{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

stop whining and support

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Its called having an opinion ,his choice he might have had a row but sure as hell its his right ,it might not help but do you think evans,s constant moaning helps ,like i said it works both ways
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby convertmel » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:57 pm

stagbol wrote:I get sick of the constant griping from a certain few every time a pass goes astray or a tackle is missed but my opinion is that we're all in this together win lose or draw, and booing and moaning just destroys the players confidence and makes the skilful guy a nervous wreck afraid to make that defence splitting pass.When i go to sway games every fan supports the players with no moaning. Everyone has a right to their own opinion because they pay their cash, my advice to the serial moaners and booers is don't pay and don't come! Until you behave like proper supporters.

It strikes me you might be better catered for if you supported somebody like Pyongyang rovers.
In the free west we aren't told what to think and nor do we have to tow the supposed. "Party line "
We are all free within the constraints of the law, to express ourselves however we wish .
However I've never boo' d either at halftime or the end of the match and I've never shouted at anyone on the team or staff.
Not sure the powers that be will want you advising people not to come unless they are of the same mind as you.
i'm with the 99%, how about you?
convertmel
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:08 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:If everyone lived in your happy little world it would be bloody boring ,what is a proper fan ,a happy clapping say nothing but nice things type ,a boozed up bloke whoes done a 60 hour week in a boring factory job and wants to let of a bit off steam on a saturday in my opinion , albeit not worth a lot in general the whole country is going tits up with far to much political correctness lets get back to saying it how we see it if you dont like it tough suck it up



If a 60 hour a week working pissed up bloke wants to let off a bit of steam by hurling abuse at his own football team then i’d rather they just not attend.

There’s loads of people who scream ‘rubbish’ and all sorts of nonsense when something isn’t done perfectly , folks shouting ‘sort it evans’ when it’s 0-0 after 30 minutes is another example. I just don’t see how it helps


Is shouting "sort it Evans" really abuse? Does it even compare to the stuff he shouts to his own players? I am not your perfect fan and when things are going badly I do moan about it, usually to one of my sons! I'd hate to watch a game with you Bobby, the constant clapping at mistakes would give me a headache and would be especially irritating when we are 4-0 down :lol:
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4043
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:09 pm

This thread is making me think we take football far too seriously these days. Where have all the funny quips we used to get from some fans onthe terraces gone?
I remember some years ago stood on the terracing below the main stand when we were playing Hartlepool. A certain Peter Beardsley came over to take a corner and a guy with dreadlocks not too far away shouted loudly "Beardsley". Peter looked up rather startled and the guy shouted "respect man". Almost everyone standing nearby burst into laughter including the great man himself.
Contrast that with when I took a mate to see us play Guiseley. We were sat in the IG Upper in front of three guys who had probably spent too much time in the Sandy Pate bar. All game they were baiting Spencer. My mate who supports a team (not the Stags) said to me aren't they supposed to bait the opposition players?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Dont upset bobby mummy wouldnt like that now go stand in the corner
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Messrs Evans and Raynor are not “princesses”. They give plenty of verbal every game. Surely they ought to be able to ignore the handful of brainless morons that seem to have got under their skins?
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6276
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: stop whining and support

Postby abc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 pm

spanishstag wrote:Dont upset bobby mummy wouldnt like that now go stand in the corner


Shouldn't you be having a siesta ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Your so considerate ahhhh by the way is your username an indication of your grammatical limitations
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:32 pm

spanishstag wrote:Your so considerate ahhhh by the way is your username an indication of your grammatical limitations



Blimey, talk about pot and kettle!
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6276
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: stop whining and support

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Rob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:If everyone lived in your happy little world it would be bloody boring ,what is a proper fan ,a happy clapping say nothing but nice things type ,a boozed up bloke whoes done a 60 hour week in a boring factory job and wants to let of a bit off steam on a saturday in my opinion , albeit not worth a lot in general the whole country is going tits up with far to much political correctness lets get back to saying it how we see it if you dont like it tough suck it up



If a 60 hour a week working pissed up bloke wants to let off a bit of steam by hurling abuse at his own football team then i’d rather they just not attend.

There’s loads of people who scream ‘rubbish’ and all sorts of nonsense when something isn’t done perfectly , folks shouting ‘sort it evans’ when it’s 0-0 after 30 minutes is another example. I just don’t see how it helps


Is shouting "sort it Evans" really abuse? Does it even compare to the stuff he shouts to his own players? I am not your perfect fan and when things are going badly I do moan about it, usually to one of my sons! I'd hate to watch a game with you Bobby, the constant clapping at mistakes would give me a headache and would be especially irritating when we are 4-0 down :lol:



I don’t think sort it evans is abuse, I’m on about those fans who start shouting stupid stuff when there’s literally nothing to moan about. You make it sound like I don’t moan, because I do. we’re 1 beaten in 18 games and right now there shouldn’t be much to moan about - but people are scraping the barrel to find something.

call me a happy clapper all you want, id rather be that than a wrist slasher who slags evans and the players off after a loss
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4242
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby The One » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:35 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Rob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:If everyone lived in your happy little world it would be bloody boring ,what is a proper fan ,a happy clapping say nothing but nice things type ,a boozed up bloke whoes done a 60 hour week in a boring factory job and wants to let of a bit off steam on a saturday in my opinion , albeit not worth a lot in general the whole country is going tits up with far to much political correctness lets get back to saying it how we see it if you dont like it tough suck it up



If a 60 hour a week working pissed up bloke wants to let off a bit of steam by hurling abuse at his own football team then i’d rather they just not attend.

There’s loads of people who scream ‘rubbish’ and all sorts of nonsense when something isn’t done perfectly , folks shouting ‘sort it evans’ when it’s 0-0 after 30 minutes is another example. I just don’t see how it helps


Is shouting "sort it Evans" really abuse? Does it even compare to the stuff he shouts to his own players? I am not your perfect fan and when things are going badly I do moan about it, usually to one of my sons! I'd hate to watch a game with you Bobby, the constant clapping at mistakes would give me a headache and would be especially irritating when we are 4-0 down :lol:



I don’t think sort it evans is abuse, I’m on about those fans who start shouting stupid stuff when there’s literally nothing to moan about. You make it sound like I don’t moan, because I do. we’re 1 beaten in 18 games and right now there shouldn’t be much to moan about - but people are scraping the barrel to find something.

call me a happy clapper all you want, id rather be that than a wrist slasher who slags evans and the players off after a loss


Happy Clapper :D
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9851
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Were just having a balanced debate
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:38 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Your so considerate ahhhh by the way is your username an indication of your grammatical limitations



Blimey, talk about pot and kettle!

Whots rong wif me grammer
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Edders thinks i can not be grammatically correct ,so in this post i shall prove to the aforementioned poster ,that i am as unlike the kettle he mentioned , but can construct a reasoned and thoughtful response to his accusation , anyway enough of this bull im out on the razz tonight
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:18 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Rob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:If everyone lived in your happy little world it would be bloody boring ,what is a proper fan ,a happy clapping say nothing but nice things type ,a boozed up bloke whoes done a 60 hour week in a boring factory job and wants to let of a bit off steam on a saturday in my opinion , albeit not worth a lot in general the whole country is going tits up with far to much political correctness lets get back to saying it how we see it if you dont like it tough suck it up



If a 60 hour a week working pissed up bloke wants to let off a bit of steam by hurling abuse at his own football team then i’d rather they just not attend.

There’s loads of people who scream ‘rubbish’ and all sorts of nonsense when something isn’t done perfectly , folks shouting ‘sort it evans’ when it’s 0-0 after 30 minutes is another example. I just don’t see how it helps


Is shouting "sort it Evans" really abuse? Does it even compare to the stuff he shouts to his own players? I am not your perfect fan and when things are going badly I do moan about it, usually to one of my sons! I'd hate to watch a game with you Bobby, the constant clapping at mistakes would give me a headache and would be especially irritating when we are 4-0 down :lol:



I don’t think sort it evans is abuse, I’m on about those fans who start shouting stupid stuff when there’s literally nothing to moan about. You make it sound like I don’t moan, because I do. we’re 1 beaten in 18 games and right now there shouldn’t be much to moan about - but people are scraping the barrel to find something.

call me a happy clapper all you want, id rather be that than a wrist slasher who slags evans and the players off after a loss


They are a very tiny minority, in fact as far as I can work out, one person yesterday just after they scored a pen and the result was in the balance. I agree about not having much to moan about yesterday, but this thread is about Evans moaning so you should have a go at him!
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4043
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:19 pm

I think i’ll let evans off because he’s the one who’s got us in the play offs halfway through the season ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4242
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:21 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I think i’ll let evans off because he’s the one who’s got us in the play offs halfway through the season ;)


Which is about par I'd say :D
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4043
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:26 pm

What I can't understand is that Steve Evans and Paul Raynor have come up the hard way by starting off managing in non-league where they will have heard and received far worse abuse than they do from any Stags fan who decides to mouth off at them or question their decisions. Rotherham United fans can also be very blunt. It should be water off a duck's back for both of them. They should just be "in the zone" during the game and the crowd should be meaningless background noise.

Has managing a big Championship club like Leeds United made them a bit soft or do they think they are now too big to be receiving any criticism from little old Mansfield fans? They must know that football fans are notoriously fickle and even if they were top of the league there would still be some idiots having a pop at them if they lose a game. How would they have coped with Mansfield fans climbing and banging on the roof of the dug out like Paul Cox had to put up with at Matlock in the FA Trophy?

I can remember some Stags' fans saying the likes of Gary Silk, Matt Rhead, Richie Sutton, Ryan Tafazolli and Krystian Pearce were rubbish but they all ended up being voted by the fans as our Players of the Season. Jake Buxton was said to be a non-league defender at best but has since made a great living in the Championship. I'm sure there are some football fans out there who do not rate Lionel Messi. That's football for you! :lol:

I think it would help if Steve Evans and Paul Raynor agreed to do a Fans Forum so all the fans have a chance to put their questions to them. Most of our previous managers have done this. They would then appreciate that the majority of Stags fans are behind them.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4484
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Jamie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:28 pm

spanishstag wrote:Edders thinks i can not be grammatically correct ,so in this post i shall prove to the aforementioned poster ,that i am as unlike the kettle he mentioned , but can construct a reasoned and thoughtful response to his accusation , anyway enough of this bull im out on the razz tonight


All that post does is prove you can't write proper England. That's a very badly constructed and formatted paragraph.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4388
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: stop whining and support

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Why do they need a forum? Evans said in an interview on saturday that he knows 99% of fans are behind the team
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4242
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Its the interviews , he is so bloody good in front of the camera thanks carolyn and john , sorry he does me in cant help it no wonder everyone in this league hate us ,its him
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:33 pm

:lol: Proper england what a two hat
Last edited by spanishstag on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:What I can't understand is that Steve Evans and Paul Raynor have come up the hard way by starting off managing in non-league where they will have heard and received far worse abuse than they do from any Stags fan who decides to mouth off at them or question their decisions. Rotherham United fans can also be very blunt. It should be water off a duck's back for both of them. They should just be "in the zone" during the game and the crowd should be meaningless background noise.

Has managing a big Championship club like Leeds United made them a bit soft or do they think they are now too big to be receiving any criticism from little old Mansfield fans? They must know that football fans are notoriously fickle and even if they were top of the league there would still be some idiots having a pop at them if they lose a game. How would they have coped with Mansfield fans climbing and banging on the roof of the dug out like Paul Cox had to put up with at Matlock in the FA Trophy?

I can remember some Stags' fans saying the likes of Gary Silk, Matt Rhead, Richie Sutton, Ryan Tafazolli and Krystian Pearce were rubbish but they all ended up being voted by the fans as our Players of the Season. Jake Buxton was said to be a non-league defender at best but has since made a great living in the Championship. I'm sure there are some football fans out there who do not rate Lionel Messi. That's football for you! :lol:

I think it would help if Steve Evans and Paul Raynor agreed to do a Fans Forum so all the fans have a chance to put their questions to them. Most of our previous managers have done this. They would then appreciate that the majority of Stags fans are behind them.



Messi is overrated
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Jamie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:37 pm

spanishstag wrote::lol: Proper england what a two hat


Woooosh.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4388
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: stop whining and support

Postby abc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:48 pm

spanishstag wrote:Its the interviews , he is so bloody good in front of the camera thanks carolyn and john , sorry he does me in cant help it no wonder everyone in this league hate us ,its him


It's a real shame you can't make it to the games .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admiral Sook, johnto, nickrobo60, northern stag and 50 guests