{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Evans Chad Article.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Evans Chad Article.

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Here are a few facts for Steve Evans.

He has signed around 22 players but only 6 of them are in our current first team.

Only 4 of the 13 players Steve Evans signed in the summer are in our current first team.

5 of the players in the current first team were signed by Adam Murray with about half the budget Steve Evans had.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:22 pm

His girlfriend follows him from club to club poking his rear at every opportunity with a dirty shafting toolsman
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:23 pm

So is dependable Steve stretching the truth? Unheard of.

I suppose there will be some Stags fans that have an eye for short, minging fat uns.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:So is dependable Steve stretching the truth? Unheard of.

I suppose there will be some Stags fans that have an eye for short, minging fat uns.

He stretches his undercrackers so why not the truth
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:56 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

That's a good point and one that we've not considered, what on earth is going to happen to the over-stretched MTFC teamwear he used to don?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:07 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

That's a good point and one that we've not considered, what on earth is going to happen to the over-stretched MTFC teamwear he used to don?

Been donated to the Red Cross for refugee tentage. Should solve the Syrian issue.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Been donated to the Red Cross for refugee tentage. Should solve the Syrian issue.

Aren't they already used to keep snow off the pitch ?
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Who’s got his socks?
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Kenwood » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Here are a few facts for Steve Evans.

He has signed around 22 players but only 6 of them are in our current first team.

Only 4 of the 13 players Steve Evans signed in the summer are in our current first team.

6 of the players in the current first team were signed by Adam Murray with about half the budget Steve Evans had.

Football is not just about the starting 11 though so that’s a bit unfair.

The quality of the player within the entire squad has gone up massively. And there is no doubt that players like McDonald, Hemmings, Anderson & Byron or King more recently, who are in this team have helped improve the good players around them that Murray did bring in.

Hemmings is a prime example of that his ability to hold the ball up and do the hard work bringing others into the game has massively changed Roses game

He now gets himself in a lot more goal scoring positions than he ever use too.
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Here are a few facts for Steve Evans.

5 of the players in the current first team were signed by Adam Murray with about half the budget Steve Evans had.

And when he took over from Adam Murray we were as far away from the play offs as we were from the relegation places
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:06 am

“At Mansfield, I’d be away for 7.45am, back at 8pm and that’s not including watching games. At Leeds, I lived away and was only back one day a fortnight. Rotherham the same, Crawley the same.

So how often were you going to go home from the mysterious job abroad then Mr Bullshit?
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:08 am

Big yella wrote:“At Mansfield, I’d be away for 7.45am, back at 8pm and that’s not including watching games. At Leeds, I lived away and was only back one day a fortnight. Rotherham the same, Crawley the same.

So how often were you going to go home from the mysterious job abroad then Mr Bullshit?

QED
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 am

Much of what is written here is reaction to what "not a very nice man" has done.

Like it or not, he is a good football club manager at lower league level and anyone who says he is not better than Cox and Murray are deluded.

One phrase always comes to mind, nice people win nothing in professional football.

Hope Flitcroft can have an outwardly more acceptable persona but be as ruthless as Evans when it comes to getting the best out of his players.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:42 am

Complains at leaving the house at 0745. Feckless flabby belmer.
I’m at my desk after a 45 minute commute by 0715 and I know I’m not alone by any chalk.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:58 am

To be fair, he has to fit his breakfast in before he leaves so that must be an early start.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby m1cksut » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:09 am

Big yella wrote:“At Mansfield, I’d be away for 7.45am, back at 8pm and that’s not including watching games. At Leeds, I lived away and was only back one day a fortnight. Rotherham the same, Crawley the same.

the poor lamb!
there are thousands of people doing the same or more hours every day and only earning in a year what he was being paid in a month, and THEY dont get 3 months off in the summer every year!
hope he chokes on his lying, twisted tongue!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:15 am

m1cksut wrote:

the poor lamb!
there are thousands of people doing the same or more hours every day and only earning in a year what he was being paid in a month, and THEY dont get 3 months off in the summer every year!
hope he chokes on his lying, twisted tongue!

As much as he's chatting breeze, football managers don't get 3 months off every year. In fairness, its probably one of the only jobs where you don't get that much time off.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
First Team
First Team

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:36 pm

As I mentioned before, I work with a guy who used to work with Evans when he used to sell Beans to Sainsbury's many years ago, on and around the time he managed Stamford. He's previously said to me that he was well known for stretching the truth back then, and everyone knew it, even the people he sold to. He came to see me the other day, after reading what Evans had done and said, and said to me 'he's not changed one bit'.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Probably starts at 10 and finishes at 2 then.

Although he does have to work Saturday's and occasionally attend an evening football match - usually at London Road.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum