{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Luke Waterfall

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby The One » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Think the club should release a statement on the incident. The ref will have put in his report and then the FA and SAG will get involved. Some Imps saying bottle was empty when thrown back into IGU. No way would an empty bottle travel that far !!!
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:57 am

If he'd took a pesh in it & lobbed it back up with the cap off, i might be more inclined to give the pearl clutching rules & regs obsessed Blakey's in here a bit more sway.

They lob gret ruddy live squids from up in the rafters down onto the rink at Ice Hockey games over here. And no one's died yet.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:16 am

Expat Stag wrote:If he'd took a pesh in it & lobbed it back up with the cap off, i might be more inclined to give the pearl clutching rules & regs obsessed Blakey's in here a bit more sway.

They lob gret ruddy live squids from up in the rafters down onto the rink at Ice Hockey games over here. And no one's died yet.

whether you like it or not there are rules and no matter what is thrown it shouldn't happen. both parties should be punished, I know football gets the best of us but you can't be throwing stuff at players .

as for comparing it with ice hockey is just daft
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:32 am

So keep on whining then to make sure it gets the governing officials full attn & enjoy the new giant nets clubs will eventually be forced into paying for.

Then we can all look forward to a thousand more threads on stagsnet to add to the fascinating Gabbitas gate debate. Whinging about how SAG's new concentration camp nets are degrading your view & reminiscing about how carefree fans used to love frolicking onto the pitch on the final day of the season back in there day.

Christ, has the atmosphere not been killed enough for you at footy grounds in recent history
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 am

Fair play to you for calling the ice hockey analogy daft though

They're actually allowed & encouraged to create a decent atmosphere at their live games, without getting tutted at. What was i thinking.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:39 am

Can anyone enlighten me on the mentality of some in Q block? I find it quite disturbing.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:46 am

Wannabe 70's hooliligans. They are impressed by the 'folk fairy tales' of old and have a need to prove they are harder.

Definitely hard in the head.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ironbru » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:54 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Expat Stag wrote:Football used to be so aggro.

Folk flipping crying over the return throwing of a bottle is so Meldrew. Has no one in here ever been in a punk moshpit.

I dyed my hair in fifth form, does that count?

No, you would have normally have used your fingers
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:05 am

Expat Stag wrote:Fair play to you for calling the ice hockey analogy daft though

They're actually allowed & encouraged to create a decent atmosphere at their live games, without getting tutted at. What was i thinking.

yeah because pelting coins at folk in headgear and fully padded clothing is the same as throwing coins at a footballer. this is also the same sport where the highlight of the game is the players scrapping.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:16 am

So lets get this straight expat ?
You don't think there is an issue with a footballer launching something towards the faces of the spectators who will all be facing towards him but not necessarily watching him ?

The FA obviously disagree with you as they banned carragher for 3 matches when he threw a coin back at the arsenal fans.
Dave Wayne
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:57 am

I saw Detroit ice hockey fans throwing octopii onto the ice the other week. its a regular thing apparently.. and then the refs come on with a wheelie bin and shovels.

someone managed to wang a 30lber over the perspex one time :lol:
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Foxy wrote:I saw Detroit ice hockey fans throwing octopii onto the ice the other week. its a regular thing apparently.. and then the refs come on with a wheelie bin and shovels.

someone managed to wang a 30lber over the perspex one time :lol:

That's just cruel !! Poor octopuses :cry:
We dream the same dream we want the same thing
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ironbru » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:00 pm

You would think that an Octopus wouldn't have a leg to stand on, BUT they do cos,
How many arms does an octopus have? Only six - the other two are legs, say scientists
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:35 pm

ironbru wrote:You would think that an Octopus wouldn't have a leg to stand on, BUT they do cos,
How many arms does an octopus have? Only six - the other two are legs, say scientists

I think Eggy should put up a poll up on this.

‘How many arms does an octopus have and how many legs has it got.’

Of course the two numbers added together must add up to eight.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Expat Stag wrote:If he'd took a pesh in it & lobbed it back up with the cap off, i might be more inclined to give the pearl clutching rules & regs obsessed Blakey's in here a bit more sway.

Yeah let's be just like America, they've got everything spot on, I mean we could let mentally deranged kids buy guns, what could go wrong?
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Wonder what fine we will be hit with, and whether JR can get the numpty who threw the bottle in the first place to pay it!
Waterfall must be a bigger numpty to throw it back, rather than take it to the ref and say looks what those eejits just threw on the pitch! Do we have the footage of where he threw it as I noticed the highlights handily stopped and didn't show it...
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Expat Stag wrote:Fair play to you for calling the ice hockey analogy daft though

Because two wrongs make a right. They shout racist abuse in Serbia. Does that mean it is acceptable to do it here too ?

If you can’t see that hurling objects onto the pitch or into the crowd is wrong then more fool you. He launched it towards the Upper Stand so it would have had force. What if it had hit a kid or a pensioner in the visage?

You’re just trolling. Makes a change.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm

1970Stag wrote:Wonder what fine we will be hit with, and whether JR can get the numpty who threw the bottle in the first place to pay it!
Waterfall must be a bigger numpty to throw it back, rather than take it to the ref and say looks what those eejits just threw on the pitch! Do we have the footage of where he threw it as I noticed the highlights handily stopped and didn't show it...

I included the incident as filmed from all three cameras in my highlights on iFollow. You can only see him throw the bottle from one of the camera angles,and even then can't see where it landed.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:29 pm

3 game ban
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:43 pm

details of the ban here, including which games he misses.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... ll-1313601
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm

It was a decent throw by Luke Waterfall. He must have been good at the discus at school. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It was a decent throw by Luke Waterfall. He must have been good at the discus at school. :lol:

What’s debating got to do with it ?

;) ;)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:28 pm

Stagsnet is so sensitive. It's like the place strives to stretch points to its absolute extreme until the intention is no longer recognizable.

Saying octopi gets launched down onto a rink isn't a call for being allowed to throw bottles at players down on the pitch. It was to point out that theses fish throwing nutters havent managed to kill anyone yet so lets not get too carried away by one idiot throwing a bottle.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:38 pm

part time pete wrote:
ironbru wrote:You would think that an Octopus wouldn't have a leg to stand on, BUT they do cos,

I think Eggy should put up a poll up on this.

‘How many arms does an octopus have and how many legs has it got.’

Of course the two numbers added together must add up to eight.

Maybe if the board goes quiet over the summer...
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:05 pm

From a silly bottle throwing incident to 'Murrican assault rifles & Balkan ethnic cleanser chants in 2 pgs

Peak Stagsnet
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum