{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stadium Improvements

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stadium Improvements

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:47 am

Probably, but it's also used to subsidise away travel. The new fund would be soley for folk help to fund these stadium developments they feel the need to comment on.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:33 am

I'd put a couple of portacabins or similar between IG and North Stand and make it an away fans bar for match days. Take some strain off Sandy Pate and be particularly useful when gate closed. More contributions to club funds
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:44 am

I love how people talk about knocking down houses on Bishop and Lord Street. With no second thought given to the fact people live there or realities bebind that happening.

To get them out you'd need a compulsory possession order from the council. Which we won't get, and also then best part of £800k, at least, to buy the top 8 houses (top 2 of each side of both streets). Even then you have a massive transport access issues and problems with the fact they're all terraced houses.

Totally agree on getting card machines in the kiosks. They only downside is the % costs on transactions snd that it might slow an already slow service.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Johan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pm

I’d throw in a couple of quid if it meant the Bishop Street Stand would get demolished. It’s reached the point where having nothing on that side of the pitch is preferable to how it looks now.

Have the SSA considered using one of those crowd-funding websites? I’m sure over time the fans could raise enough money for the old stand to be dismantled, and maybe replaced with a TV gantry like this one?

Johan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Jamie wrote:I love how people talk about knocking down houses on Bishop and Lord Street. With no second thought given to the fact people live there or realities bebind that happening.

To get them out you'd need a compulsory possession order from the council. Which we won't get, and also then best part of £800k, at least, to buy the top 8 houses (top 2 of each side of both streets). Even then you have a massive transport access issues and problems with the fact they're all terraced houses.

Totally agree on getting card machines in the kiosks. They only downside is the % costs on transactions snd that it might slow an already slow service.

Good points Jamie, but would it be possible to make it terracing, albeit small and uncovered without buying the houses and just make it an overspill for away fans, even if it only holds 400 @ £10 a ticket would generate some income when there is a demand for more tickets from away fans. There is plenty of seats available at present for home fans. Just a thought that may be not too expensive and generate some income as well.
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby withnail » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:27 pm

I don't think there's necessarily a need to compulsory purchase houses if better use is made of the available space. Something similar in design to the new stand at Sixfields would fit nicely on the Bishop Street side.
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:52 pm

I agree, if we can do something in the space we have then great. Personally id sooner see us established in L1 before we spend any serious money (that we dont have BTW) on a vanity project like that.

We need a lot more fans to justify the outlay. In L1 more away teams may require the additional capacity but that means them having 2 sides...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:07 pm

Jamie wrote:I agree, if we can do something in the space we have then great. Personally id sooner see us established in L1 before we spend any serious money (that we dont have BTW) on a vanity project like that.

We need a lot more fans to justify the outlay. In L1 more away teams may require the additional capacity but that means them having 2 sides...

Not necessarily ....... one and half sides might suffice for away fans in most cases. That would leave two and a half sides for Stags fans.
Although playing the really big clubs (i.e. Sheff Wed/Utd etc.) might mean sacrificing a whole side, but that would help to justify the costs and still make for a great atmosphere.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Vice President wrote:
Jamie wrote:I agree, if we can do something in the space we have then great. Personally id sooner see us established in L1 before we spend any serious money (that we dont have BTW) on a vanity project like that.

Not necessarily ....... one and half sides might suffice for away fans in most cases. That would leave two and a half sides for Stags fans.
Although playing the really big clubs (i.e. Sheff Wed/Utd etc.) might mean sacrificing a whole side, but that would help to justify the costs and still make for a great atmosphere.

SAG n t'plod would have kittens at the thought of home n away fans in the same stand :shock:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 am

Why don't we just demolish it and build a 30,000 megadome at the Prologis Park?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Why don't we just demolish it and build a 30,000 megadome at the Prologis Park?

It wouldn't be the oldest professional ground in the world then.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:56 pm

All very good suggestions but League 1 first before a spade is turned or a brick laid.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Big yella wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Why don't we just demolish it and build a 30,000 megadome at the Prologis Park?

It would be the youngest megadome though!
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:02 pm

its already a more pleasant place than it was last month, i feel a malign presence has been lifted from the ground, and calm and peace reigns once more!
(til tonight!)
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marco van Sherpa » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm

MTFC should move the technical areas back across to the Bishop Street side of the pitch again.
Obviously somebody thought that we were more interested in watching his embarrassing antics, than the actual football, when he asked for them to be re-sited in front of the West Stand.
Removing a sighting obstruction for many in the lower tier, must surely be a good thing.
:mtfc:
WITH A ROCKSTEADY BEAT
Marco van Sherpa
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby manssmooth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Pleasure Dome, Thunderdome or Megadome hmmmm?
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Expat Stag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Bishop St could be converted into a 2 story glass fronted gym.

Would create a new daily revenue stream & also be a nice accompaniment piece for the future Hotel.

If ever the Radfords ambition of reaching the Championship was ever realized & they actually needed a 4th stand, they could then quite easily remodel the gym interior into Executive boxes.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Expat Stag wrote:Bishop St could be converted into a 2 story glass fronted gym.

Would create a new daily revenue stream & also be a nice accompaniment piece for the future Hotel.

If ever the Radfords ambition of reaching the Championship was ever realized & they actually needed a 4th stand, they could then quite easily remodel the gym interior into Executive boxes.

I’ll have a pint of what you’ve been drinking, please.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’ll have a pint of what you’ve been drinking, please.
He's not building a Hostel. You need to provide attractive amenities otherwise it'll just be a motel doss hole.

Gym memberships for the locals & day passes for hotel guests.

Juice bar & sm kitchen on the North stand end that has exterior kiosk style windows. Serve beer & food out of it on match day to away fans.
Last edited by Expat Stag on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Expat Stag wrote:
He's not building a Hostel. You need to provide attractive amenities otherwise it'll just be a motel doss hole.

Hotel is QLE though not Bish
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:47 pm

The One wrote:
Expat Stag wrote:He's not building a Hostel. You need to provide attractive amenities otherwise it'll just be a motel doss hole.

Walmart scooter jockeys staying at the hotel wont be interested in using the gym but i imagine most corporate guests/traveling salesman would find it useful.

Surely they could include a simple walkway in the build design
Last edited by Expat Stag on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Expat Stag wrote:
The One wrote:
Expat Stag wrote:

Walmart scooter jockeys staying at the hotel wont be interested in using the gym but i imagine most corporate guests would find it useful.

Surely they can include a simple walkway in the build design

The 100 or so houses back of Bish are the problem
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:52 pm

The One wrote:The 100 or so houses back of Bish are the problem
Theres not space for a sm path to walk by the side of QLE & into the side of the Bishop St stand ?

There was a gate there off to side of QLE that i used to sneak through as young un. Corner wasn't filled in.
Last edited by Expat Stag on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:56 pm

manssmooth wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Pleasure Dome, Thunderdome or Megadome hmmmm?

All three rolled in to one. With a glittering golden dome that sparkles in the Mansfield and Ashfield Regeneration Route early morning sunlight.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum