{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Postby Kernow » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:57 pm

Waiting for grass pitches to be ready.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:45 am

Oh how far we've come. I remember the days under that leech from Sheffield when they'd be rocking up at some local park and kicking the dog sh** off the field before they trained. Even the top pitch most of the time was barely functional as he who shall not be named stuck the Circus/Fair on there.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:46 am

I saw that the old bus station is likely to be built out as a hotel.

https://www.chad.co.uk/news/politics/co ... on-3023800.

Does this mean ours will not come forward. Might have been a saving grace amid the current lockdowns and no fans etc.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:53 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:I saw that the old bus station is likely to be built out as a hotel.

https://www.chad.co.uk/news/politics/co ... on-3023800.

Does this mean ours will not come forward. Might have been a saving grace amid the current lockdowns and no fans etc.

To be honest I'm surprised we have a second presumably on its way.

Didn't JR hold a straw poll with the fans askibg hotel or Bishop St stand?

Thought the fans went for the stabd idea.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:15 pm

Whilst I am quite looking forward to seeing a 2nd hotel / retail / hospitality at the eye sore end of town, i think the ship has sailed for a club hotel. is there demand enough for 3 large hotels? the saving grace for ours, is that it will be on the edge of the buisness park.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Bishop Street side of the ground can be addressed now if our new management team gets us into League One .... ( maybe next season tho )
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Carolyn did say she wanted the Bishop Street stand sorting out in a video recently. It would be nice. I’m sure John replied by saying he was saving up for it.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:50 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Carolyn did say she wanted the Bishop Street stand sorting out in a video recently. It would be nice. I’m sure John replied by saying he was saving up for it.

I think its been gutted ready to be knocked down
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Carolyn did say she wanted the Bishop Street stand sorting out in a video recently. It would be nice. I’m sure John replied by saying he was saving up for it.

It hasn’t.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:22 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

It hasn’t.

Oh someone showed me a photo behind the boards, it looked like all the seats had gone?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:30 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

It hasn’t.

Oh someone showed me a photo behind the boards, it looked like all the seats had gone?

They were benches not individual seats. Maybe they have already been taken out, if not and they are still reasonable maybe the club could sell them off as garden benches to raise a bit of cash.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:34 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

It hasn’t.

It was me who took it :lol: Theres been a lot of stuff dumped in there which I didn’t take any pics of but it’s not been cleared properly, only to put the scaffolding poles up to hold the big white board up.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

It hasn’t.

They were benches not individual seats. Maybe they have already been taken out, if not and they are still reasonable maybe the club could sell them off as garden benches to raise a bit of cash.

Pretty sure they ripped the benches out years ago and replaced them with plastic seats. Growing up I used to sit in the Bishop on those wooden benches, I couldn't stand in front of the hoardings because I couldn't see over them!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:20 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

It hasn’t.

It was me who took it :lol: Theres been a lot of stuff dumped in there which I didn’t take any pics of but it’s not been cleared properly, only to put the scaffolding poles up to hold the big white board up.

Know if they are planning on flattening it any time soon?

last home game last season I asked CR if they could at least tidy it up like how oxfords is and she said hopefully over the summer but with covid I assume its not happening :cry:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:33 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Know if they are planning on flattening it any time soon?

last home game last season I asked CR if they could at least tidy it up like how oxfords is and she said hopefully over the summer but with covid I assume its not happening :cry:

Not heard anything more about it since JR’s last comments about it ages ago.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:38 pm

It hasn’t.[/quote]

Oh someone showed me a photo behind the boards, it looked like all the seats had gone?[/quote]

They were benches not individual seats. Maybe they have already been taken out, if not and they are still reasonable maybe the club could sell them off as garden benches to raise a bit of cash.[/quote]

Pretty sure they ripped the benches out years ago and replaced them with plastic seats. Growing up I used to sit in the Bishop on those wooden benches, I couldn't stand in front of the hoardings because I couldn't see over them![/quote]

Thinking about it Rob you are probably correct. I remember the benches being marked with
painted lines when I used to sit in there. My mate took my 8 year old daughter to watch the Wolves cup game and sat in there (I was at work) and he managed to trap her hand in the seat when he jumped up when we scored or went close. That must have meant the seat folded which the benches obviously didn’t. Shame really as I’m sure I would have loved a garden bench to sit down Memory Lane on.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:49 pm

Still have some seats from the old upper West :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:01 am

Spiritater wrote:Still have some seats from the old upper West :D

ditto pride of place
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:51 am

Not entirely linked to our hotel or the BS, but saw this and thought it was interesting and wondered how the club could get on the bandwagon.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/loc ... ld-4677356

OldWestStander, are you in the Council, do you know more?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:13 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Not entirely linked to our hotel or the BS, but saw this and thought it was interesting and wondered how the club could get on the bandwagon.

They are already aware of the plans, think they've even been present in a couple of meetings i believe (could be wrong)
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:22 pm

James wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Not entirely linked to our hotel or the BS, but saw this and thought it was interesting and wondered how the club could get on the bandwagon.

They are already aware of the plans, think they've even been present in a couple of meetings i believe (could be wrong)

If they have chance to do it then they absolutely must, it has completely revitalised Lincoln almost beyond recognition.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum