{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Poor Old Big Al’s Notts County

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:59 am

Let’s be fair to them there just trying to flog there ground because there likely gonna go bust within the next six months and there not like other clubs fans who have a loyalty to start a Phoenix club up when they have Forest next door. Most county fans are forest anyway and just go watch them because forest aren’t at home.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:05 am

Most notts fans are forest ,oh i think your way off the mark there notts fans may be a bit of an odd bunch ,but they are the most anti forest fans ive ever met ,i cant stand nutts but even i would admit that they have a solid dyed in the wool fan base
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:06 am

MTFCMAD wrote:Let’s be fair to them there just trying to flog there ground because there likely gonna go bust within the next six months and there not like other clubs fans who have a loyalty to start a Phoenix club up when they have Forest next door. Most county fans are forest anyway and just go watch them because forest aren’t at home.

Mardy Lane is not theirs to sell....its leased
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:46 am

It's called jealousy, let them get on with it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Johan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:55 am

Speaking of football stadia... This is Victory Park, Chorley.

Notts might very well be playing a league game here next season.
Johan
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:12 pm

To be fair I have to apologise to County as I incorrectly stated Darlington's stadium is the better ground. I now know they actually vacated it after the 2011/12 season as it kept bankrupting the club. They sold it for a paltry two million pounds to the town's rugby club.

HOWEvER, as pointed out earlier County don't own their ground they only rent it, so the principle they don't own the best non league ground stands.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:15 pm

There is very little asset value in owning your ground (and the land upon which it stands) UNLESS it could be developed for other commercial use.

As things stand, Meadow Lane (and Field Mill for that matter) restrictive covenants would not permit use for non-sporting activity.

In our case, owning the ground has a different tangible value, because we have, at last, retrieved it from the Calver criminal. The Club now has the incentive to invest in appropriate ground improvements to match progress on the field.

If County were to fold, it’s difficult to see who would be able to make use of their stadium.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:39 pm

If county go down at least it means another team to stop the spirerites getting back up so easy . They seem to think next season is a formality for them, ha ha dream on .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:54 pm

CassellsCap wrote:If county go down at least it means another team to stop the spirerites getting back up so easy . They seem to think next season is a formality for them, ha ha dream on .

You can see that Chesterfield has come to terms with 5th tier football in the second half of this season. You’d expect them to be fancied to be promoted next season.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:16 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:If county go down at least it means another team to stop the spirerites getting back up so easy . They seem to think next season is a formality for them, ha ha dream on .

You can see that Chesterfield has come to terms with 5th tier football in the second half of this season. You’d expect them to be fancied to be promoted next season.

Yep!

Just like Clownty started this season joint favourites with Franchise FC.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:56 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:There is very little asset value in owning your ground (and the land upon which it stands) UNLESS it could be developed for other commercial use.

As things stand, Meadow Lane (and Field Mill for that matter) restrictive covenants would not permit use for non-sporting activity.

In our case, owning the ground has a different tangible value, because we have, at last, retrieved it from the Calver criminal. The Club now has the incentive to invest in appropriate ground improvements to match progress on the field.

If County were to fold, it’s difficult to see who would be able to make use of their stadium.
Basford United :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:59 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:There is very little asset value in owning your ground (and the land upon which it stands) UNLESS it could be developed for other commercial use.

Do Notts Forest have a ladies team?
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Stafford wrote:

Do Notts Forest have a ladies team?

Yes they do. They played for a while at Basford then Carlton & I think they use Eastwood now.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:56 pm

I was naive enough to think we would bounce straight back into the Football League when we went down. If they do drop down they are in for a hell of a shock. Firstly, almost all of their players will be looking to clock out and move to another Football League club. Replacements will probably be of inferior quality. As we found it is so hard to escape non league when you are down there.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:42 pm

Still bottom, running out of games.

C’mon Macc
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:46 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

They won't have the benefit of a full parachute payment at the start of next season Edders. JR bankrolled our exit . Will Dave Allen do the same?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 pm

Can see Mac getting 4 points from the last two
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:45 am

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

They won't have the benefit of a full parachute payment at the start of next season Edders. JR bankrolled our exit . Will Dave Allen do the same?

Their budget is being cut by £300k next season according to the local newspaper.
Going to operate on a smaller squad too. All well and good if they have a decent core quality of players, but we know all too well that those crap non-league pitches around winter time, plus lots of games, equal lots of injuries and loss of form.
Think they will have a battle on their hands to get promoted.
Hopefully Salford bottle the playoffs, as you'd expect they'll spend big to go out and win the league.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:51 am

I think there'll be a number of potential minefield fixtures, Stockport need to win at Nuneaton on Saturday who are rock bottom of the North. 6001 at their game with Curzon yesterday, so they will be back. Torquay will compete I think, as well as the Salfords and Wrexhams etc.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:01 pm

The consortium that has passed due diligence to purchase Notts County are apparently of South African origin.

I hope they don’t pay in krugerrands like they did in Lethal Weapon 2. I can’t see the new chairman passing the EFL ‘fit and proper test’ if his diplomatic immunity has been revoked.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:The consortium that has passed due diligence to purchase Notts County are apparently of South African origin.

I hope they don’t pay in krugerrands like they did in Lethal Weapon 2. I can’t see the new chairman passing the EFL ‘fit and proper test’ if his diplomatic immunity has been revoked.

apparently port vales owner is interested in buying, and vale fans are saying they wouldn't wish him on their worst enemy.

hope he buys them :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:21 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:The consortium that has passed due diligence to purchase Notts County are apparently of South African origin.

apparently port vales owner is interested in buying, and vale fans are saying they wouldn't wish him on their worst enemy.

Mr Smurthwaite would seem to be an asset-stripper. What would he gain at Mardy Lane?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:25 pm

A wet pair of trousers?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:35 pm

He lives near Nottingham & goes often to watch games. He was there Friday & he's going to MK Dons v Stags too. It's not safe for him at Vale so he's watching other games.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:49 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Mr Smurthwaite would seem to be an asset-stripper. What would he gain at Mardy Lane?

I thought i read he's invested quite a few millions whilst at Vale, with a lot if being wasted on foreign signings. If so then hardly an asset stripper. Maybe have a look what's happening at Bury by their owner and his history running football clubs and companies... scary stuff.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum