{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Atmosphere in Q block

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Atmosphere in Q block

Postby Sammythestag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:56 am

Was booming in Q block tonight! Disappointing second half and some particularly poor performances all around but the support was immense. Hopefully a better performance Saturday, and no sign of spencer.
Sammythestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Atmosphere in Q block

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:58 am

it's a shame the rest of the upper tiers don't get involved, Q block always making a racket
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:44 am

P block got involved. Was a decent atmosphere in there too.
Woke up this morning feeling fine...

First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:10 pm

I think the bottle came from Q block, so whilst the atmosphere they create up there is fantastic, be nice if they didn't throw full bottles of water at players.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Rob wrote:I think the bottle came from Q block, so whilst the atmosphere they create up there is fantastic, be nice if they didn't throw full bottles of water at players.

How big do you think the bottle of water was Rob? It didn't take all of us in Q Block to launch it, just one brain dead numpty. Hopefully they will get what they deserve and so will the equally idiotic Lincoln player who lobbed it straight back into the crowd.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:
Rob wrote:I think the bottle came from Q block, so whilst the atmosphere they create up there is fantastic, be nice if they didn't throw full bottles of water at players.

How big do you think the bottle of water was Rob? It didn't take all of us in Q Block to launch it, just one brain dead numpty. Hopefully they will get what they deserve and so will the equally idiotic Lincoln player who lobbed it straight back into the crowd.

Yes it was only a small bottle, hopefully he will be found - Waterfall will, of course, be punished.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Rob wrote:
Showaddywaddy wrote:

Yes it was only a small bottle, hopefully he will be found - Waterfall will, of course, be punished.

I hope they both get what they deserve. What I don't understand is the reaction of the Stags fans when Palmer wanted to rub salt in the wounds. The guy is a useless footballer but if I had been given the amount of stick he had and then stuck one in the back of the net in injury time then I would enjoy rubbing it in.

We batter him every time he come here so we've got to take it on the chin when he has the last laugh.

P.s. he's still garbage though.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:49 pm

I detest him.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:
Rob wrote:
Showaddywaddy wrote:

I hope they both get what they deserve. What I don't understand is the reaction of the Stags fans when Palmer wanted to rub salt in the wounds. The guy is a useless footballer but if I had been given the amount of stick he had and then stuck one in the back of the net in injury time then I would enjoy rubbing it in.

We batter him every time he come here so we've got to take it on the chin when he has the last laugh.

P.s. he's still garbage though.

I agree, what do fans expect, you give him pelters (and whilst he was warming up some of the chants towards him were very unpleasant) and then complain about him rubbing it in - that said, he should still have been booked and I think he stood there far too long with the referee just watching him.

He is garbage, Lincoln fans I know think so too.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 pm

we know the fan will get banned and fined plus maybe community hours but what will the player get ,a few games ban.he shud also be arressted and took to court,hes got no excuse for this,he shud just have chucked it to side of pitch.
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:06 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I detest him.

:lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:42 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I detest him.

Probably a good job you weren’t there then
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:15 pm

The atmosphere around us in K Block was volcanic. Someone had clearly got a poorly belly.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:20 am

:D I love it it in Q block , that's were a big mouth like mine needs to be :lol:

the young ones up there around the drummer are doing us proud.
I am within a couple of seats of them
its very hard to gauge the noise levels in other blocks but its important Q block get it started for all other blocks to join in.

In our last 5 home where ever we are sat lets make some noise and keep putting visiting supporters to shame.

we put the Coventry and Lincoln fans to shame ,not a mummer until pinching an equaliser

:clap: :clap:

:mtfc: :coys: :mansfield_till_i_die: :mtfc:
Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 am

This isn't a slight at the folks in Q Block, who I'm certain do a good job at creating an atmosphere. Good on you all, keep up the good work.

However, I can't hear you very often from where the cool cats hang out in K.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 am

Hate to burst ya bubble SFL, but the Lincoln fans were louder first half. You guys were more persistent but they were louder. Until we scored at least.

It's probably hard to judge the away noise when your sat in a noisy block.

Maybe doomy is going deaf, i could just about hear you all game from the QLE.

That block does a great job at keeping it going, but you are right up out the way so not the best place IMO but keep it up, it does help the overall atmosphere and get others involved from other stands.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby convertmel » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:23 am

DoomMerchant wrote:This isn't a slight at the folks in Q Block, who I'm certain do a good job at creating an atmosphere. Good on you all, keep up the good work.

However, I can't hear you very often from where the cool cats hang out in K.

I do so agree doomy, us cool cats in "k" gotta stick together :)
i'm with the 99%, how about you?
convertmel
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Mel, there's culture and meritorious aceness around in K. You can taste it on the air - or perhaps that's something else?

As for the atmosphere from the away end. Big followings do benefit from the wonderful acoustics of that stand. It was the same when visitors had the QLE.

Unfortunately the pricing issues have made people turn their backs on our 'kop' in favour of the Greavsie. Shame.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:02 am

There was some bloke up the back of K Block going flipping mental when Lincoln equalised, proper foul mouth too. Can't think who it was. :oops:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum