{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby stag861 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:24 am

Just had a look at Clownty's Football Mad web site. It's almost as bad as the Chad, scrolling up and down for no apparent reason. Even better their site sponsors are E-Bay. So that's where they're looking for players in January.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby manssmooth » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:25 am

SINA STAG wrote:
Spiritater wrote:ARLukomski's vlog is proper :hysteria:

https://youtu.be/XvE8__y9e70

I know you shouldn't laugh when when people are down, but........... that is just soooooooo funny! :lol:
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:52 am

manssmooth wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

I know you shouldn't laugh when when people are down, but........... that is just soooooooo funny! :lol:

I like the lad . His blogs are watchable unlike most I've seen , including some from our fans . He gives a honestl opinion , win , lose or draw . I feel his pain . We've been there and experienced the same thing . Football is for the fans . Owners , managers and players come and go and it's usually down to at least one of those that the club you love suffer .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:39 am

tmwilson wrote:
manssmooth wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

I like the lad . His blogs are watchable unlike most I've seen , including some from our fans . He gives a honestl opinion , win , lose or draw . I feel his pain . We've been there and experienced the same thing . Football is for the fans . Owners , managers and players come and go and it's usually down to at least one of those that the club you love suffer .

Quite right tmw
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:49 am

tmwilson wrote:
manssmooth wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

Couldn't have put it better.
He is a true fan just his bad luck he chose county!! Although as he lives local you've got to hold that against him. As a fellow fan, we've been there and feel his pain but its difficult to have sympathy for a countyite especially as their panto villian chairman deserves all they are getting.
Still just highlights how lucky we are and all that we should be thankful for.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jimstag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:50 am

There’s some fans that deserve it and others that don’t. I haven’t seen the lad when things are going well but feel for him a bit at the moment, someone take his shoelaces off him please! That said there’s a county fan at work who’s a complete kumquat who is quite hilarious to watch at the moment.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:32 am

I see Claude Greengrass had a guest appearance again lol
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:45 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Apparently it was very dispairing stuff down the lane today. Possibly the biggest Janny-Tranny window in their clubs history because if they don't have a good.one they are down.

Sounds like a performer out in Benidorm! :P

I would love to know the real reason behind their demise. Sounds like the dressing room is more 'lost' than a C4 series about a plane crash on a tropical island

Easy, they have an egotistical idiot in charge, who thinks running a club is all about him and his Twitter account. Compare that to our Chairman, when was the last time you heard JR's view on anything? I can tell you, at an evening with event, where you should hear his views and nowhere else. When people were screaming for DF's head, there were no press statements and no tweets, just a dignified silence and getting on with the job.

We have a Chairman who is grateful, if slightly embarrassed, by our adulation for him. They have one actively seeking it, and believing he deserves it.

Easiest answered question all year.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:02 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Apparently it was very dispairing stuff down the lane today. Possibly the biggest Janny-Tranny window in their clubs history because if they don't have a good.one they are down.

I would love to know the real reason behind their demise. Sounds like the dressing room is more 'lost' than a C4 series about a plane crash on a tropical island

Easy, they have an egotistical idiot in charge, who thinks running a club is all about him and his Twitter account. Compare that to our Chairman, when was the last time you heard JR's view on anything? I can tell you, at an evening with event, where you should hear his views and nowhere else. When people were screaming for DF's head, there were no press statements and no tweets, just a dignified silence and getting on with the job.

We have a Chairman who is grateful, if slightly embarrassed, by our adulation for him. They have one actively seeking it, and believing he deserves it.

Easiest answered question all year.[/quote]
:good_post:
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Big yella wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

..... and one of the best answered questions of the year too :thumbup:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Never mind the gap, better watch the trapdoor. I'll hold it open for you.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:30 pm

County are in a very precarious position. 19 points from 24 matches. Sheep went down with 38 points from 46 games and Barnet 46 points from 46 matches. They almost need to find promotion form now to catch up. Transfer window will be crucial, but who will want to sign for a sinking ship?
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby trenty » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Did anyone else notice Hemmings lack of celebration when he equalised, looks like he couldn't care less
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Uncle » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:39 pm

trenty wrote:Did anyone else notice Hemmings lack of celebration when he equalised, looks like he couldn't care less

I noticed as soon as he scored. Macclesfield celebrated both of their goals with enthusiasm and pleasure. Hemmings response did not look like he couldn't care less. It looked like his EQUALISING goal was not enough to inspire anyone into fighting for their lives and they possibly believe that there's no escape already.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:07 am

Big yella wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Don't ask me why, but I have a feeling its more than that. In the past I heard the atmosphere in the boardroom & with senior staff was quite fractious, though that was some time ago.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:03 am

You do not have a playing budget of £3 million and end up at the bottom of League 2 at Christmas unless something is seriously wrong. Alan Hardy looked a very very worried man after County's defeat at Field Mill. You do not sit on your own staring into nowhere just because you have lost a game of football. He seemed to have bigger worries on his mind. It will not surprise me if County have financial problems in January/February.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:09 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:You do not have a playing budget of £3 million and end up at the bottom of League 2 at Christmas unless something is seriously wrong. Alan Hardy looked a very very worried man after County's defeat at Field Mill. You do not sit on your own staring into nowhere just because you have lost a game of football. He seemed to have bigger worries on his mind. It will not surprise me if County have financial problems in January/February.

That's what I've heard. He's pumping money in from his other businesses. Totally unsustainable.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:47 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:You do not have a playing budget of £3 million and end up at the bottom of League 2 at Christmas unless something is seriously wrong. Alan Hardy looked a very very worried man after County's defeat at Field Mill. You do not sit on your own staring into nowhere just because you have lost a game of football. He seemed to have bigger worries on his mind. It will not surprise me if County have financial problems in January/February.

he was ill that day Tippy. Ardley referred to it in his interview.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby S7AGS » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:26 am

trenty wrote:Did anyone else notice Hemmings lack of celebration when he equalised, looks like he couldn't care less

I always thought hemmings had a bad attitude when he was here...
He struggled to get his first goal and took a bit of stick, nothing bad based on the sitters he missed...then when he scored I’m certain he showed the Q block the ‘rods’...with another player stopping him.

He also got accused of having an attitude in a county interview earlier this season where he gave 1 word answers...is he a bad egg?
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:38 am

On paper they have a good squad. Something has happened at boardroom level. They say "brown stuff rolls downhill" (well close enough to that) the fact they are propping up the entire football league shows how much has rolled down the hill. Its like a cesspool.

Our successes over the years has been down to one thing LOYALTY. When most were clamouring for Cox to be sacked, JR was loyal to him and it paid off. He gave Cox a chance in the league and, while he did ok, it wasn't enough to take us further. He showed loyalty to Murray, who brought in some cracking players but his inexperience meant he couldn't take us further. The Evans came along, vastly experienced but showed no loyalty and reaped the rewards for that. Now we have DF and showed loyalty after some less than desirable results and now it's paying dividends so far.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:22 am

Pic credit to Tippy Tappy (I believe)
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:37 am

That's my photo :)

By the way, has anybody ever seen Ronnie (Sean Revill) and Alan Hardy in the same room together? Well done Agent Revill! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:43 am

Here is another photo of Alan Hardy/Sean Revill that Dan may have taken when he pulled his hood over his head after I had taken his photo. That is the face of a worried man.

[url][URL=https://s32.photobucket.com/user/darren88888888/media/Alan%20Hardy_zps1gukebnc.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:47 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

he was ill that day Tippy. Ardley referred to it in his interview.

If he wasn't sick before the game he would have been by the end!!
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:14 am

Omg ! That photo shows a very worried man . I think it's eventually dawned on AH the enormity of their situation
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum