans who want to keep local rivals down. The financials and excitement of playing them instead of Rochdale, Crawley, Sutton, Barrow is a no brainer for me.

Its quite simple when you have lived amongst them nutts fans are some of the most deluded i have ever known :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 02, 2023 10:36 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:And it would be a better season for us to have them and our rivalry in League 2. I just don't get the fans who want to keep local rivals down. The financials and excitement of playing them instead of Rochdale, Crawley, Sutton, Barrow is a no brainer for me.

Because as much as it hurts to say it, they'll both probably end up back in league one before we do
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 02, 2023 11:13 am

I tend to agree. However to have Notts County and Cheaterfield promoted the same season would be too much to take. I think one of them will be, probably our neighbours over the other side of the M1.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum