{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

I miss The Vic

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: I miss The Vic

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I think Radford should buy the Early Doors building. Make it a club related boozer.

:hysteria: :hysteria:
Like that's gonna work. Full for 5-6 hours once a fortnight the other 13 days you wouldn't be able to move for tumbleweed.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Spiritater wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I think Radford should buy the Early Doors building. Make it a club related boozer.

:hysteria: :hysteria:
Like that's gonna work. Full for 5-6 hours once a fortnight the other 13 days you wouldn't be able to move for tumbleweed.

Well not if it's a decent pub that offers good beer and food.

'Hysteria' emoji is a overreaction too, nothing on here is that funny babi duck.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Not even the sheep getting relegated? C'mon Conk shirley that's a side splitter.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:22 pm

Spiritater wrote:Not even the sheep getting relegated? C'mon Conk shirley that's a side splitter.

If they get relegated to the conference, maybe. I'll let ya know.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Upper West wrote:
What’s happening with the Early doors these days? That would be decent if it were to open as a pub again

I noticed a few weeks ago there was a For Sale sign on the Vhojon which presumably has now closed.

I walked past there today on my way to Field Mill and there is some work going on inside.

No idea what it is going to be.

Hopefully a TGI Fridays. Okay another corporate chain but the food is bostin.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:08 pm

We'll have an all you can drink and eat superbarn at the megadome.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Sneag wrote:

Mate, their meat is of a poorer quality than even that of Cheesecake Factory. And that takes some doing.

Why they drench it all in slop.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Expat Stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Mate, their meat is of a poorer quality than even that of Cheesecake Factory. And that takes some doing.

Why they drench it all in slop.

Yeah but its the slop that makes it.

Plus until next March they still can't sell chorinated chicken or formaldahyde beef in the UK.

Cheesecake Factory has been raspberry ever since Penny and Bernadette got proper jobs.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Sneag wrote:Yeah but its the slop that makes it.

Plus until next March they still can't sell chorinated chicken or formaldahyde beef in the UK.

Cheesecake Factory has been raspberry ever since Penny and Bernadette got proper jobs.

Your KFC is SO much better back home than it is over here!

Last time home i was in Tesco's cafe & asked for a coke. Flat as a witches tit. Waitress said she'll go change gas canister. Came back with another one. It was then i realized i'd forgotten how warm & treacly pop is back home.

Didn't dare ask for ice cubes. Was with me mum & didn't want to humiliate her!
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Expat Stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Yeah but its the slop that makes it.

Your KFC is SO much better back home than it is over here!

Last time home i was in Tesco's cafe & asked for a coke. Flat as a witches tit. Waitress said she'll go change gas canister. Came back with another one. It was then i realized i'd forgotten how warm & treacly pop is back home.

Didn't dare ask for ice cubes. Was with me mum & didn't want to humiliate her!

you'd already done enough!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:39 pm

the swan has a new manager who is trying and the place will be shut soon for a major refurb(£300,000 ).plus the former dickie dirts shop is to be a new boozer with live acts and footie on.
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Expat Stag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Still laughing at formaldahyde beef

What a time to be alive
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Martin Derint wrote:All the pubs in town are in need of urgent refurbishment. The Wheatsheaf, Ramme, Railway, Dial, Market, New Inn etc are awful dives where none of them have seen any upgrading since the early 90's. Because of this I no longer enter the town centre before or after games. Its so unappealing.

Its shocking in all honesty.

The loss of the Vic, Black Swan, Portland, Eight Bells, White Hart, Town Mill, Village, Charters, Crown and Anchor over the past twenty years shows a lack of need for pubs in todays era, sadly.

Recently a friend of mine whom worked for the Brewery and its subsequent owners cited to me that in the early 2000's the Swan sold as many as 56,000 drinks over the weekend from 3pm Friday afternoon until 10.30 Sunday night, this once included over 24,000 bottles of lager.
Today they sell less than 8,000 drinks a WEEK including coffee and teas. What the fluff has happened.

I agree Mr Radford should buy Early Doors, but we know it would become a designated away fans pub, because Mr Gabbit-ass would commandeer it for his purposes.
Then again it could mean that our club benefits from fleecing the away support......hmmmmm, now there a thought

10 years ago you couldnt move in the swan on a Saturday afternoon from 230 to 6pm. It was 2 drinks (pints or bottles) for £3... This has since doubled in price. At the orginal price the state of the pint didn't really matter.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum