{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

stop whining and support

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: stop whining and support

Postby scottyd281 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:06 pm

If you haven’t figured it out yet, an absolutely certain way to lose something as quickly as possible is to forget the privilege you have to possess it in the first place. If folk carry on with the idea of self entitlement to hurl abuse towards SE because they've paid to watch a match and as they perceive SE gives enough out or in their FM 2018 role tactically inept so he should take it, think again. Do you honestly believe JR will continue to invest in the Stags if fans (a minority) continue abusing a Manager who has lost 1 in 18 and SE moves on.It is a quick transition from a nourishing sense of gratitude to a poisonous sense of entitlement and it can only do damage to the Stags. I believe 99.9% of fans will come together and tell the minority to sit down & shut up, as we are also entitled to do so are we not....then what will this lead too. Support is the only winner here, through thick and thin, good times and bad. COYS. :D
scottyd281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:25 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:do they think they are now too big to be receiving any criticism from little old Mansfield fans?

Let's be careful to differentiate criticism from vitriolic personal abuse. There is no issue with criticism, that goes with the territory of being a football manager.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:29 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:do they think they are now too big to be receiving any criticism from little old Mansfield fans?

Let's be careful to differentiate criticism from vitriolic personal abuse. There is no issue with criticism, that goes with the territory of being a football manager.

Whilst I agree that personal abuse of anyone at a football match is unacceptable, don't you get the irony of a bloke who is without doubt the worst behaved manager in the football league complaining about getting some stick? Furthermore, if you think Evans has never dished out "vitriolic personal abuse" then you need to get out more ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:46 pm

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Whilst I agree that personal abuse of anyone at a football match is unacceptable, don't you get the irony of a bloke who is without doubt the worst behaved manager in the football league complaining about getting some stick? Furthermore, if you think Evans has never dished out "vitriolic personal abuse" then you need to get out more ;)

I don’t think it’s the stick. I think it’s when it happened. Which is the act of a cheesedick.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 pm

I don't think Steve Evans was complaining about vitriolic personal abuse on New Year's Day. I think that only applied to one fan at the Morecambe game.

As I've said before, he just needs to roll his sleeves up and get on with the job of winning his 7th/8th promotion. The proof is in the pudding.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:35 pm

scottyd281 wrote:If you haven’t figured it out yet, an absolutely certain way to lose something as quickly as possible is to forget the privilege you have to possess it in the first place. If folk carry on with the idea of self entitlement to hurl abuse towards SE because they've paid to watch a match and as they perceive SE gives enough out or in their FM 2018 role tactically inept so he should take it, think again. Do you honestly believe JR will continue to invest in the Stags if fans (a minority) continue abusing a Manager who has lost 1 in 18 and SE moves on.It is a quick transition from a nourishing sense of gratitude to a poisonous sense of entitlement and it can only do damage to the Stags. I believe 99.9% of fans will come together and tell the minority to sit down & shut up, as we are also entitled to do so are we not....then what will this lead too. Support is the only winner here, through thick and thin, good times and bad. COYS. :D

I'm with you on this scotty. I'm beginning to think that for a very small minority their dislike of SE is greater than their affinity towards the Stags. You can see the bigger picture ,as can others like Bobby. I think you are right about JR, in fact his New Years message said we should all pull together. This is the best chance we have had to progress for years. But it seems for a very small, very vocal minority other things are more important.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 pm

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Do you sit in the West stand lower by any chance ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:59 pm

scottyd281 wrote:If you haven’t figured it out yet, an absolutely certain way to lose something as quickly as possible is to forget the privilege you have to possess it in the first place. If folk carry on with the idea of self entitlement to hurl abuse towards SE because they've paid to watch a match and as they perceive SE gives enough out or in their FM 2018 role tactically inept so he should take it, think again. Do you honestly believe JR will continue to invest in the Stags if fans (a minority) continue abusing a Manager who has lost 1 in 18 and SE moves on.It is a quick transition from a nourishing sense of gratitude to a poisonous sense of entitlement and it can only do damage to the Stags. I believe 99.9% of fans will come together and tell the minority to sit down & shut up, as we are also entitled to do so are we not....then what will this lead too. Support is the only winner here, through thick and thin, good times and bad. COYS. :D

This, all day long!

I've never abused a player or a manager in my 30+years of supporting MTFC. Cannot see the point in the negativity that it generates. It doesn't make me a happy clapper, those that know me will tell you I'm as passionate about The Stags as anybody and I've felt every emotion in over 50 other league grounds watching us.
This personal, vitriolic abuse I just don't get. What is it? Jealousy? Is somebody jealous of SE? Jealous of his success as a man? It's baffling.
We are on the cusp of something massive here and the right people are here at the right time. This is such an opportunity for Mansfield and supporters of MTFC, we should embrace it, not crush it like a bad egg.
Come on, banter is banter but personal abuse is out of order, especially to somebody wearing our badge, trying to make us into something.
Most other fans seem to dislike SE (apart from Crawley fans, they love him) but no matter what they say about him they'd all like him steering their ship to promotion.
MTID.
Admiral Sook
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:27 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I don’t think it’s the stick. I think it’s when it happened. Which is the act of a cheesedick.

Maybe, just not heard anything that bad myself, hundreds sang you don't know what you're doing v Morecambe, which he didn't like at all. I suspect the bloke from the other thread who was kicked out stepped over the line, but I've not heard anything even close to what has been dished out to our previous managers and they just got on with it. We have, as I've said before, our fair share of idiots, best thing Evans can do is ignore them and not get involved in ugly touchline arguments.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:53 pm

abc wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Its the interviews , he is so bloody good in front of the camera thanks carolyn and john , sorry he does me in cant help it no wonder everyone in this league hate us ,its him

It's a real shame you can't make it to the games .

Still see every game live on i follow so feel validated in my comments , but hey ho dont think some could cope with my opinions probably be sat in spb on me lonesome or sneaking a beer oit for frh
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:02 pm

:shock:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:38 am

If the reports are accurate about what was said to him, I’m not surprised he went after the fan. In that circumstance, I’d have had to have been dragged off. I hope they catch the scumbag and publicly shame them.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum