{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:37 am

I get rivalry but why anyone wouldn't want our closest rivals back in League 2 to spice things up, give a local Derby twice a year and increase revenue defeats me. Really hope they come up.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:28 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:From a pure excitement perspective, I don't think we've had a player like Wayne Corden since. Teams don't play with those tricky-style wingers anymore.

Agree, we don’t have anyone with some pace and trickery to get you off your seat when they go one on one vs the full back. Cordens consistency in putting it in the right areas to set him apart.

Christopher Nathan Hamilton was the last one we had with blinding pace.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:42 am

Amber Andy wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:From a pure excitement perspective, I don't think we've had a player like Wayne Corden since. Teams don't play with those tricky-style wingers anymore.

Agree, we don’t have anyone with some pace and trickery to get you off your seat when they go one on one vs the full back. Cordens consistency in putting it in the right areas to set him apart.

Agreed on the pace but not as consistent with his final product as Corden
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:51 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:

i’ve banged on about no wingers, no pace since Clough arrived, he doesn’t & wont play with them so i guess while ever he’s still in the hot seat, wing backs are our only option & let’s have it right they are not speed merchants
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:46 am

To be honest, Corden wasn't that rapid, and neither was Liam Lawrence come to think of it. Had they both got blistering pace, they'd have been nowhere near League 2 level.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:15 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:

Yes I agree. Something his current manager is working on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:28 am

I detest County but I’d rather they came up that Wrectum. They shouldn’t even be in the English league system. Then they boo the national anthem when they play at Wembley. Get them and the other Welsh clubs gone.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:43 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:I get rivalry but why anyone wouldn't want our closest rivals back in League 2 to spice things up, give a local Derby twice a year and increase revenue defeats me. Really hope they come up.

They’re not our closet rivals!! For what it is worth I hope they do come up but only cos it’s a good day out in Notts. The other lot out are rivals and I hope they go bust as soon as possible
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:58 am

I don't want either of them to have any joy from football whatsoever for the rest of their days, I want them to trudge home in the dark every week and never smile about football ever.

Just like we have to do.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:08 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I don't want either of them to have any joy from football whatsoever for the rest of their days, I want them to trudge home in the dark every week and never smile about football ever.

Just like we have to do.

Should that read had to do ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:16 pm

The One wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:I don't want either of them to have any joy from football whatsoever for the rest of their days, I want them to trudge home in the dark every week and never smile about football ever.

Just like we have to do.

Supporting a lower league football club with 4 promotions in 40 years isn't necessarily a blessed experience, even without the 5 hour round trip for every home game. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:02 pm

Just like we have to do.

I don't care if County & Chesterfield stay down there forever.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:15 pm

As i lived and worked in nottingham for over 30 years cant stand the arrogant county lot it wouldnt bother me if they went bust the spierites are just as deluded but they ars from derbyshire
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:09 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:

i’ve banged on about no wingers, no pace since Clough arrived, he doesn’t & wont play with them so i guess while ever he’s still in the hot seat, wing backs are our only option & let’s have it right they are not speed merchants

We must be the only club in the country that doesn’t have a single winger in the squad.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:54 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:We must be the only club in the country that doesn’t have a single winger in the squad.

That was a trend started by Coughlan.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:59 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
The One wrote:

Just like we have to do.

Supporting a lower league football club with 4 promotions in 40 years isn't necessarily a blessed experience, even without the 5 hour round trip for every home game. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

63, 75, 77, 86, 92, 2002, 2013 is seven promotions in 92 years so maybe you've actually been spoilt :D
Last edited by Suttonian on Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby victor A block » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:34 pm

Just like we have to do.

A bit unfair on little tinpot Chessie fans as they will have longer to suffer.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:58 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I detest County but I’d rather they came up that Wrectum. They shouldn’t even be in the English league system. Then they boo the national anthem when they play at Wembley. Get them and the other Welsh clubs gone.

This is how I feel too. Welsh teams shouldn’t be playing in England’s league system.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:27 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:We must be the only club in the country that doesn’t have a single winger in the squad.

That was a trend started by Coughlan.

Cox?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:37 pm

Darrell - You have clearly forgotten about Louis Briscoe, Lindon Meikle and Junior Daniel. Two of those played out wide in most of the games in our Conference/National League Championship winning side.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:09 pm

I just remember looking at Couglan's squad and seeing there wasn't a single winger in the whole of it.

Then he was adamant he was playing wing-backs which never worked for him at all, but he insisted on persevering with his failing system. However we could all see that there wasn't really any scope to change it as we didn't have a single winger at all.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:06 pm

Don't mind the club so much but the self righteous fans..........already talking about winning League 2 next season and holding their own in League 1.
Hilarious.
If they don't get promoted Langstaff will be gone before they can top up their Horlicks.
If Wrexham win the league I think Woking will win the playoffs.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:31 pm

victor A block wrote:Don't mind the club so much but the self righteous fans..........already talking about winning League 2 next season and holding their own in League 1.
Hilarious.
If they don't get promoted Langstaff will be gone before they can top up their Horlicks.

God willing.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:38 pm

Sneag wrote:
victor A block wrote:Don't mind the club so much but the self righteous fans..........already talking about winning League 2 next season and holding their own in League 1.
Hilarious.

God willing.

Stop it :lol: :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:44 pm

County and Wrexham have been up there all season. I for that reason hope they both get promoted
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum