{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:54 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:This now just looks like bullying from DF.

I wouldn't go that far but it certainly doesn't look good.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:55 pm

It’s not bullying. He’s been transfer listed, Flitcroft doesn’t want him, to whether Anderson wants to be here or not.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:59 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:It’s not bullying. He’s been transfer listed, Flitcroft doesn’t want him, to whether Anderson wants to be here or not.

I get that, but there are much better ways to do it. We do not see or hear what goes on at training, or in the managers office, but there are better ways to deal with this sort of situation. Clearly the club (that is the owner and manager) want Anderson off the wage bill but it would appear he has not had any offers due to the high wage he is on. That is not Anderson's fault. This should be kept behind closed doors, its quite close to what Curle did to a number of our players (Larkin, Disley, Corden). I am disappointed if the comment attributed to him in the first post is true.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:59 pm

I’ve not stuck up for him a lot in his time but I don’t think it was ‘bullying’. It was a long drawn out answer and he did end up saying he wanted to focus on players that wanted to play for the club after referring to the youth players etc. It does look bad typed out and he could have done it intentionally but I’m not so sure it was meant so strongly.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:02 pm

Flitcroft cant really win, his job is to build a squad he wants and thinks can be successful. Without some of the transfer listed players leaving he can’t bring anyone else in

Despite not being “that bad” Anderson was not great either under Evans. He did not demand a first team place. He was given the number 10 shirt and was supposedly going to play in that position just behind the striker.. something Evans never actually played him in. In fact he played more games at right back than any other, and if the rumours of him being on 4K a week are true that’s a lot of money for a RB

I suspect Flitcroft is now at the stage that he is willing to upset a few players in an effort to move them out before the window shuts.

I don’t think either Rose or Angol were on his original list but he might now be at the stage we’re he has to do something different to give him that option in the transfer market he needs?
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:12 pm

Unless Paul Anderson is a wrong 'un and setting a bad example to the young players (which I very much doubt) then this looks like very poor man management by David Flitcroft. It does not look like Paul Anderson is going anywhere and we will probably need him at some time this season. He needs to find a way to motivate Paul Anderson and keep him involved. I wonder what JR thinks about this. I wouldn't be happy as a Chairman to see a highly paid player just playing with the youth team. This is not good news.

We also need to hang on to Danny Rose and Lee Angol. Neil Warnock always says you are only as good as your front three and you need six strikers in your squad.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:16 pm

He's probably getting desperate to be fair to him. He's tried the softly softly approach and no bids have come in, so perhaps now he's trying to force the situation.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:18 pm

The full video of the event with what Flitcroft and John & Carolyn said will be on iFollow tomorrow.

In the meantime, would anyone else who was there like to comment on their interpretation of what Flitcroft said about Anderson? I'm hearing slightly conflicting reports.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:23 pm

just read on facebook JR is quoted as saying one will go and it won’t be Rose, don’t know how true it is
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:23 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:He's probably getting desperate to be fair to him. He's tried the softly softly approach and no bids have come in, so perhaps now he's trying to force the situation.

Spot on

And to be fair who can blame him.

He knows he will be judged from game one, and if fails here it could be a while before he gets another job in management. Football is not personal and Paul Anderson will understand that, it’s a career that has and continues to pay him very well
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:40 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:just read on facebook JR is quoted as saying one will go and it won’t be Rose, don’t know how true it is

John said "Carolyn would kill me if we sold Rose" (said in a joking way)

Video on iFollow tomorrow.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:just read on facebook JR is quoted as saying one will go and it won’t be Rose, don’t know how true it is

John said "Carolyn would kill me if we sold Rose" (said in a joking way)

Video on iFollow tomorrow.

She's not the only one :D
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:56 pm

We have 6 forwards, one will probably be gone by Thursday morning, an increased offer for Rose and its goodbye Danny
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:58 pm

maybe the offer is from Peterborough for rose, that's why he doesn't want sell to them
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:00 pm

What I don't understand is he has given the other transfer listed lads a chance to play and prove themselves, and now players like Atkinson got taken off the list and butcher could be now used if needed.

Anderson hasn't been given this chance? I'd rather us use him if we can't get rid then have him in reserves, he could easily play that wing back role.

My point if there are no buyers we may aswell of tried to get some use.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:14 pm

We have 4 proper strikers plus a youth product.

Quite frankly getting rid of either Rose or Angol is crazy unless we have a replacement, Angol and Rose have a big role to play this season.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Conker wrote:We have 4 proper strikers plus a youth product.

Quite frankly getting rid of either Rose or Angol is crazy unless we have a replacement, Angol and Rose have a big role to play this season.

5 proper strikers and someone promoted from the youth. Don't you rate sterling james then?
Last edited by Vicar Jeremiah on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Unless Paul Anderson is a wrong 'un and setting a bad example to the young players (which I very much doubt) then this looks like very poor man management by David Flitcroft. It does not look like Paul Anderson is going anywhere and we will probably need him at some time this season. He needs to find a way to motivate Paul Anderson and keep him involved. I wonder what JR thinks about this. I wouldn't be happy as a Chairman to see a highly paid player just playing with the youth team. This is not good news.

We also need to hang on to Danny Rose and Lee Angol. Neil Warnock always says you are only as good as your front three and you need six strikers in your squad.

Well no surprise you jump on him first chance you get Darren! I am prepared, as I said above, to wait to see what was actually said rather than leap to conclusions. I'd have no problem if we got good money for Angol, he has been very disappointing and we desperately need to strengthen at the back due to injuries. As for having 6 strikers, you truly have departed this earth and moved to a new planet :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Was lucky enough to spend time with the owner and CEO just before he flew to Russia. When i asked if he was happy with the squad h replied that in his opinion we were top heavy with strikers and once he returned from the World Cup he would sit down with DF and discuss who would be leaving. Thought he'd changed his mind with nothing happening but looks like I'm wrong
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:54 pm

are Coventry still sniffing after Rose ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:11 pm

Rob wrote:As for having 6 strikers, you truly have departed this earth and moved to a new planet :lol:

Just sharing the words and wisdom of Mr Warnock Rob who might know a few things about winning promotion. :lol: ;)

As regards Paul Anderson, it would have been interesting reading your views if Steve Evans had acted in this manner :lol: ;)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Don’t understand why Rose gets linked with Coventry, when Robins was slating him, when they played us at our place. Don’t sound like he be going though, to big of an assist.

Angol has potential, would be disappointed if he got let go.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Conker wrote:We have 4 proper strikers plus a youth product.

Totally agree.
Rose was our best striker last season . Angol seems to be highly rated by Flitcroft .
Our problem last season was we didn't have enough strikers to get the goals needed . We now seem to have resolved that so it would be a shame to take one step forward and two steps back imo .
We have already seen how njuries have effected our defence . It could easily happen to our strikers .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:27 pm

With Rose not having played a part in preseason and himself saying he's fit and fighting for a place in the team, I won't be surprised if he left. He wasn't the same player after Flitcroft arrived and didn't he sell/release him at Bury?

Flitcroft has also banged on about wanting to work with Angel
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:43 pm

Let them both go, neither good enough for a promotion tilt. Just an opinion of course :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum