{ the forum }
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

PODCAST 37 / Charity Fundraiser with Ex players & managers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

PODCAST 37 / Charity Fundraiser with Ex players & managers

Postby craigpriest14 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:05 am

Hi All, here's this week's Podcast as we look back at the win over Chesterfield, we talk about who we'd like to see stay in the summer and debate if Flitcrofts style is starting to be implemented enough on the pitch

A Trip down memory lane
Once the full time whistle has blown on the current season, we've decided to launch a new mini series (of around 8/9 episodes) which will feature the stories (no wholes barred) from former players and managers, including shot stopper Ian Bowling, defenders Les Robinson & Bobby Hassell, front man Mick Boulding and Conference winning boss Paul Cox.

The series, aptly titled A trip down memory lane, will be raising money for the fantastic Alzheimer's Society who do tremendous work supporting people with dementia and those who care for people with dementia - including many a former footballer such as our own legend Kevin Bird.

We've teamed up with the Mansfield Chad for this as well, so you'll be able to read an interview in the paper on a Wednesday morning, before viewing/ listening to the whole thing from 1pm on a Wednesday through the usual platforms.

We are doing this in FOUR ways and are asking you to help as much as you can
(1) A LIVE 'Evening With' style event which will take place towards the start of pre-season [Venue/Date TBC] with numerous players/staff from the Conference winning season five years ago - we'll be taking donations on the door and doing raffle, auctions etc

(2) AD-Hoc donations - If you've enjoyed listening to the regular series or indeed to the 'Memory Lane' series once that starts we're asking you to donate whatever you can to our 'Go Fund Me' page. The content will be made available FOR FREE on iTunes and Facebook as it is usually - we're not asking you to pay to watch, we're asking you to donate for a great cause. Those who wish to donate and share their name (as you can remain anonymous) will be entered into a special draw to win a Stags related prize https://www.gofundme.com/memory-lane-po ... alzheimers

(3) Episode sponsorship - for just a £50 donation, you as an individual or you as a company can sponsor an Episode. You'll receive a named credit (along with a plug for a business website if applicable) on the video/audio version of the show, plus you'll receive a little something extra from the guest whose episode you sponsor. You can sponsor as many episodes as you like - please email me craigpriest14@gmail.com to get involved

(4) Series Sponsorship (business') - for a £400 donation your business will receive a professionally made audio advert which will be heard by thousands of people each week at the start and end of each episode. This will be accompanied by video graphics of your company and your logo/ website/ business name will remain in view for the entirety of the video podcast. You'll also be tagged on social media posts and get links to your website included in promotional posts etc. You'll also be given a special gift by us at the end of the series (Please note the series sponsorship does NOT include the final LIVE event show) - please email me craigpriest14@gmail.com for further details

This is an excellent cause and very apt that the money raised will find things like memory cafe's who bring people together over a cuppa to share their stories and memories, exactly what we'll be doing with some club legends!

Please note, a minimum of 80% of donations received will be donated to the charity with the remaining 20% held back to cover running costs, such as venue hire, prizes etc - any money that remains after that will of course go to the charity.

Thank You
User avatar
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:43 am

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Berryhillstagno1, Bros, MobileStag, NorthLondonStag, Parkinsons Perm and 34 guests