{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:09 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Seperate. Rumours are 1 mill for the pair. Not sure on the clause aspect

Can’t believe Posh would want Angol back. It that’s a gen thing though, you’d be mental to not snap their hands off. We’d be the ones up on the deal. We’d need to bring in a decent second string striker though and the money for the centre half is there.

It would be good business.

Agreed,, our hands should be well and truly snapped off!.
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:09 pm

Put the boot on the other foot and ask how much we should pay to bring either of them to the club.

I doubt many would be pleased we were spending £300,000 plus on either of them and would say there were better out there for the money.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Whose to say Flitcroft will be given the money to reinvest?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:17 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Whose to say Flitcroft will be given the money to reinvest?

If JR were to give DF 40% of the fee and keep the other 60% to start offsetting previous investments then I would certainly not complain. As JR has said many times, this club has to become self sustaining. The youth investment will help us do that. At the same time we cannot complain when we accept good offers from clubs higher up the pyramid.

Oh, and 700k for those pair. Yes please.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:18 pm

I'd be very surprised if Angol went anywhere but im free on Thursday if anyone needs a lift.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 pm

whipster221073 wrote:

If JR were to give DF 40% of the fee and keep the other 60% to start offsetting previous investments then I would certainly not complain. As JR has said many times, this club has to become self sustaining. The youth investment will help us do that. At the same time we cannot complain when we accept good offers from clubs higher up the pyramid.

If the club has to becoming 'self sustaining' maybe tell JR not to have a top three £2.5m budget in the league.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:31 pm

Everyone jumping on a rumour like it’s already happened! Surely the Peterborough chairman isn’t stupid enough to think Rose and Angol are worth that much or can hack it in league 1 for a promotion chasing team?
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:35 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Put the boot on the other foot and ask how much we should pay to bring either of them to the club.

I doubt many would be pleased we were spending £300,000 plus on either of them and would say there were better out there for the money.

Absolutely!
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:41 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Put the boot on the other foot and ask how much we should pay to bring either of them to the club.

Absolutely!

So who would we be able to bring in for 300k who can score as many goals as Rose did last season?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:51 pm

any half decent league 2 striker would get more
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby S7AGS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:53 pm

If Eisa was worth 1.5mill I wouldn't accept anything less than 1mill for rose, scored similar last season rose a bit older granted
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby die hirsche » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:55 pm

S7AGS wrote:If Eisa was worth 1.5mill I wouldn't accept anything less than 1mill for rose, scored similar last season rose a bit older granted

:lol:
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Conker wrote:
whipster221073 wrote:

If the club has to becoming 'self sustaining' maybe tell JR not to have a top three £2.5m budget in the league.

No, buy good players, sell for a profit. All whilst they help us climb the league. Fleetwood seemed to manage it for a while, no reason why we couldn't. And the budget is set by the owner, if he decides to spend 2.5m per year then fine. If he decides to keep the odd £500k here and there to pay that off then fine too.

At least this one is investing the £2.5m in the first place.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:08 pm

S7AGS wrote:If Eisa was worth 1.5mill I wouldn't accept anything less than 1mill for rose, scored similar last season rose a bit older granted

Danny Hilton must be worth double that then.. the world of football has gone mad.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chacawab » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:15 pm

I'm not convinced Davies or Walker will score more league goals than Danny did last season. Time will tell
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Johnny H » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:25 pm

Peterborough do not want Angol...in fact their chairman just laughed it off at the mention of him going there.
For me......Anything over 500k for Rose is damn good business.
I would like to think that DF would have a few transfer targets in mind to bring to the club......either on loan or permanent
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:27 pm

https://twitter.com/DMAC102/status/1024360054399619077

Stand by for an update later from Peterborough
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:29 pm

Really don’t see what every sees with Rose. If we can get a decent fee, get him gone. Surely we can do better than him for that sort of money
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:30 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:make your own mind up. I think it is not 100% clear. I did ask Mark, who asked the question to John Radford, and he agreed that it is not clear whether that figure is a combined fee or separate.

I wasn't doubting you. I haven't heard the original. I was just confused as from your transcript, I agree that it is ambiguous, but from the CHAD's quote it reads very much like he is saying £300k each.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 pm

tibby wrote:Really don’t see what every sees with Rose. If we can get a decent fee, get him gone. Surely we can do better than him for that sort of money

I agree.....but im not sure Rose will get replaced.
Defenders first and foremost as I can see DF being happy with 4 strikers (5 if you include Sterling-james)
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:43 pm

Hang on a cotton picking minute here, are some of you wired up right?, you actually think it’s a good idea to get rid of Danny Rose this close to the start of the season, the striker who kept our dream alive up front last season for most it, with two untested newbies left too bang in goals?, how fickle and naive some of you are, it would be an absolutely crazy decision to sell Danny Rose this close to Sat, total bonkers, who on Gods earth do you think will be made available to go out either on loan or sold?, if he sells Rose he is taking a massive gamble on Wacker at this level to score alongside Davis for a season?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:51 pm

tibby wrote:Really don’t see what every sees with Rose. If we can get a decent fee, get him gone. Surely we can do better than him for that sort of money

Maybe so Tibby, but a number of players have drastically improved under DF. I wouldnt bet against him turning it up a notch if he stays.

He ran around a lot last season for little reward, but defenders would mark him out the game knowing our midfield had less potency than a eunuch after 10 pints :P

Big IF, but with more scoring options it could mean Rose doesn't need to chase punted balls and being marked by 1 or more defenders. I wouldn't be happy with him going unless we have a reasonable back up plan
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:52 pm

Maybe Rose wants to leave
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby S7AGS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Surely can't sell to P'boro....embarrassing if they do....
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby lifestags » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Got a feeling their owner will come up with "we got offered Rose". We all know JR thought we was one striker too many.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum