{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:20 pm

die hirsche wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
die hirsche wrote:Great. Another 4 months of watching him fall over and listening to morons sing his name.

Yeah, imagine how much better off we'd have been last season without his 17 goals :roll:

Interesting that you assume the hypothetical striker we would have had instead of drose would have scored no goals :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Of course not, but given Evans signed Miller, Spencer, Arquin & Coulthirst then it's natural to think a different striker would only net half as many, or less.

Hemmings was decent, but without half those goals from another striker we'd probably have been maybe 10-20 points lower in the league.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
die hirsche wrote:Great. Another 4 months of watching him fall over and listening to morons sing his name.

Yeah, imagine how much better off we'd have been last season without his 17 goals :roll:

That makes his cheating OK does it ?

Never said that Belly, although I'd imagine most of our strikers over the years have drawn dubious penalties and freekicks. Based on that they were all cheats to some extent I guess.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:38 am

He takes it to a new level. It’s embarrassing
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:08 am

Some booing from the QLE when Rose was taken off yesterday. Were they having a pop at Danny or the decision to replace him?

On the diving. I don't like it, but it's part of the game. Every team we play tries it, so why shouldn't we.

What annoys me more is players staying down, especially when play continues, when there is naff all wrong with them. Get up and get on with it FGS.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:50 am

Should have had a hat trick yesterday, doing nothing to increase his value.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:55 am

Wonder why referees don’t award blatant penalties to players with a reputation for cheating ?
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:58 am

Jamie wrote:Some booing from the QLE when Rose was taken off yesterday. Were they having a pop at Danny or the decision to replace him?

On the diving. I don't like it, but it's part of the game. Every team we play tries it, so why shouldn't we.

What annoys me more is players staying down, especially when play continues, when there is naff all wrong with them. Get up and get on with it FGS.

To be fair he didn't do any diving yesterday. Maybe DF has had a word.

I think the booing was due to the fact he was subbed. Several in the QL end criticised the decision. Couldn't understand it myself, as he had just missed two chances that he would have normally scored. All three strikers missed easy chances.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:03 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:Some booing from the QLE when Rose was taken off yesterday. Were they having a pop at Danny or the decision to replace him?

I think the booing was due to the fact he was subbed. Several in the QL end criticised the decision. Couldn't understand it myself, as he had just missed two chances that he would have normally scored. All three strikers missed easy chances.

"Normally scored" you must have missed all the other chances/sitters he missed second half of last season.
Not good enough.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 am

In a surprise development

Both The Fat Scottish man and his spiv were sent off yesterday.

Who could have seen that coming?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:20 am

Beano wrote:In a surprise development

Both The Fat Scottish man and his spiv were sent off yesterday.

Who could have seen that coming?

does that mean they have to sit in the stands for 3 games?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Just watched the Peterborough highlights on the Sky App. Rhys Bennett with the most Rhys Bennett headed miss from 2 yards that you'd ever see. Good defender but allergic to scoring.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:27 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Just watched the Peterborough highlights on the Sky App. Rhys Bennett with the most Rhys Bennett headed miss from 2 yards that you'd ever see. Good defender but allergic to scoring.

I also saw he got done by a Donny player and just stood and watched afterwards. I did like Bennett but as you say couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:56 pm

How is angol starting in a league 1 side that just missed promotion to the championship. Did we miss something? Starting already for Shrewsbury, they must be struggling. I think he's miles off league 2 standard never mind league 1
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby chip63 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

"Normally scored" you must have missed all the other chances/sitters he missed second half of last season.
Not good enough.

That's why he's playing league 2 and for Mansfield town. If our strikers took all the chances created every game they wouldn't be playing for us.
I will take 17-20 a year from any striker we have and they will prob miss 80.
They can only score if we create and we are creating chances.
Keep the faith.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum