{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The view from N block

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The view from N block

Postby kyle b » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:56 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Ok here goes I thought all in all a point was probably fair but having hung on for so long it was disappointing we didn't see it through.

Well its all about opinions and hindsight is a wonderful thing but when you looks at it all our new boss was on a hiding to nothing last night. If he had made sweeping changes it would have been a huge worry for most but when you look at their team we where not set up to deal with them at all. I love Bennett and Pearce and for what its worth thought Bennett was man of the match but against Rheady for me Diamond would have been the better option. In their midfield you have Bostwick, Woodyard and Frecklington on paper tough to find a better trio in this league and abysmally wasted in the lump it Lincoln style but we put them up against a young loanee and a lad who has been playing centre midfield for 3 months, its a no contest. Been impressed with King but as someone said as soon as he got booked he disappeared. Now this may be controversial but for me Macca is wasted in the middle of the park he doesn't have the control to be effective there long term his energy would be much better deployed on the wing with either Mellis or Byrom in the middle.

Now for me I cannot fathom in any way how White was man of the match I thought he was shocking he had a 30 second spell where he set up the goal but other than that he was dreadful, distribution was poor and he was wildly out of position on numerous occasions but as I say all about opinions.

May have been covered on other threads but no Miller or Penney on the bench?

Apparently something has happened with Miller and we won't be seeing much of him
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:05 am

send him back to evans, won't be missed
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:20 am

As always, opinions are opinions and they differ widely from person to person.

Wasn't at the game, due to illness, but listening it seems we went to pieces when under pressure second half, we have had games like that under the old manager. His answer was always wholesale changes, what will Flitcroft do?
Obviously, Diamond in, will Anderson revert to right back, will Mellis or the young Sheff Wed lad get a start, what about Potter he surely didn't deserve to be left out last night?
All will be revealed Saturday.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:21 am

oldweststander wrote:As always, opinions are opinions and they differ widely from person to person.

Wasn't at the game, due to illness, but listening it seems we went to pieces when under pressure second half, we have had games like that under the old manager. His answer was always wholesale changes, what will Flitcroft do?
Obviously, Diamond in, will Anderson revert to right back, will Mellis or the young Sheff Wed lad get a start, what about Potter he surely didn't deserve to be left out last night?

Potter is injured
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:23 am

Martin said that potter had done his hamstring or something along those lines. Bennett sending off gives diamond a chance to cement his place in the team now. Saturday is a must win now to keep up with everyone else
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:28 am

oldweststander wrote:As always, opinions are opinions and they differ widely from person to person.

It wasn't a game for Potter last night even if he was fit, White was excellent so I don't understand why you'd replace him with a midfielder. I don't think the manager got much wrong last night, he was right to play White, he was right to sub King, can't argue with the decision to bring Spencer on to hold the ball up, which by and large he did and the final sub was forced due to a knock. It was very similar in some ways to the Coventry game, though of course there we had the advantage of playing 10 men for 75 minutes. Lincoln are a big, tough side, abut like us when we were in the Conference, it was always going to be a very tough evening.

For those saying White was shocking, just what game were you watching? Utterly bizarre :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:31 am

Opinions Rob but I don't disagree re White, it was just because we seem to be more effective going forward with Anderson at right back.

Thanks for info on Potter, had no idea he was unavailable.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Its very funny because I would say it's utterly bizarre to argue the other way on White Rob and I usually agree on most points with you but I just cannot think of one good moment he had apart from the goal.

Can't remember seeing a full back so out of position consistently but life would be dull if we all thought the same.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:04 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Its very funny because I would say it's utterly bizarre to argue the other way on White Rob and I usually agree on most points with you but I just cannot think of one good moment he had apart from the goal.

Can't remember seeing a full back so out of position consistently but life would be dull if we all thought the same.

Very true :lol: I know those around me agreed when the MoM was announced and there seemed to be very loud applause and certainly no groans, which you would have expected if he had a shocker. Nevertheless, we do all see the game differently, look at the Spencer thread for another example!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:21 pm

I must admit, even after the best part of a season, I still cant decide if White is actually good or not!

Defensively he is dodgy and is caught out of position a lot, but his pace does get him out of a lot of trouble. I cant say I'm ever confident when he has the ball in our half. It seems to constantly get tangled underneath him and he's always prone to a miscued hack. And he must be the worst header of the ball at the club. But, even after all of that, he's has had some barnstorming games, and I certainly prefer him to Anderson at right back.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Im not the real OND wrote:I must admit, even after the best part of a season, I still cant decide if White is actually good or not!

Defensively he is dodgy and is caught out of position a lot, but his pace does get him out of a lot of trouble. I cant say I'm ever confident when he has the ball in our half. It seems to constantly get tangled underneath him and he's always prone to a miscued hack. And he must be the worst header of the ball at the club. But, even after all of that, he's has had some barnstorming games, and I certainly prefer him to Anderson at right back.

He's the defensive version of CJ. Techincally and mentally poor but his physical attributes make up for it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum