{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby James » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:40 am

Selling Rose this close to the season would be ridiculous. Going into the season with Davies, Walker & Graham would be a mistake.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:49 am

DF: "You have to score goals from all over the pitch and a great team does that. You can't put your eggs all in one basket and rely on one player to score. We have to improve the team to make chances."

I can’t see a scenario where selling Rose improves that.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:57 am

Rob wrote:The Malcolm club :lol: Happy days.

Club 47 at Gut was a great night out.

Mally Wagon at Wildenrath every morning with Frikky Rolls to soak up the previous night’s booze. Heaven.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ladybr00kjohn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:16 am

Danny Rose is a must stay at the stags that is a no brainer As for Angol last season he was in and out of the side I would let him so he could further his career.
ladybr00kjohn
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:23 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Charlton Athletic would be a great move for Lee Angol as he is a London Boy who started off his career at Tottenham. It might bring out the best in him being closer to home.

Are you his agent? :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:27 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Charlton Athletic would be a great move for Lee Angol as he is a London Boy who started off his career at Tottenham. It might bring out the best in him being closer to home.

Are you his agent? :)

Surely being at home won't make him suddenly strong as an ox, run like a hare and jump 7' instead of 4'11"
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:54 am

Given that Rose was signed by AM and Angol was signed by Mr Walkaway, I would rather we lose Angol.

Simply because AM's signings have been better, and I trust his judgement more.

If you compare what both players have achieved whilst at the club, I think it is justified.

As a footnote, I would guess both would involve a sell on fee to their previous clubs, which could be a factor.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:57 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I think all of David Flitcroft's signings will have been very expensive wages wise. We have the largest playing budget in our history and we do have to comply with the Salary Cost Management Protocol (the League 1 and League 2 version of Financial Fair Play).

If only Walker and Davies had put the boot in as many times as you do on DF, we wouldn't be worried about losing a striker! :P

Could you elaborate on salaries/fees please bud? Specifically i'd like to see signed photocopies of wages, invoices, dockets and a direct number to their tax office ;)
Without that it just sounds like another attack on DF i'm afraid, as you seem to have more deadly venom than a pissed-off box jellyfish :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Last edited by MTFCMusings on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Same old preseason stories in 1 thread really.

Most of the budget is tied up in a few players that are on the transfer list. Anderson seems a priority for us to get rid off, DF probably thinks we have enough cover in his position on the right and wants to spend wages elsewhere.

Defender - more money would help but we were lining up Cameron pre-injury. He wouldn’t be playing for free so there’s still some budget.

We have offers for 2 players Rose and Angol. Should we accept? Depends on the offers and from the clubs reaction they aren’t enough so no. This might change if bids improve and we could get someone else in.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:11 pm

He’s ike aa stuck record

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:20 pm

Maybe sounds like a stuck record, but what do you expect him to say in the current situation?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:25 pm

Would be a shame to lose Rose, he is a decent player who is awkward to play against.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if Angol decided to leave.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:27 pm

oldweststander wrote:Maybe sounds like a stuck record, but what do you expect him to say in the current situation?

I’m on about Tippy Tappy the Flitcroft hater

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 pm

Just stating the facts Mutiny. We had a very large playing budget last season. JR said it was the largest in League 2. Personally I would have thought Luton's budget was larger. JR had to put his hands in his pockets to fund the shortfall as confirmed at last year's AGM. David Flitcroft has since received substantial backing from JR with his signings and it does not take much to work out our playing budget has further increased.

Jim Beachill, the Club's Finance Director, always reminds the fans at the AGMs that the club does need to comply with the SCMP which essentially means a League 2 club can only spend 55% of its turnover and football fortune (transfer fees, cup prize money, tv money etc) on players' wages. Directors' loans do not count.

I have nothing against David Flitcroft but I do have serious concerns about his ability to deliver based on what I have seen to date. Our league results have been poor since he took over. Football is a results business and managers who do not get the required wins do not tend to last long. That's the nature of football. He did inherit a lot of Steve Evans' players on two year contracts but it is his job to get the best out of them. I'm sure other managers would use their good man management skills to do that. Nothing would please me more than if DF proves me completely wrong. I wish him every success. JR deserves success for the backing he has given Steve Evans and David Flitcroft.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:44 pm

When push comes to shove every player at this level has a price thankfully for once we are in a position to get the best price. Both still fairly young so potential comes into it.

I for one can't imagine for one second we are contemplating selling both with no replacement. Purely speculative but a scenario of selling both and that money going toward getting a James Colins and a decent centre back?
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:51 pm

My mistake Belly.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Just stating the facts Mutiny. We had a very large playing budget last season. JR said it was the largest in League 2. Personally I would have thought Luton's budget was larger. JR had to put his hands in his pockets to fund the shortfall as confirmed at last year's AGM. David Flitcroft has since received substantial backing from JR with his signings and it does not take much to work out our playing budget has further increased.

Jim Beachill, the Club's Finance Director, always reminds the fans at the AGMs that the club does need to comply with the SCMP which essentially means a League 2 club can only spend 55% of its turnover and football fortune (transfer fees, cup prize money, tv money etc) on players' wages. Directors' loans do not count.

I have nothing against David Flitcroft but I do have serious concerns about his ability to deliver based on what I have seen to date. Our league results have been poor since he took over. Football is a results business and managers who do not get the required wins do not tend to last long. That's the nature of football. He did inherit a lot of Steve Evans' players on two year contracts but it is his job to get the best out of them. I'm sure other managers would use their good man management skills to do that. Nothing would please me more than if DF proves me completely wrong. I wish him every success. JR deserves success for the backing he has given Steve Evans and David Flitcroft.

You definitely do have something against DF.

His budget contains a number of players signed by Evans on inflated wages, they are not his players and sadly it appears no-one else wants them either. I think you need to provide a more balanced argument Darren, no-one disputes the very disappointing end to the season the players and manager had, but as has been said by many, the players Evans signed under-performed, the blame was not just with the manager. He deserves a chance this season with his own squad (which he has somewhat been hampered doing), it is not helpful and more than a touch irritating when you and a small minority of others just continually snipe.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Seemed more balanced than the effort you make with Steve Evans.

Personally think what he said is spot on, I’m not sure JR said Mansfield’s was the biggest budget mind - Luton’s budget was over the £4m mark :lol:
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm not sniping Rob and certainly not in the way that you arguably sniped against Steve Evans, Paul Cox and Adam Murray. At the moment I do not have full confidence in our manager based on his results. I talk to a lot of our fans at matches and I know plenty of them felt the same way at the end of last season. In fact two fans who I respect had decided he was the wrong man after one game! :lol: Some fans will agree with me. Some will not. That's fine. Everybody is entitled to their view or opinion and do not have to get upset if people disagree with them. That's the whole point of a forum.

If David Flitcroft wins promotion then you can give me that bottle of red wine you owe me after our discussions on Paul Cox. I'll bring a bottle of champagne and we'll celebrate together. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm not sniping Rob and certainly not in the way that you arguably sniped against Steve Evans, Paul Cox and Adam Murray. At the moment I do not have full confidence in our manager based on his results. I talk to a lot of our fans at matches and I know plenty of them felt the same way at the end of last season. In fact two fans who I respect had decided he was the wrong man after one game! :lol: Some fans will agree with me. Some will not. That's fine. Everybody is entitled to their view or opinion and do not have to get upset if people disagree with them. That's the whole point of a forum.

If David Flitcroft wins promotion then you can give me that bottle of red wine you owe me after our discussions on Paul Cox. I'll bring a bottle of champagne and we'll celebrate together. :lol:

I didn't snipe about Evans, I outright detested him, from day 1 :lol:

As for the wine & champagne, my expectations are a touch lower, so lets say top 7 ..... I think that would be worth celebrating.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:40 pm

Was it DF who got rid of Rose when at Bury?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 pm

I think it was yes.

In this day and age what do we think our valuations of them are. At their ages and the strong selling position we are in got to be £750k for Rose and £500k for Angol??
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:07 pm

Id say 500k for Rose and 350k for Angol would see them both depart
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Might be me, but I'd be surprised if we got more than £500k for the pair.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum