{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby manssmooth » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Ooooooh you're for it now,.
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby m1cksut » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:54 pm

just seen this on clowntys board, talking about the Sunderland Til I Die series.
you could not make up the irony of it!

BigFatPie
Hall Of Fame
Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
I've heard a few people talking about this program and going on about how sorry they feel for Sunderland fans. Thing is, Sunderland will be fine. They've dropped about as far as they can for a club of their size, and I suspect with a bit of momentum they'll be knocking on the door of the Premier League within a few years.

I feel sorry for fans of well-established but smaller clubs that aren't too big to go under completely - clubs like Chesterfield, Stockport, York, Darlington, and us if we go down. Nobody can tell fans of these clubs that things will be OK in the end, so we just have to watch it unfold from the sidelines.
The thing I got from the Sunderland fans and also others of similar sized clubs, including ones not too far away, is their sense of entitlement. Achieved nothing for years but expect to get back in the Premier League, where they “belong”, no matter how badly run their club is.

I suppose the thing we can take away from it is that they’re now having a great time in a league they’re far too big for, if we go down hopefully that might be us next season.

yeah, from the oldest league club in the world to the newest NON-league club! how the (not very) mighty have fallen!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Really cant stand them ,detestable club with delusional fans hope they suffer
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:02 am

spanishstag wrote:Really cant stand them ,detestable club with delusional fans hope they suffer

Did you mean to post that on the a Chesterfield thread? As much as I like the rivalry between us and Notts and laughing at them when we beat them, there's no hatred there. They're an entitled bunch of old codgers, but at least they're a friendly, family club. I much prefer the County fans I know to the Forest fans I know. I want them to go down but not for long.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:39 am

I lived in west bridgford area for most of my adult life so i had them at work in the pub everywhere ,they are a lot worse than forest fans in my opinion
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:17 am

Vile club. Only away match in forty years where I witnessed middle aged men screaming abuse into the face of a five year old Stags fan. Wish them nothing but pain and suffering.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:20 am

m1cksut wrote:just seen this on clowntys board, talking about the Sunderland Til I Die series.

BigFatPie
Hall Of Fame
I've heard a few people talking about this program and going on about how sorry they feel for Sunderland fans. Thing is, Sunderland will be fine. They've dropped about as far as they can for a club of their size, and I suspect with a bit of momentum they'll be knocking on the door of the Premier League within a few years.

I feel sorry for fans of well-established but smaller clubs that aren't too big to go under completely - clubs like Chesterfield, Stockport, York, Darlington, and us if we go down. Nobody can tell fans of these clubs that things will be OK in the end, so we just have to watch it unfold from the sidelines.
The thing I got from the Sunderland fans and also others of similar sized clubs, including ones not too far away, is their sense of entitlement. Achieved nothing for years but expect to get back in the Premier League, where they “belong”, no matter how badly run their club is.

I suppose the thing we can take away from it is that they’re now having a great time in a league they’re far too big for, if we go down hopefully that might be us next season.

yeah, from the oldest league club in the world to the newest NON-league club! how the (not very) mighty have fallen!

To be fair Mick, the poster Slackpie, talks in quite a sensible way most of the time, can't speak for the other one too much, but Slackpie is usually on the button, and lets be honest there a fair few of us who believed we were too big for the Vanarama.
I imagine Coventry fans felt the same, and of course we all know about the giant club that is Luton.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:36 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
m1cksut wrote:just seen this on clowntys board, talking about the Sunderland Til I Die series.

BigFatPie
Hall Of Fame

To be fair Mick, the poster Slackpie, talks in quite a sensible way most of the time, can't speak for the other one too much, but Slackpie is usually on the button, and lets be honest there a fair few of us who believed we were too big for the Vanarama.
I imagine Coventry fans felt the same, and of course we all know about the giant club that is Luton.

dunno, i dont remember too many of us bleating constantly that we were much too big a club to be in that position, they are like the direites, much too good a club to lose at all, its the refs/linesmen/commentators/grass's/hotdog sellers fault that they are as bad as they are.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:50 pm

I really dont like them ,hope they go down ,then after that go bust ,then at least they will stop spouting there drivel ,,or they wont ,they would still slag forest off ,then us ,best all round if they disappear altogether ,like i said really dislike these buggers
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Talking to a County friend & he reckons AH is loaded & they will be ok financially once the squad has been reduced .
He thinks they will stay up with the right additions
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:19 pm

Amberheart wrote:Talking to a County friend & he reckons AH is loaded & they will be ok financially once the squad has been reduced .

Thats why they are bottom of the league ,who is gonna buy the players they want to get rid of ,by the way i thought we would stay up right until that bloody goal that rotherham scored
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:Talking to a County friend & he reckons AH is loaded & they will be ok financially once the squad has been reduced .

Thats why they are bottom of the league ,who is gonna buy the players they want to get rid of ,by the way i thought we would stay up right until that bloody goal that rotherham scored

True
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:07 pm

@PriceofFootball on Twitter has suggested Hardy has been in talks to sell the club.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Conker wrote:@PriceofFootball on Twitter has suggested Hardy has been in talks to sell the club.

"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:20 pm

Amberheart wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

True

Hardys worth £55m from link below;

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/bus ... 807586.amp
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:52 pm

There’s a difference between being worth £55m and having £55m
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 pm

he has a net worth of 8.8 mil, and he's wasting that at some pace.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

old ram stag wrote:he has a net worth of 8.8 mil, and he's wasting that at some pace.

He's apparently spending a huge amount from his other businesses to sustain Notts.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Hardy is getting a spanking on Twitter from his own fans, as well as stags and florist fans. We are so blessed with jr and cr
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:11 pm

Should make a book, how to not run a football club, by Alan Hardy :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:18 pm

Amberheart wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

True

I did too. I still have flashbacks :shock:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:43 pm

No Breaks Allowed wrote:
Amberheart wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

True

Hardys worth £55m from link below;

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/bus ... 807586.amp

Is it true that Alan Hardy holds the patent on traffic cones, due to them being modelled on his head and that the royalties bring him in a small fortune every year?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:50 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Their quandary is, do they spend big in an attempt to stay up, or consider the financial implications of being lumbered with expensive players down in the Vanarama?

A few decent defenders would see them safe, but given their players often don't try hard enough then are they bound for the trapdoor regardless?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:51 am

Do you visit Millbrook often?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum