{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

LOMAS ON STAGS: 'boo boys' beggar belief on current run

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: LOMAS ON STAGS: 'boo boys' beggar belief on current run

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:42 pm

I thought from your first paragraph you were on about the poor buggers who sat near evans and raynor ,both gobby buggers
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:53 pm

old ram stag wrote:is there even a story here? I sit lower west and didn't hear any abuse towards our bench, there was a few moans at the ref but the fans around me enjoyed a great game of football.

I’m sure it has more to do with your hearing Old Ram Stag. As the only time you have impeccable hearing is when I say, ‘Would you like a pint?’

Seriously - storm in a teacup (Or pint pot).
I am Spartacus
First Team
First Team

Postby m1cksut » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:16 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Yawn.

Abuse is not acceptable.

So can one of you reporters who interview him after the match ask Evans why he feels it acceptable to abuse officials/opposition/players. If it upsets him so much, ask him how he thinks they feel?

Such a hypocrite.

good point
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:17 pm

I agree Evans needs to take it on the chin. He's made his point and whilst it was valid last time, now he seems to be doing it for effect and normal fans are being tarnished by a daft few.

His last interview gave a big clue about this. He said that a few weeks ago they (the sqaud) agreed to ignore the criticism and stay strong together no matter what happens. There is a bit of a siege mentality building it seems. Whilst im sure someone did probably say something, his post match moaning seems to me to be a continuation of this "us vs the world" mentality he's building.

The real issue here is Lomas making mountains out of mole hills, again... I like John but bashing stags fans does seem to be his favourite passtime.

If we keep winning Evans can do and say whatever he likes...

If it's a real and genuine issue with 1 or 2 people then he should encourage the club to speak to those concerned. Either that or stop hanging all the fans for the stupidity of a tiny minority.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

Without a "fan booing" story, John Lomas wouldn't have a life.

Duller and more predictable than Norman.
“Vanity inclines us to find faults any where rather than in ourselves”

Samuel Johnson
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:18 am

I've defended him and I genuinely like his hair but I can't help feeling he's a bit of a bum kisser tbh

Therefore for now I'm renaming you John Kissass.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby tinman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 am

Bring back Stan Searle
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:33 am

I`m sure if someone makes out of order comments, we have fans that would confront them. I don`t particularly like Evans or Hymas. Rayner, I think is a different kettle of fish. I have been critical for some time, but we are now in a position to get automatic promotion. If we do, all well and good. If we don`t.... Some as our fans? are mindless, as I`ve found on the other site. With regards Front Row Hero, I`m disgusted with the way he was bullied and bruised and manhandled out of the ground, with his kids! No matter what he was supposed to have done. The security needs looking into and dealt with accordingly.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:34 am

of
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby geoffhill » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:44 am

In Evans last interview he made a comment about the 1% of fans that are abusive towards the team and the management team.Out of the total crowd that is to be expected.Some people just don't like Evans so want him to fail you will never change them.I personally think he is very charismatic and gives good interviews with amusing quotes.I don't like his and Raynors touchline antics as some refs will go against them.Evans is surely preferable as a manager to many othersI can mention especially the stuttering Keith Curle or the whinging Ainsworth or Jones.Be careful what you wish for you moaners.Evans is no saint but he will take us to promotion for sure.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 am

PRL13 wrote:..... as I`ve found on the other site.....

:shock: :shock: :shock: There's another site?!? :o
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby roy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 am

Well said Geoff
roy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Some people just dont like evans myself included ,but i always want mansfield to succeed i just cant be doing with him ,hope he gets us promoted think he will ,but he aint my cup of tea ,sorry it just wont happen
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum